Arthur (73 Viewers)

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Imagine if we end up getting $40-60M from Arthur sale or swap with player with that resale value.
Then we would have gotten delicious plusvalenza from selling retired old fart Pjanic, small minusvalenza on Arthur, and overall have gained $30M to $50M.

Right? That would not be as bad as some wants to make it look.
But lets see what happens, maybe thats too good to be truth.

Nejc

May 13, 2006
Who would pay 30m for Pjanic? The guy was barely a sub for worst Barca in 20 years and is rotting in Turkey or wherever he is now.
I agree with the point tho, in hindsight it would be better if Pjanic wasnt even replaced instead of having Arthur.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
What we have seen so far, is the worst case scenario. Arthur being injured the whole time, and alzheimer Allegri not being able to handle him.
If there is some truth the the rumours though, then it still means creating value out of the corpse of Pjanic.
That shouldnt stop us from hiring other midfielders meanwhile, given that he aint playing.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
:lol:

Arthur failing hard at Barca, and under two coaches now at Juve is Allegri’s fault.

Wat a doofus.
So much mental illness :lol:

Dude has been injured and hasnt seen or been given any continuity yet. But he didnt have such crazy fallouts with Pirlo, he probably reassured him that he had a place in the team to fight for. Here it seems like Allegri for one doesnt like that he doesnt respect him, and 2, has found out that he dont want to play him anyways, he prefers some lanky headless chicken runners. The Matuidis, Rabiots, Bentancurs an Khediras. Need more of that!

Arthur doesnt have anyone to blame, obviously, but its definitely expensive for us as a club to not try to integrate him after his injuries, or sell him in a timely manner, instead of this bs where we suddenly cant really negotiate.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
When fit Arthur has disappointed close to everytime. He is shit.
Yes, all our players have basically been shit.

But out of the whole bunch, only these players have potential to play at a high level in the next 3-4 years:
- Chiesa
- Dybala
- De Ligt
- Locatelli
- Kulusevski
- Arthur

The rest are old or completely hopeless. These players above are also the only ones we could actually sell for good amounts.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012

But out of the whole bunch, only these players have potential to play at a high level in the next 3-4 years:
- Chiesa
- Dybala
- De Ligt
- Locatelli
- Kulusevski
- Arthur

The rest are old or completely hopeless. These players above are also the only ones we could actually sell for good amounts.
Sadly, I see no hope of you posting at even a decent level in the next 3-4 years.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

- Chiesa
- Dybala
- De Ligt
- Locatelli
- Kulusevski
- Arthur

Kulu and Arthur. :rofl:

Wat a mentally ill putz.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
So much mental illness :lol:

Dude has been injured and hasnt seen or been given any continuity yet. But he didnt have such crazy fallouts with Pirlo, he probably reassured him that he had a place in the team to fight for. Here it seems like Allegri for one doesnt like that he doesnt respect him, and 2, has found out that he dont want to play him anyways, he prefers some lanky headless chicken runners. The Matuidis, Rabiots, Bentancurs an Khediras. Need more of that!

Arthur doesnt have anyone to blame, obviously, but its definitely expensive for us as a club to not try to integrate him after his injuries, or sell him in a timely manner, instead of this bs where we suddenly cant really negotiate.
I just don’t see the fit in Allegris system, I don’t think it’s anything personal. Arthur has a very specific skillset (tiki taka) and isn’t positionally versatile. Where would we even try and integrate him?

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Is Arthur even good at tiki taka style football?

It seems the more it is said the more it is accepted with little evidence. At the moment he is just another player who has flopped in Europe. He failed at Barca, as he has here.

Tiki taka requires a lot of movement with agility, fitness, speed being key qualities needed, you also need good vision to spot passes to open teams up. I don't think Arthur has any of those qualities.

He has a nice touch and when he concentrates it is hard to get the ball off him. But he lacks a lot of the key skills needed for a CM. He isn't suited to being a destroyer (can't tackle or run), he isn't suited as a creative mid (can't create), he isn't suited as a goalscoring mid (has no attacking instinct) or a regista (can't pass).

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I just don’t see the fit in Allegris system, I don’t think it’s anything personal. Arthur has a very specific skillset (tiki taka) and isn’t positionally versatile. Where would we even try and integrate him?
allegri even tried to integrate him. arthur started against malmö and played a full 90 minutes for the first time since the parma game in april. also, allegri always said that he appreciated arthur's attitude. allegri always played him in the cl when arthur was available.

then to thank the opportunity, arthur arrived late for training.

but but but allegri :sergio: :lol:

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Who would pay 30m for Pjanic? The guy was barely a sub for worst Barca in 20 years and is rotting in Turkey or wherever he is now.
I agree with the point tho, in hindsight it would be better if Pjanic wasnt even replaced instead of having Arthur.
Pjanic was better at any aspect. free kick, pass and movement.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

- Chiesa
- Dybala
- De Ligt
- Locatelli
- Kulusevski
- Arthur

He is excellent at retaining possession under pressure, there is no doubt of this. However, his lack of professionalism and party lifestyle are concerns and I can't see him ever really reaching or maintaining a high level of play because of this.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Is Arthur even good at tiki taka style football?

It seems the more it is said the more it is accepted with little evidence. At the moment he is just another player who has flopped in Europe. He failed at Barca, as he has here.

Tiki taka requires a lot of movement with agility, fitness, speed being key qualities needed, you also need good vision to spot passes to open teams up. I don't think Arthur has any of those qualities.

He has a nice touch and when he concentrates it is hard to get the ball off him. But he lacks a lot of the key skills needed for a CM. He isn't suited to being a destroyer (can't tackle or run), he isn't suited as a creative mid (can't create), he isn't suited as a goalscoring mid (has no attacking instinct) or a regista (can't pass).
Arthur didn't fail at Barca, where did that narrative start? Maybe he didn't live up to the crazy expectations they put on him (ie next XAVI) but he definitely didn't fail. He was primarily a starter and played relatively well. They only sold him for financial reasons. Remember how mad Barca fans were? If we sold him everyone would celebrate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)