Arthur (15 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It's become common knowledge unless one intentionally wants to close an eye.
What I find Curious is how anyone can claim we are dependent on Arthur. Has he had any goals or assists yet to justify that claim of being dependent on him?

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
What I find Curious is how anyone can claim we are dependent on Arthur. Has he had any goals or assists yet to justify that claim of being dependent on him?
No but he is important for this system as he is the only midfielder in this squad that can keep the midfield ticking and recycling possession. If he were fit and starting for us over the past few weeks, we probably wouldn't have seen that sloppy backpassing between our centre backs and mids that has led to many dangerous giveaways and sometimes led to conceding cheap goals too.

Bentancur has proven time and again to be a failure when given the responsibility to run the midfield.

As i said, a poorly constructed squad made to rely on a select group of players.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We are dependent on him as he adds balance and football intelligence. He has not delivered in numbers and I don't think he will be one that will fill the statistics tables but damn I would rather him play ten times ahead of idiot Bentancur or lame Rabiot.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't really think those statistics are indicative of anything really IMO.
I think that they show how inconsistent we've been the entire season regardless of the starting line up. But we never needed statistics for that, it was so much obvious anyway.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
For a fortnight the 24-year-old has worked hard to return as soon as possible, and the newspaper claims he aims to be back for the important second leg against the Portuguese giants in the Champions League.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Arthur will never rack up a significant number of goals or assists. He’s not that type of player and will never be.

What Arthur provides is composure with the ball when pressed... how much you value that skill is up to you.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
He’s no Pirlo, who could create assists from our own half, but he’s much more competent than the other CMs we have (except McKennie). He eases a lot of pressure (literally) from our defense. That allows us to move the ball quickly . I’d say Arthur is not only crucial in how our defense works, but also our attack.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Arthur will never rack up a significant number of goals or assists. He’s not that type of player and will never be.

What Arthur provides is composure with the ball when pressed... how much you value that skill is up to you.
This. Arthur could be an excellent asset if we had either two creative mids or one creative/one agressive vidal-esque mid. There's no need for him to be our focus point of creation going forward.

But since we have Rabiot and Bentancur he'll never be more than just a guy who holds the ball and does the simple pass here and there.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)