Arthur (7 Viewers)

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Not as much hype coming to Juve as that guy Can had but appears will eventually leave Turin with possibly less accomplished too. Holding out hope but if he can't create offense, he has zero value.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Haha you guys are really quick to judge him. He has had some great games for us and then some more passive ones like yesterdays. He is our only player who can actually hold onto the ball, keep it on the ground and quickly move it, when needed. So far he has held back a bit offensively and I also dont like that, but I think there is more in him than we see now. I will judge him by the end of the season. I have more hope for him than I currently have for Bentancur and Rabiot. Thats not saying much tho. Right now I would play Arthur and McKennie if I should pick two of our midfielders.

Another thing, am I the only one who think that our overall passing game and abilities completely suck? Seems like every pass is super awkward to us. And we often play slow and jumpy passes, which is putting the other player under pressure. I see this in every game, that we often unforced, creates sloppy passes. This doesnt make sense to me. Maybe Im just not noticing when the opposition is doing this, but I feel we are really bad at it and that it is a reason why we struggle playing out from defense and that half of our attempts become a lame cross or half-assed through ball, that they already know only has 20% chance of success, but we force ourselves into these stupid decisions.
Maybe Im seeing ghosts here but I feel its a theme with us over a couple of seasons with this group of players. (bonbon, chiello, sandro, bentan, rabiot, dybala). This shit I dont see Arthur do and I also think that this is something they learn at Barca and many other clubs, in kindergarten.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He lacks bravery in making a forward pass. He tried two in the first half in quick succession and they got intercepted, and he didn't try one again until later in the second half which went to Kulu and led to the chance Ronaldo should have scored.

Needs to stop being scared of losing possession to make a difficult pass, he's not playing tiki-taka for Barfa now. If the final pass does not work then our press has to win it back again.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Singus, I hope you're right. Yes I agree a player with more offensive upside than both Bent n Rab. Need to start seeing it soon. Pirlo agrees. He would like to keep his job.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Yeah Danilo has grown some massive balls this season. I really hope he can keep it up and also play this convincingly against top teams in CL.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
im giving him 2 seasons. after Danilo's improvement this year, i learnt not to judge too quickly

disclaimer: i was one of the 'sell' danilo ppl.. and now i have to eat my own words and praised him every match
I hope to eat my words before summer but right now i can't see him being useful for this Juve.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
What pisses me off the most is he always defers to Bonucci or someone else. I see guys making runs all the time and he just straight up ignores them. Pjanic was the same way, especially later in his Juve career. Fuckin grow some balls and pull the trigger. 0 key passes tonight. Berna had six.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)