Arthur (10 Viewers)

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Good player but he's not supported in the way he should be. Which could be said about the other 22 players in our squad either, but hey.
What this guy needs is a physical partner who can also lift the burden of the playmaking off him. Now he's always surrounded by another slow midfielder afraid to pass forward...

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Haven't see enough from him but team I think needs his type of creative player, but one who is successful at it. I hear plenty of posters here post about players coming from other leagues needing time to adjust. :xfingers:

rainhard

May 5, 2004
He's a luxury player.

He can't defend or attack but is good at holding onto the ball when under pressure. That's something nice to have when you have a functioning team that can do both defending and attacking. When you can't do either, you need guys in the most important area of the pitch to be able to do at least one of them.
Literally, the player that Sarri need for his holding mid, so 2 other midfielders can freely attack, he only needs to keep the ball, holding it, attract opponents, then simple pass to another mid or winger and we initiating attack

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
He was good last game. He has qualities that are valuable. He’s just not a regista and doesn’t fit as a pivot in a two man mid. We need Locatelli.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
He needs to step up his game that’s for sure, feel it’s maybe still too early to pass a clear judgement on him as the sample size and surrounding circumstances haven’t done him any favors either, one thing for sure is that he does offer something which none of our other CM’s do but there’s also no denying that there are certain limitations to his game that need to be worked on and improved if he is ever to play a key part and hold on to a starting spot here.

- - - Updated - - -

All in all, maybe it’s also part of the adaptation period he is going through, who knows, i guess time will tell eventually but we better hope he starts making an impact sooner rather than later.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
His sideway pass only game is really starting to become annoying.

Fine, he's excellent when under pressure from several players to come out with a sideways pass, and thats a pretty good ability when the opponent is surging forward and pressing high.

But the absolute lack of any vertical pass or even attempt is seriously problematic

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
His sideway pass only game is really starting to become annoying.

Fine, he's excellent when under pressure from several players to come out with a sideways pass, and thats a pretty good ability when the opponent is surging forward and pressing high.

But the absolute lack of any vertical pass or even attempt is seriously problematic
If I'm not wrong he tried one to Morata , but gk got it .

Anyway we were winning 3-0 so it's understandable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
It's funny that a player is too disciplined usually it's the other way around.

I can assume when he was younger he had a coach that absolutely drilled it into him to keep it simple and play it safe

I don't think anyone starts off wanted to be play so safe.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
what a strange strange player. Rarely seen such a capable and impressive dribbler, rarely seen such a bad passer. Every pass forward is the wrong idea and the wrong execution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)