Arthur (34 Viewers)

Jun 6, 2015
Arthur didn't fail at Barca, where did that narrative start? Maybe he didn't live up to the crazy expectations they put on him (ie next XAVI) but he definitely didn't fail. He was primarily a starter and played relatively well. They only sold him for financial reasons. Remember how mad Barca fans were? If we sold him everyone would celebrate.
They were mad because they got a much older player in return not because they wanted to keep him. I don't think the majority of Barca fans rated him much, of course there are always a few exceptions who don't understand that there is more to football than possession.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Arthur didn't fail at Barca, where did that narrative start? Maybe he didn't live up to the crazy expectations they put on him (ie next XAVI) but he definitely didn't fail. He was primarily a starter and played relatively well. They only sold him for financial reasons. Remember how mad Barca fans were? If we sold him everyone would celebrate.
If by starter you mean started less than half his games, then yeah he was a starter.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
They were mad because they got a much older player in return not because they wanted to keep him. I don't think the majority of Barca fans rated him much, of course there are always a few exceptions who don't understand that there is more to football than possession.
Non sense, no Barca fan wanted to see him go. He had 8 G/A in 28 appearances in his last season there. Definitely wasn't just dicking around like he's been at Juve.

- - - Updated - - -

If by starter you mean started less than half his games, then yeah he was a starter.
19/20: started 3 of the 5 CL games. Was also a starter 14 times in La Liga (out of the 27 times he was in the squad)

18/19: Starter 7 out of 10 CL games, 20 of 30 in La Liga

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I always used to asked my Barca-fan nephew what's he good at- defending, attacking, box-to-box? Could never answer but still rated him and would be mad at coach for not playing him more.

Arthur was shit throughout imo, was very disappointed when we got him.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Arthur had very good start with Barca, but then his bad habits started to show. At first they tipped him as new Iniesta, but it was only for some period, then he was always injured or not ready physically

Jun 6, 2015
Non sense, no Barca fan wanted to see him go. He had 8 G/A in 28 appearances in his last season there. Definitely wasn't just dicking around like he's been at Juve.
Based on what exactly? I don't think many of them cared that he left, they simply weren't happy with receiving a 30 year old player in return. Barca let him go because he was nothing special for them.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Based on what exactly? I don't think many of them cared that he left, they simply weren't happy with receiving a 30 year old player in return. Barca let him go because he was nothing special for them.
Based on the general reaction. It wasn't just about getting an older player.

Now tell me how 8 G/A in one season is just a possession footballer? He was no Pogba or anything but he produced for Barca and wasn't a bust like he's been at Juve. Does he even have half that production since he's been here?

edit: hes got 1 goal, 0 assists in 40 appearances. LOL

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
19/20: started 3 of the 5 CL games. Was also a starter 14 times in La Liga (out of the 27 times he was in the squad)

18/19: Starter 7 out of 10 CL games, 20 of 30 in La Liga
Ah, you're only counting out of the games he was fit. Okay, then yes, he was selected more often than not when he was available.

But 8 G/A is really nothing to write about when that's by far his best ever season lol.

3 G/3 A in the league; 1 A in CL, I guess the other G/A came in Copa Del Rey or something because its not showing here - https://www.whoscored.com/Players/284114/History/Arthur

6 goals, 7 assists in his whole career. Damn.

Jun 6, 2015
Based on the general reaction. It wasn't just about getting an older player.

Now tell me how 8 G/A in one season is just a possession footballer? He was no Pogba or anything but he produced for Barca and wasn't a bust like he's been at Juve. Does he even have half that production since he's been here?

edit: hes got 1 goal, 0 assists in 40 appearances. LOL
Obviously at Juve he has been way more useless than at Barca (partly due to injuries) but it's not like he was some phenomenon at Barca either. He was just a regular young player that had some nice qualities that your average fan finds appealing. Many if not most had already given up on him at the time of the transfer due to inconsistent performances and unprofessional behaviour (partying and collecting STDs for example). Also it's not like his production was amazing there either, 3 goals and 4 assists in an ultra-attacking Barca during his two La Liga seasons is nothing to write home about

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Ah, you're only counting out of the games he was fit. Okay, then yes, he was selected more often than not when he was available.

But 8 G/A is really nothing to write about when that's by far his best ever season lol.

3 G/3 A in the league; 1 A in CL, I guess the other G/A came in Copa Del Rey or something because its not showing here - https://www.whoscored.com/Players/284114/History/Arthur

6 goals, 7 assists in his whole career. Damn.
Thats more production than were gonna get out of our entire midfield this season lol.

My point is he wasn't always a useless player. He was actually decent at Barca and fit their system much better. Hopefully there are other clubs that still feel that way and we can dump him.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The most meh and nothing CM I’ve seen in years. We paid a fortune to sign this bum and have him on monstrous wages. We are fucked for a long time. Honestly, we’d have got more production and effort from a semi-retired Pjanic in his mid-30s than this clown.

Grazie Tici.
Even his ball-retention was trash today. The one thing he’s actually supposed to be good at. Thank god we signed Locatelli, because this guy is utter shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)