Arturo Vidal (18 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
icemaη;5016342 said:
A change of scenery will help Vidal. He seemed visibly frustrated, a bi product of a combination of loss of form and injury, for a lot of last season. Even then he showed his class at times. A new challenge with different expectations will probably bring the best out of him again. Either Pep's system will fuck him over or he'll go back to his form under Conte. Wherever he is, he'll still have to recover from the insane amount of games he had since the beginning of the year, yet again. The man has barely had any rest in between NT duty, club duty and injury.
Watching him play for Chile, who employ a system and tactical setup that is similar to what Pep does, I think he'd have no problems at all fitting into Pep's system.

Buy on AliExpress.com

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Watching him play for Chile, who employ a system and tactical setup that is similar to what Pep does, I think he'd have no problems at all fitting into Pep's system.
Like I said earlier watching Vidal misplace easy passes while tiki taki-ing will be funny :D
Do you think Pep will remain at Bayern beyond the end of the season?

(I haven't seen Chile play for a long time. So maybe he'll prosper under Pep)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
icemaη;5016350 said:
Like I said earlier watching Vidal misplace easy passes while tiki taki-ing will be funny :D
Do you think Pep will remain at Bayern beyond the end of the season?

(I haven't seen Chile play for a long time. So maybe he'll prosper under Pep)
He was Chile's best player in the Copa. Chile played a possession based 3-5-2 system, very much tiki taka, but probably with more intensity and speed than Pep's style. I think seeing him in that system probably convinced Pep to buy him.

I don't think he'll stay beyond next year, but I think it will be either his decision or mutual. He seems to have a problem dealing with all the stress of managing a top club, and his short fuse also gets him into trouble with important people in the clubs he manages, has managed. I feel that like Mourinho, he'll never be a manager that settles at a club for a long time, unless he changes.

JUVEMAN1211

Jun 22, 2011
Okay, I know nothing has officially been announced yet so...... if he doesn't end up going to Munich, when is he due back to training? I know hes on Holiday with his family at the moment, but I am surprised he hasn't come out and said anything. His twitter and Instagram at the moment are all about his family.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Okay, I know nothing has officially been announced yet so...... if he doesn't end up going to Munich, when is he due back to training? I know hes on Holiday with his family at the moment, but I am surprised he hasn't come out and said anything. His twitter and Instagram at the moment are all about his family.
Well Sanchez will be back training at Arsenal in the start of August, I'm guessing a similar date for Vidal?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Anyone who thinks Bayern are getting a weaker, damaged Vidal and that this was our last opportunity to sell, are just consoling themselves and trying to make sense of this move. Point is, Vidal is still going to be a beast, and his knee is going to hold up just fine. Sure it may add to the wear and tear of his career from a longer 5 year perspective, but it's going to have absolutely no impact on his first 2-3 year tenure at Bayern. At 36m, this is one of the best deals you'll find on the market today.

Like we have discussed in the past, the defensive aspect of his game alone is worth the money, and he had more than found that aspect of his game in the final stretch of our season. And while most of us harp on the Vidal we are selling not being the Vidal of old, they don't realise that he was already a better Vidal than the first part of the season, well on his way to finding his good/best form again. Make no mistake about it, the player that has been sold is still a pillar for us and it's going to be no different at Bayern.

Hopefully we will find out the reasons that led to the sale of the player in today's conference, but if we end up getting the likes of Mhiktarayan, Draxler and Cuadrado to resolve our tactical issues as a result of this, then it's a shame.
totally agree with this. We must find the reason.

He is not the same Vidal... but by end season, Vidal was more than adequate to start for us... he was a little frustrated here and there.. but if he controls himself, i have no doubt he has at the very least 2 more years a vidal level.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
totally agree with this. We must find the reason.

He is not the same Vidal... but by end season, Vidal was more than adequate to start for us... he was a little frustrated here and there.. but he controls himself, i have no doubt he has at the very least 2 more years a vidal level.
The reason is that he was offered a shitload of money from a giant club, he accepted and his agent informed Juventus.

That's the only reason. Marotta decided he shouldn't try to keep the guy against his will and he should allow him to leave for Bayern at the highest price he could get.

That's basically it. There's no mystery in this. Just bad decision making by Marotta.

You look at how United are dealing with De Gea's move to Real and you can see the difference of ambitions and stature between both clubs.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The reason is that he was offered a $#@!load of money from a giant club, he accepted and his agent informed Juventus.

That's the only reason. Marotta decided he shouldn't try to keep the guy against his will and he should allow him to leave for Bayern at the highest price he could get.

That's basically it. There's no mystery in this. Just bad decision making by Marotta.

You look at how United are dealing with De Gea's move to Real and you can see the difference of ambitions and stature between both clubs.
I still dont want to believe that MArotta bended over at the first offer. Not because im a marotta fanboy, im not ,( i appreciate his work a lot tho).... but because is just too stupid to sell vidal to bayern just like that, when the player was still in contract and we could have found a better offer for the team which Vidal should have understood,

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
T
Marotta said before that we would not keep a player who wanted to leave. United have chosen to keep a player who wants to leave, that's a risky business in itself, no matter how professional the player.

It's ok to be "ambitious" when you can afford to lose £25m on a player to prove a point that they would throw the money away to not be bullied by Real Madrid. They had a turnover of €518m last year and growing rapidly. If Vidal really does want to leave then we aren't going to turn down €40m when he has two years left. The year later he will be worth half or less, and that's just the monetary value.

