Arturo Vidal (136 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
vieri, dont make me laugh

baggio was done when we sold him

and vidal is more important to us than zidane was
Vieri was a bigger player then vidal is

Vidal is the same age as baggio when we sold him, he could be equally done, and baggio was at that point the biggest italian talent in history

Zidane was much more important to juventus. He was the main drive that got us in both finals, and when he didnt perform, it was most of the reason we didnt make another 2.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Can you find a rationale explanation to this deal? I surely can't. The team was dealing well with the lost off Tevez and Pirlo with maybe a player or two to fill to complete the roster. Is there a better explanation for selling this player? This guy of all people? If you're so $#@!ing broke and have to buy a mother$#@! AM, sell the player who is going to be sold next season anyways. Why sell a player who is going to $#@!ing run his heart for you till he has nothing left to give?
we don't need to sell to buy

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
none of those were as big as vidal is at the time of their sale, lets not kid ourselves
Baggio was Juventus when we sold him in 1995, the entire team was built around him, same for ZZ in 2001 post ADP's injury. Vidal is a vital cog in this current machine but he isn't the main man.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
We should just send them Pereyra with Vidal's papers.
Hahahahahah best post.

But srly, I jope marotta will find a solution to this with Allegri. Selling Vidal will not be a sweet pill to swallow for fans, and even when we survived some good months without him, that doesnt mean we should sell him for 40 peanuts.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
People need to get over themselves.

We have sold far better and more important players than Arturo Vidal.

The fact is that it's the right time to sell him. His style of play means he will only decline further from here on out and his value will plummet with it. Edgar Davids was done aged 30 and we eventually let him go for free and we bought a 29 year old Vieira who was past his prime. Box to box midfielders have a very short shelf life and Vidal doesn't have the intelligence to modify his game when his dynamism goes.

In saying that, we should be aiming for at least 45m at a minimum.
Davids had a personal problems with Lipi and started some stupid moves like fighting in bars just to be released.Viera is another cas.We just have to sold him since we were relegated.So these two aren't a good examples.

Mar 3, 2014
It's very clear management is focusing on making the team young. They are treating this champions league final like the end of a cycle, rather than a point to build off of. I imagine some of this had to do with Tevez leaving, which probably created the need to rebuild the offense.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Can you find a rationale explanation to this deal? I surely can't. The team was dealing well with the lost off Tevez and Pirlo with maybe a player or two to fill to complete the roster. Is there a better explanation for selling this player? This guy of all people? If you're so fucking broke and have to buy a motherfucking AM, sell the player who is going to be sold next season anyways. Why sell a player who is going to fucking run his heart for you till he has nothing left to give?
I would have accepted 80 mill for pogba , LONG before a 35 mil Vidal sale, and i recon the management should do the same.

Pogba over the course of an entire season, has yet to be as good as pirlo the first 2 seasons, vidal the first 3 seasons, and Marchisio last season.

quality wise, not that big a loss compared to vidal. A fit vidal, defensively speaking alone, is unique

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
I have a feeling that the club decided to sell him.Not Arturo's decision.
They maybe felt that it's a good time to sell him,maybe the latest car accident,not 100% healthy knee,don't know.
I think they feel we have enough guys to play this role and wanted to buy a good AM.

Sad story really.
What makes this even more look bad it's the price,i mean they have money,Vidal worth it.I think less than 50M is a bad deal.
If it's 35M + Bonuses it's a really bad one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 129)