Arturo Vidal (43 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Still, even Marotta fans(which I presume is who you're referring to) don't need to be revisionists about Vidal's form now. I mean even if he had a great season, if he actually asked to leave, then would anyone really hold it against Moratta that he let him go?
Wven with what you presented at hand, I am not holding it totally against him. I am only saying that his sales could have been delayed having in mind that we lost Tevez and Pirlo, losing a third key player in one summer is going to be felt no matter what. The other argument is that even if the sales it to be completed, it is crystal clear that Bayern desperately need a player in Vidal's characteristics (in fact, I see them improve drasrically with his axquisition), then we could have played it harder and got more money from them. They can afford pay mroe and we can afford saying no. The third argument is that if Vidal really wants to leave then I wonder if we even tried to know the reasons behind it.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Woah, abysmal season?

Exaggeration much? Ya, definitely not as good as he usually was, he obviously lost a bit of sharpness due to injury, so by his high standards it definitely was not a top season. But he still had a good season, and was still one of the best midfielders in Europe.
Nah, he wasn't. Very poor in the 1st half of the season, start to pick some pace from March onwards, but lacked consistency. His offensive game was missing, looked very akward in possession, misplacing easy passes frequently. Lacked sharpness and almost always looked a step too slow. Had a few great games towards the end, but plenty of average/below average displays in between.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Nah, he wasn't. Very poor in the 1st half of the season, start to pick some pace from March onwards, but lacked consistency. His offensive game was missing, looked very akward in possession, misplacing easy passes frequently. Lacked sharpness and always looked a step too slow.
In short, he was abysmal.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Wven with what you presented at hand, I am not holding it totally against him. I am only saying that his sales could have been delayed having in mind that we lost Tevez and Pirlo, losing a third key player in one summer is going to be felt no matter what. The other argument is that even if the sales it to be completed, it is crystal clear that Bayern desperately need a player in Vidal's characteristics (in fact, I see them improve drasrically with his axquisition), then we could have played it harder and got more money from them. They can afford pay mroe and we can afford saying no. The third argument is that if Vidal really wants to leave then I wonder if we even tried to know the reasons behind it.
Why would you want to delay the inevitable resulting in lost time closing any future deals and less preseason time with the new team. Better to get it done and dusted as quickly as possible so he can get the money for other deals he might need to close one of Draxler/Goetze more quickly.

You know, people wanted the Vidal sale to be delayed to invite other bidders. If that is the case, what is stopping Schalke or Bayern from doing the same to us and thus stifling any chance we have with more wealthy clubs coming in?

Its exactly because we don't have the money of a so called Tier 1 club that we need to act as quickly as possible before they decide to get involved.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Why would you want to delay the inevitable resulting in lost time closing any future deals and less preseason time with the new team. Better to get it done and dusted as quickly as possible so he can get the money for other deals he might need to close one of Draxler/Goetze more quickly.

You know, people wanted the Vidal sale to be delayed to invite other bidders. If that is the case, what is stopping Schalke or Bayern from doing the same to us and thus stifling any chance we have with more wealthy clubs coming in?

Its exactly because we don't have the money of a so called Tier 1 club that we need to act as quickly as possible before they decide to get involved.
All your questions are answered in my post.

Delay the sales because losing three key players in one window is going to have its effect.

I also did not mention anything about other bidders, it's Bayern and only Bayern who desperately need him, Make them suffer, make them spit more, make them agree to our terms to get a player in exchange. We are not desperate but we definitely look desperate now. We have Vidal, we are sitting in the driver's seat. What we did is hand over the steering wheel to Rummenigge.

It's because we don't have that amount of money that we have to be smarter and make those clubs spit more of their money, they afford it. And so do we if we play hard to get.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
All your questions are answered in my post.

Delay the sales because losing three key players in one window is going to have its effect.

I also did not mention anything about other bidders, it's Bayern and only Bayern who desperately need him, Make them suffer, make them spit more, make them agree to our terms to get a player in exchange. We are not desperate but we definitely look desperate now. We have Vidal, we are sitting in the driver's seat. What we did is hand over the steering wheel to Rummenigge.

It's because we don't have that amount of money that we have to be smarter and make those clubs spit more of their money, they afford it. And so do we if we play hard to get.
I see what you are saying. I still don't think it would have changed anything.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I see what you are saying. I still don't think it would have changed anything.
In the end it's my opinion against yours and this is why I am angry at how we handled this sales and how we now are begging Bayern and Schalke for their players and once we got tired we'll hed back to Italy and look for Saponara and the likes if we fail.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
In the end it's my opinion against yours and this is why I am angry at how we handled this sales and how we now are begging Bayern and Schalke for their players and once we got tired we'll hed back to Italy and look for Saponara and the likes if we fail.
What makes you think we are begging? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)