So the difference in 'stature and ambition' is €250m+

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I still dont want to believe that MArotta bended over at the first offer. Not because im a marotta fanboy, im not ,( i appreciate his work a lot tho).... but because is just too stupid to sell vidal to bayern just like that, when the player was still in contract and we could have found a better offer for the team which Vidal should have understood,
He probably wanted to finish the deal asap so he could find a replacement.. it was just his decision. He has said many times that when a player wants to leave, he'll leave. It's just what happened.

I'm definitely not expecting anymore for any extra circunstance that justifies this. It's just how Marotta proceeds.

And $$$ is quite an understandable reason why Vidal decided to leave.

- - - Updated - - -

Marotta said before that we would not keep a player who wanted to leave. United have chosen to keep a player who wants to leave, that's a risky business in itself, no matter how professional the player.

It's ok to be "ambitious" when you can afford to lose £25m on a player to prove a point that they would throw the money away to not be bullied by Real Madrid. They had a turnover of €518m last year and growing rapidly. If Vidal really does want to leave then we aren't going to turn down €40m when he has two years left. The year later he will be worth half or less, and that's just the monetary value.

So the difference in 'stature and ambition' is €250m+
No. They are holding the player until they receive a decent offer for him. Madrid's initial offer was peanuts, because there's only another year of contract.

And to make things worse, Vidal has so much more market than De Gea. And his contract runs till 2017.

It's a basic principle. You have 3 parties involved on a deal, the condition to make it is if all 3 are satisfied. You sell a player only if you feel you receive the correspondent amount for him.

If you honestly believe that 37+3 is the value of Vidal in today's market, with 2 years of contract left, than I really can't say anything left to you, this ends any kind of discussion by itself.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
No. They are holding the player until they receive a decent offer for him. Madrid's initial offer was peanuts, because there's only another year of contract.
My understanding is that they told Real Madrid to include Sergio Ramos in the deal or forget signing the player. Real Madrid have also given Keylor Navas the #1 jersey, and have signed another keeper in Kiko Casilla. De Gea only seems to want Madrid (family reasons etc), and it doesn't look like he will be going there this summer.

- - - Updated - - -

If you honestly believe that 37+3 is the value of Vidal in today's market, with 2 years of contract left, than I really can't say anything left to you, this ends any kind of discussion by itself.
Well yes I said before all this that Vidal's value was about €40m-€45m, as I've already explained.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
My understanding is that they told Real Madrid to include Sergio Ramos in the deal or forget signing the player. Real Madrid have also given Keylor Navas the #1 jersey, and have signed another keeper in Kiko Casilla. De Gea only seems to want Madrid (family reasons etc), and it doesn't look like he will be going there this summer.
Well yes, actually it's a poor comparison to Vidal's situation.

Juve's situation is much more comfortable and easy to deal with, since Vidal has much more market, and also one year more in his contract.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If you honestly believe that 37+3 is the value of Vidal in today's market, with 2 years of contract left, than I really can't say anything left to you, this ends any kind of discussion by itself.[``
this.

He is at his peak and is a very marketable player. I would undertsand if marotta was in a hurry for a deal... but it seems he will not make it...and anyways I think Vidal is not a random DM, but a special one.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

Well yes I said before all this that Vidal's value was about €40m-€45m, as I've already explained.
So around 28/30M pounds?

OK, won't argue with that, not going to lead anywhere. It just seems blatantly wrong.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Show me a box to box midfielder who was/is still very good post 30?
Marchisio will turn 30 next year and looks nowhere near slowing down. Neither does Vidal for that matter.

Decline happens gradually at first, then faster and faster. It used to be that players aged 28 were already slightly declining physically, but made up for it mentally. Then after about 32 the decline started to be too much.

I bet Vidal's and Marchisio's physical numbers are not showing any decline at all. And like I said, in sports where we can actually MEASURE physical fitness, we know older athletes are becoming better and better.

I've given you not one, but three examples of over 30 athletes who are top of the world in a sport that is solely about speed. We know that the average age of an olympic gold medalist at the 100m is actually just under 24.

We have athletes today who are 10 years older who will not just compete, but are among the favorites.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Well yes, actually it's a poor comparison to Vidal's situation.

Juve's situation is much more comfortable and easy to deal with, since Vidal has much more market, and also one year more in his contract.
It depends on the will of the player, largely. If he had decided to not re-sign then, in terms of finances, it was right to sell him now than risk getting ~€20m (1 year) or €0 for him. If he had a three year contract I'd agree, but lose a year and we lose a lot of money.

- - - Updated - - -

So around 28/30M pounds?

OK, won't argue with that, not going to lead anywhere. It just seems blatantly wrong.
Based on what, because Sterling went for £49m? So what do you think his value is? This is just semantics, after all, there is no point in going all Cronios over something quite subjective.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
We ourselves paid 32 + 8 for Dybala.

Benteke, Schneiderlin, Kondogbia, Martinez.

I mean, I could go on and on. Too many inferior players sold by a similar amount.

And it's not only done transfers. It's the current context. Money has exploded in EPL and we didn't take advantage of it. The guy is taylor made for EPL, they would cover him with gold.

I think it's very obvious that British teams would line up to make bids for him. His price would definitely go somewhere around 50/55M of guaranteed money, rising to 60M total. We got 37M guaranteed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)