Arthur (13 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
Don't know how there are criticisms of him for last night's match.

He was the only midfielder who kept calm with the ball in front of our box and passed it cleanly. It was obvious at the end of the first half, when we were pinned back and everyone kept giving the ball away dangerously, that Arthur was the only reliable one to break the press. At that point Arthur had 90% pass accuracy and more passes than McKennie and Ramsey combined.

It's short passes but that's what you need to break from Barca's press when you are pinned back, unless you just play Simeone style and kick it far hoping for the best. Anytime our players found Arthur after winning the ball back I felt a little calmer.

He was also our player with the most tackles and committed no fouls (which in his area would be really dangerous). It's not like he is defensively poor.

Had we had any of our other mids in that role yesterday things could have gone a lot worse.
What the hell do some people expect? We were playing in centimeters of space at times, and he still managed to distribute the ball to our players and not lose it in dangerous positions. He played a vital role yesterday.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I like him. He does Pjanics job better imo because Pjanic so regularly fucked up the simple stuff and in dangerous areas too.
Even if Arthur is not physical or a good tackler by any means, he still wins the ball better than Pjanic ever did, he just does the simple things right which sometimes is all you need. The way he plays out of tight spaces is brilliant and one of the reasons why I wanted Arthur in the first place, so many times we used to get caught in possession, especially with pjanic on the ball but I just feel safe with Arthur it's like I don't have that sudden panic things will go wrong from here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)