Arturo Vidal (69 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Why is that we haven't heard from Vidal?

You would think that if he either wanted to go or didn't want to go, we would have heard something from him by now. And from what I have seen in the transfer market, those players who want to stay at their current clubs are more vocal than those that want to leave.

No one finds this odd?
I am sure the club (both sides) have probably asked for him to stay silent until everything is settled from an administrative point of view. Vidal will always be in a good light with our fans so I would think Marotta said that he would be the one to say it to the fans or media so he would take the hit and not Vidal.

But, yes this is odd. Its the same reason why DP never said much to the media as the club took that responsibility on behalf of the player. Besides, if you want to protect the player AFTER he did something like the DUI you know the player would be grilled by reporters: "are you being sold because of your DUI? Has the club disciplined you? Are you still having knee issues?" Reporters ask juicy questions hoping to get juicy answers so I doubt we wanted Vidal to get thrown under the bus if he went to the media to break the news.

Kudos to Vidal for not being a social media whore like some other players because then that would put the club under pressure. Marotta knew he would take heat for this because as you see form some abnormal fans here, people get bent out of shape too quickly without trying to think rationally why the action is even taking place.

Now for my far-fetched theory I have: Bayern asked Vidal/Juventus to keep this low key as possible to keep other clubs from maybe trying to out bid Bayern. We all know Bayern has been dying for Vidal for years and I wouldn't be surprised if we agreed to that and play by their rules with the acknowledgement from Bayern we that can work towards trying to get Goetze as quietly as possible. Sorta like a gentleman's agreement between the clubs for these two specific players. We agreed to be as swift and honest as possible with Vidal if it means they do the same with us for Goetze (even if Goetze decides to stay). This way other clubs don't step in and try to interfere with our transaction.

It is odd because there is so much shrouded in mystery here with this deal but Marotta clarified a lot and I'm sure Vidal will have a press conference the moment he signs with Bayern if he needs to clarify anything that Marotta had not already said.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
We will get another player but whether or not that is "with" the Vidal money I can't be so sure. I don't know if we get the lump sum right away or installments.
If it was installments we could always make a transfer in installments too? I remember reading a while ago that most if not all transfers happen in installments to make the books look in better condition.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
You want the rest of our team to start drinking and driving? :shifty:
No I just want the rest of the team give his heart and soul on the pitch like he did.Remember that Chelsea match when he barely walked for about 30 minutes and played without a complain.Even scored.Not many players would continue with the game with that injury.With this no way I am approving his drink driving which to be honest happens once or say that other players didn't gave their all at the pitch.I am pointing out his dedication on the pitch while he was here.He set an example for that.No doubt about that.

- - - Updated - - -

If it was installments we could always make a transfer in installments too? I remember reading a while ago that most if not all transfers happen in installments to make the books look in better condition.
As far as I read that 37 mil.e. will be in one installment ,now.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Who will replace Vidal's starting spot? Though I like Asamoah, Sturaro and others fighting for that spot I would say that would be a step down for us, which is the opposite of what I want. Will we be chasing someone new?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)