Arturo Vidal (18 Viewers)

Monster Zero

Mar 2, 2014
How come people say Vidal is done because of his knee but asamoah is not? He was injured much longer and we don't know how fit he is yet. Plus he didn't play as a cm for some years now .... It's not quite easy replacing the best b2b midfielder
Yeah he hasn't played there in a while but for Ghana he's one of their pillars and holds it down all across the midfield, similar to Vidal is to Chile.

The dude has the talent and I believe he'll do very well.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
so my shoes are finally here right on time :( plus my frame is ready for my wall :( Forza Juve forza Vidal :(
Nice work.

- - - Updated - - -

wrote this about why selling vidal is the right thing to do:

http://www.juvefc.com/why-selling-arturo-vidal-is-the-right-move/
Good piece.

First you say he's going for an undervalued price, and then you say it's time for Juve to cash in. Why not cash in for the full price? We could easily get 60m+ for him.

Furthermore, you say he's only got 1-2 good years in him by making comparisons with players from a completely different era. That's pure speculation and he's likely to have another 3-4 top years in him. Players are lasting longer these days due to sports science, diets, etc. He was our best player in the CL and won Chile their maiden Coppa America. He's far from being even close to his last legs.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
it's really funny to hear people 'bargain' with the sale of vidal with the laughable argument of 'it's time to cash in', if that really was the priority then he should have been sold last year for twice the figure hes being reported to sell for.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
it's really funny to hear people 'bargain' with the sale of vidal with the laughable argument of 'it's time to cash in', if that really was the priority then he should have been sold last year for twice the figure hes being reported to sell for.
Agreed, but if we're allowing him to go at that price in order to get Gotze, do you support that?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Agreed, but if we're allowing him to go at that price in order to get Gotze, do you support that?
at least thats a more compelling argument, clearly gotze presents an opportunity that would otherwise not present itself, we got their desire to have vidal coupled with marios lack of play there. I personally dont rate gotze that high, but his potential is at least of interest, but if we sell vidal to get cuadrado, then the knives better be out yo

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
at least thats a more compelling argument, clearly gotze presents an opportunity that would otherwise not present itself, we got their desire to have vidal coupled with marios lack of play there. I personally dont rate gotze that high, but his potential is at least of interest, but if we sell vidal to get cuadrado, then the knives better be out yo
Exactly. I don't know if we'd better off with the Vidal-Gotze exchange, but the potential reward if definitely high. Any player of a lower profile, like Cuardrado or Draxler, and it's a massive screw up

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
at least thats a more compelling argument, clearly gotze presents an opportunity that would otherwise not present itself, we got their desire to have vidal coupled with marios lack of play there. I personally rate gotze very high, and his potential is at least of interest, but if we sell vidal to get cuadrado, then the knives better be out yo
Sums it up nicely

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
for anyone tldr
Thats not what i said. Dont put words into my mouth i didnt say.

Dont blame eighter. We know nothing at this point apart from a sudden quick sale thats nearing completion when we confirm a cam.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, i'm sorta hoping it was our board that pushed him to bayern.

Not because i want that, fuck no i'd wanted vidal to finish his career here.

But because that would pretty much means we do this to get a cam instead, and tunnelvision on Götze.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yup

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
How come people say Vidal is done because of his knee but asamoah is not? He was injured much longer and we don't know how fit he is yet. Plus he didn't play as a cm for some years now .... It's not quite easy replacing the best b2b midfielder
Because we are not selling Asamoah and it makes them sleep easier at night.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Nice work.

- - - Updated - - -

Good piece.

First you say he's going for an undervalued price, and then you say it's time for Juve to cash in. Why not cash in for the full price? We could easily get 60m+ for him.

Furthermore, you say he's only got 1-2 good years in him by making comparisons with players from a completely different era. That's pure speculation and he's likely to have another 3-4 top years in him. Players are lasting longer these days due to sports science, diets, etc. He was our best player in the CL and won Chile their maiden Coppa America. He's far from being even close to his last legs.
If Vidal forced the move, Juve's hands are tied in what they could do about the price ( we don't know the whole story yet).

b2b midfielders have always had a shorter shelf life, no matter what era they played in, sports science cannot control the passage of time. Best player in the CL? He was great in the Monaco/Dortmund ties but was a train-wreck in the final, perpetually on the verge of getting sent off.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
If Vidal forced the move, Juve's hands are tied in what they could do about the price ( we don't know the whole story yet).

b2b midfielders have always had a shorter shelf life, no matter what era they played in, sports science cannot control the passage of time. Best player in the CL? He was great in the Monaco/Dortmund ties but was a train-wreck in the final, perpetually on the verge of getting sent off.
I think we can all agree that the first thing to go with age is speed.

Sprinters used to be over the hill when they turned 26. The two best ranked sprinters of 2015 are Justin Gatlin and Asafa Powell. The first is 33, the second is 32. They ran 9.74 and 9.81 respectively. Even more interesting is that 9.74 was a personal record for Gatlin.

Which brings me to Kim Collins who ran a 9.96 PR last year, aged 38.

If that doesn't show you that times are changing when it comes to older athletes, I don't know what will.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Vidal's knee injury is what hurt his form and significantly lowered his price this season. It's probably also the reason he didn't move last season to United for crazy money. He's 28 years old, his age is not a problem at all.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
I think we can all agree that the first thing to go with age is speed.

Sprinters used to be over the hill when they turned 26. The two best ranked sprinters of 2015 are Justin Gatlin and Asafa Powell. The first is 33, the second is 32. They ran 9.74 and 9.81 respectively. Even more interesting is that 9.74 was a personal record for Gatlin.

Which brings me to Kim Collins who ran a 9.96 PR last year, aged 38.

If that doesn't show you that times are changing when it comes to older athletes, I don't know what will.

There are exceptions to the rule, Yaya Toure is still a monster at 31 (but he's a more intelligent player than Vidal).

The dynamics from sprinting to football are completely different, players get tackled and play with more regularity than sprinters would race (I assume, not an authority on sprinting to be honest). Also a difference racing for ten seconds than running for 90 minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)