Arturo Vidal (109 Viewers)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Pirlo is a legend of the sport. the fact that he would be considered a legend wherever he played (except for Inter probably, but they are pathetic) and the influence he has over the team hes playing is what makes him so special. the image, the unique playing style, the winning mentality, the records and titles, everything about him screams legend. Legend of Italy, Milan and Juventus.
:tup:

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
i think whats important here is how the player spent his prime and shone with the team, juventus will always be linked with vidal, while pirlo will be remembered as a milanista first and foremost, also pirlos last 2 years were pretty mediocre, while vidal even in his bad season was one of our players. Add to that the tattoo the fighting spirit, the stats, and you cant help but put him up as a legend imo

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:
He gives his all ,he gets some tattoos done,he says he could stay in Turin for life and very happy here and he leaves for bayern the next moment because he wanted a 'new experience' ?

That doesnt scream 'legend' for me.

If this was a Roma or a Napoli forum maybe but not on a Juventus forum.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
]One thing I've learned this summer: people really get attached to players.[/B]

Hard to draw a line between trying to look at this from the point of view for long term growth or immediate success.

- - - Updated - - -

Why not group everyone under history and only Sticky the legends? One thread. Less drama. :D
Well he deserved that.Fully.One think that is unclear why that quick sale to first offer and for that price?No one can convince me that we cannot get at least 8 mil .for him.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Marotta: 'Vidal asked to leave’
By Football Italia staff

Juventus director general Giuseppe Marotta reveals Arturo Vidal 'wanted a different experience’ and insists Paul Pogba is not for sale.

The Chilean midfielder is on the verge of completing a transfer to Bayern Munich, and the director confirms the former Bayer Leverkusen man asked to be sold.

“We’ve always said we won’t sell players unless the players indicate that’s what they want,” Marotta told a Press conference.

“That’s how it was. [Carlos] Tevez asked to return home to Argentina. [Andrea] Pirlo made some assessments, and decided he wanted a new experience.

“[Angelo] Ogbonna asked for opportunity and consistency in playing time, and as for Vidal I asked him before I went to meet the Bayern Munich leadership.

“He confirmed he wanted a different experience. I’d also emphasise that the player had a contract ending in 2017, while they’re offering him a five-year contract, and that’s very important for his future.

“We’re not a selling club, we’re attentive to those who can increase our quality level.”

Perhaps the club’s most saleable asset is French midfielder Paul Pogba, but Marotta insisted he would not be following Vidal out of the exit door.

“Obviously a he’s a player who we really believe in. He’s a young player who has developed here, who has shown great respect and considers this his natural habitat.

“We’re in the position where we’ll listen to interest from other clubs, as we have done this window. We didn’t sit down with anyone to start a negotiation, because we believe Pogba is an important part of our team.

“In the event he says he’s not happy to continue his adventure with Juventus, we might look at some offers.

“At the moment that hasn’t happened.”

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
so much crap here, can anyone explaine what beppe said? Vidal wanted out or he was pushed out for cash?
Why so little cash? Will Beppe call off the transfer when Götze transfer fails? Why not?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Marotta: 'Vidal asked to leave’
By Football Italia staff

Juventus director general Giuseppe Marotta reveals Arturo Vidal 'wanted a different experience’ and insists Paul Pogba is not for sale.

The Chilean midfielder is on the verge of completing a transfer to Bayern Munich, and the director confirms the former Bayer Leverkusen man asked to be sold.

“We’ve always said we won’t sell players unless the players indicate that’s what they want,” Marotta told a Press conference.

“That’s how it was. [Carlos] Tevez asked to return home to Argentina. [Andrea] Pirlo made some assessments, and decided he wanted a new experience.

“[Angelo] Ogbonna asked for opportunity and consistency in playing time, and as for Vidal I asked him before I went to meet the Bayern Munich leadership.

“He confirmed he wanted a different experience. I’d also emphasise that the player had a contract ending in 2017, while they’re offering him a five-year contract, and that’s very important for his future.

We’re not a selling club, we’re attentive to those who can increase our quality level.”

Perhaps the club’s most saleable asset is French midfielder Paul Pogba, but Marotta insisted he would not be following Vidal out of the exit door.

“Obviously a he’s a player who we really believe in. He’s a young player who has developed here, who has shown great respect and considers this his natural habitat.

We’re in the position where we’ll listen to interest from other clubs, as we have done this window. We didn’t sit down with anyone to start a negotiation, because we believe Pogba is an important part of our team.

“In the event he says he’s not happy to continue his adventure with Juventus, we might look at some offers.

“At the moment that hasn’t happened.”

- - - Updated - - -

"as for Vidal I asked him before I went to meet the Bayern Munich leadership"

this is definitely not vidal asked to leave

this is "we wanted to sell him and he agreed"
zakly, how do you ask him as you are going to see bayern? :lol:

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012

“At the moment that hasn’t happened.” [/SIZE]

This is in regards to Pogba. So if any of you fuck nuts start blaming Marotta for "lying" find this quote.
its probably directed at me :D But yeah,it just suggests we'll sell the moment he says he wants to leave

I dint suggest its a wrong thing though.

If they dont feel like continuing with us,they shoudl leave,simple as.

But what i want to see is us being more ruthless in negotiations.

Say Barca offered 80m next yr and City offered 100m who's to say we wont accept the Barca offer if Pogba pushes to go there ?

Just an example.

thirteen

Reversed Hierophant
Feb 8, 2015
Very true.Cause I don't watch the press please what Beppe said about Vidal,did he really asked to go ,and do someone have a clue why suddenly he wants to go and why we sold him immediately for that price?We can wait like any decent team to make a bigger price.Very strange.
If I may speculate here, I think the car crash was the cause of all this. Maybe the club was just fed up with Vidal’s antics, and Juve are known to be a very strict about these things. Vidal on the other hand may have felt disappointed that the club didn't stand by him after the accident. I think I haven't seen one official statement made by the club regarding the incident.

But this is just my opinion.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
i think whats important here is how the player spent his prime and shone with the team, juventus will always be linked with vidal, while pirlo will be remembered as a milanista first and foremost, also pirlos last 2 years were pretty mediocre, while vidal even in his bad season was one of our players. Add to that the tattoo the fighting spirit, the stats, and you cant help but put him up as a legend imo
he wasnt as influential in Milan as he was here. he spent more time there but he was never considered THE star of the team. here, it was different. even if he didnt play as impressive this season, most people still associated Pirlo as the icon of this team past couple of seasons, together with Buffon. a legend is not only one that scores a lot of goals, or plays well overall. a legend is one who has a worldwide image and reputation, one you can associate a team with, one that will be remembered 50 years from now on. Pirlo is such one, Vidal isnt. in 10 years i guarantee you that a lot more people will remember Pirlo from Juventus (or Zidane from Juve) that Vidal from Juventus, simply because those were world stars through out their whole careers, and have a much higher worldwide popularity and rating. they also had a much higher influence and effect off the pitch for this club. now, im not saying there is no chance Vidal can be considered a Juventus legend by some, and im pretty sure there are good arguments for such a case, but in my book he isnt one, mostly because the way he left. if he kept his promise and tried to get this team to the San Siro final next season and then left for a new experience, then i could agree about him being a legend. but as thing are, atleast to me, he is not

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 101)