Arthur (15 Viewers)

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
So, I have some thoughts about Arthur.

He was a player of the major rival of my team here in Brazil, Gremio.

He almost was sought younger without properly play in the senior team, but a injury of a player made him become a player of senior team. He start not was so good, but not take so much time to all see he's abilities with the ball.

He was the best player in the team that won the continental cup (our champions) and looks like a future world class. With that ball control and passes, how could him not become one of the best of the world? When Gremio sell him to Barcelona, no one was surprised. Ignoring Alisson (that was from my team here in Brazil), he was probably the best player that my state produced and certainly just need learn in europe to shoot more and be a little more offensive.

But, before world club competion, he had a injury. He already would go to Barcelona in the end, but since that injury I swear that I never see him playing so well again. I never will be sure what is the reason.

Maybe Barcelona was a bad moving. He always liked short pass, but I swear that he tried long pass and have some good before went there.

Maybe was the injury. He never look like so fitness again. Before he really looks like someone in every place in the field. He not stay back as he does nowdays.

Maybe is the european level. He just was not good enough for football beyond brazilian domestic level.

Maybe he won too much too soon.

But I have to say, in the last 10 years, I never had so wrong about a player in life. I really bet in 2017 that he would be the best brazilian player in the world (ignoring Alisson that is a goalkeeper) and would be our best name for 2022 world cup. He just need learn be a little more direct and make some shoots. It is really surprising that he become worst. I still hope that the problem was bad coaches, but looks like more and more that maybe he is a flop. Maybe if he play as he played in Gremio, with two in the midfield in line and one in front more creative he work better.
Interesting.

One thing I liked with Arthur was his ability to keep the ball under pressure. But it was ridiculous how scared he was to pass the ball more than 5m.

What are your thoughts on the other brazilians Danilo and Alex Sandro? I feel Sandro is finished and should leave. Didn't look sharp in the Copa either the minutes he got as far as I recall.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 28, 2021
Interesting.

One thing I liked with Arthur was his ability to keep the ball under pressure. But it was ridiculous how scared he was to pass the ball more than 5m.

What are your thoughts on the other brazilians Danilo and Alex Sandro? I feel Sandro is finished and should leave. Didn't look sharp in the Copa either the minutes he got as far as I recall.
Danilo is a fun case. He was from Neymar generation and here in Brazil most of the people that I talked about football think he would be a huge flop. You know, Neymar hyped a lot of players, and him sound really mediocre. The kind of player that we sell and laught of the buyer. But Portugal makes good to him. What should be a player that never leaves Brazil become a mediocrer player that understand the opportunity that is in front of him and become better. I was angry when heard that Juventus sign with him, sounds a really bad decision, but he become better at least to be a group player and sometimes start of a great club.

Alex Sandro is a strange case. He is from the same generation, but I really never notice him before went to Juventus. I give a look and yes I watch a lot of games that he enter or played. It strange because he made some beautiful goals. Probably because he never was a starter I think. He is one of the players that are selled and nobody notice except the supporters from his team. I like him. I felt in Copa America that Lodi as starter instead of him was a mistake, he probably would not make the mistakes that Lodi did in the final, but yes, it is not his best moment. I would prefer wait a little and see if a decent coach can help him again. I feel that he have more potential and really can play level "titular from a Champions League Winner" than Danilo for instance.

It is fun too that both are probably the best left and right wingers from Brazil right now. As Marcelo and Daniel Alves are too old, they are what we had of best right now. Of course, Tite prefer Lodi than Alex Sandro, but after Di Maria making us lose the first Copa America at home in our story thanks to him, I feel that we will see Alex Sandro as titular here. Except if this year he play too bad for Juventus, but I feel that this can be a excellent motivation for both: there is a World Cup coming, and probably the last chance of both. It is good have players with this kind of motivation.

Not that we really care about Copa America too much, honestly no one remembers here a coach that won one Copa America...we really care only about World Cup. But mistakes there are always used to World Cup preparation.

Maybe my anwser is not clear, but it is basically: yes, if Juventus have money I would prefer better players, but I feel that we can focus in other positions that we need more. They are not the better player in story, but I could see a winner team (of Champions) with them. I really don't see a winner team with bentancur, rabiot and arthur (at least as they are with Pirlo) as starter.

ggnoree

Jul 24, 2009
This guy will be perfect for Allegri when he wants to defend a 1:0 lead. Just put him on the field and tell the players to pass the ball to him. He can shield it from like 5 players under pressure and run circles around them

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
This guy will be perfect for Allegri when he wants to defend a 1:0 lead. Just put him on the field and tell the players to pass the ball to him. He can shield it from like 5 players under pressure and run circles around them
And twist his ankle at some point.

