Arturo Vidal (107 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
The price was a bit disappointing.People got to accept it.
Which does point to the idea that either it was the player's request to leave or we wanted him out asap.

Regardless, being the best player of the team for about 2.5 of his 4 seasons, give or take, is not too shabby.

Though that doesn't mean I still like him. Much like Lichtsteiner, he's the type of player who you love while they're playing for your team, but detest when they're not. It's probably just me :D

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Which does point to the idea that either it was the player's request to leave or we wanted him out asap.

Regardless, being the best player of the team for about 2.5 of his 4 seasons, give or take, is not too shabby.

Though that doesn't mean I still like him. Much like Lichtsteiner, he's the type of player who you love while they're playing for your team, but detest when they're not. It's probably just me :D
Common.

At Liverpool for example,players have asked to leave and they have fetched themselves a damn good price in the end.

Sometimes i just feel we are not ruthless in these kind of situations.We are more the endearing kind which could be good or bad depending on the circumstances.

Bianconero90

Aug 31, 2012
Why is pirlo a legend? Is it so hard to answer? He was influential in making our way back to the top but i would never call him a juve legend
Pirlo is a legend because he loves Juve, he never said that but showed it with emotions and went on to America to finish his career there because he is old and cant go the pace again with Juve.

Vidal is NOT a juve legend because he was the first to say he loves Juve, the city, the tifosi and that he wants to stay here a long time. (Said may 2015). He is a liar, he went on for the money! Just as 99% of footballers today. I am very thankful for his 4 years here, I loved him here. But NO juve legend

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
One thing I've learned this summer: people really get attached to players.

Hard to draw a line between trying to look at this from the point of view for long term growth or immediate success.

- - - Updated - - -

I say move Pirlo and Zidane to history. :shifty:
Why not group everyone under history and only Sticky the legends? One thread. Less drama. :D

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Common.

At Liverpool for example,players have asked to leave and they have fetched themselves a damn good price in the end.

Sometimes i just feel we are not ruthless in these kind of situations.We are more the endearing kind which could be good or bad depending on the circumstances.
There's a difference, Sterling/Suarez were younger than Vidal is now, who is 28 and has a maybe dodgy right knee. He wanted to leave so ultimately our hands are tied.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
And if he didn't want to go to England but just Bayern your theory falls flat on its face. BTW I don't judge player values based on what 'random other player' went for, it doesn't work like that, there are many other considerations; position, nationality, age, willingness, contract length, clauses, how stupid the buying club are. For example Liverpool have to giev QPR £9m of their fee.

Anyway, thanks for everything Re Arturo! Can't say I will wish him much luck at a team like Bayern, but he was great for us.

:juventus:
Just to finish it: my problem is not only with the value of the transfer. It's with the pace of it. It's everything on Bayern terms, including the pace.

I mean, before nearing a deal, you have to search the market for a substitute. If a suitable guy isn't available, you don't close the business unless they give you Gotze. It's as simple as that.

But when you do the thing on a rush, without knowing for sure who the substitute will be - that's shitty business in my book.

Now, Oscar is not attainable, Isco is not attainable, Firmino is gone, Gotze is probably not attainable, Draxler is only a bet. Do you sell Vidal knowing you won't get these guys? Of course you don't.

So it's not only the values of the transfer, but the lack of planning, while doing it on Bayern terms, on a rush.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 99)