What do you think about Mattheus Henrique? Has he played with Arthur in his Gremio days?

I think Gremio has a CAM named Luan, how good is he?
Dno what you on about. Why looking from Gremio, because Arthur played there?

What i think about Luan that he's a piece of shit.

Jul 28, 2021
What do you think about Mattheus Henrique? Has he played with Arthur in his Gremio days?

I think Gremio has a CAM named Luan, how good is he?
First, Luan had two great years, but injuries killed him (and there is people that said he was mentally weak too) and he is in Corinthians right now. And he is a flop there. Of course, a flop that gave a continental cup to Gremio. He is not good right now even for brazilian league. But he did a great partnership with Arthur and had two really great years (2016 and 2017).

Mattheus Henrique not played with Arthur. He is new one. Arthur was from 16/17 generation, Mattheus Henrique start gain chances, as he is younger, in 2019. It is complicate value him for some reasons. Gremio had a really victorious team when Arthur arise, but this generation was in end circle when Mattheus Henrique came. Even so, he start well, looks like really good, but as the team is a shit, he start not play very well. He almost ever had to play with older midfields and do a defensive work because them age that I feel that it is not how he should play. Went to brazil team didn't make well to his head too, he go back more lazy and arrogant.

But he is young, clear have some potential and Sassuolo sounds the right place to him become better.

He is not the first choice that I would have in a bet for a brazilian and I feel that the right price for him would be something as 8~10 mi euros, but he is not bad and clearly can be very good. Just need a team with great younger management.

If I would buy someone from my major rival right now, I would probably give a good look in Vanderson (left wing). He looks really good. Sounds someone that can become really better.

Jul 28, 2021
Really, a mentally weak brazilian?
It is a little unfair. Yes, we have a lot of players like this, but we have too usually more young players that have potential to be something too. So, it is look normal that will be more flop. Become worst now because we are in a "between generations". Not yet arise some generation in Ronaldos...Rivaldo...etc... level, so flops sounds worst.

But if you look last years, even with flops, we have at least one great world class for position. And this is without count with the ones that european teams steal, as Jorginho and Diego Costa (but here there is our arrogance in not try keep them too, because we have the vision that it is a pride play for Brazil).

And there is adaptation and money problem too. If Italy didn't have money enough to keep more italians, I have sure that more would out from Italy and become flop.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
It is a little unfair. Yes, we have a lot of players like this, but we have too usually more young players that have potential to be something too. So, it is look normal that will be more flop. Become worst now because we are in a "between generations". Not yet arise some generation in Ronaldos...Rivaldo...etc... level, so flops sounds worst.

But if you look last years, even with flops, we have at least one great world class for position. And this is without count with the ones that european teams steal, as Jorginho and Diego Costa (but here there is our arrogance in not try keep them too, because we have the vision that it is a pride play for Brazil).

And there is adaptation and money problem too. If Italy didn't have money enough to keep more italians, I have sure that more would out from Italy and become flop.
It's just the general mentality. It's whatever sport really, always little arrogant and never willing to work hard. I'd expect it being totally opposite, considering where they're coming from. If i was coming from poor conditions, i'd pay the tribute for where im coming for, by working hard and appreciating what i got.

Jul 28, 2021
It's just the general mentality. It's whatever sport really, always little arrogant and never willing to work hard. I'd expect it being totally opposite, considering where they're coming from. If i was coming from poor conditions, i'd pay the tribute for where im coming for, by working hard and appreciating what i got.
I don't see too much other sports, but talking about football, I think is easy focus in the flops and don't look the ones that work hard.

Casemiro, Thiago Silva (38 years and winning a champions), Dani Alves (in a really hard position to play in older age), Marquinhos, Alisson, Firmino, Marcelo etc... are players that worked hard and become really good for long time. And this is one of our worst moments in story, we can make a list any of these years with at least ten players that could be part of any team in the world.

I don't saying brazilians are perfect. But I feel that is unfair say that we don't work hard when you have that amount of world class players. When a Italian player flop, he just was not good enough. If Bernadesch was brazilian, you would say that he is lazy. But as he is not, he is just not good enough but "tatical usefull"(to give a example).

Just Juventus need a better scout in Brazil or about brazilians. Romulo, Felipe Mello, Diego, etc... are clearly flops.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
First, Luan had two great years, but injuries killed him (and there is people that said he was mentally weak too) and he is in Corinthians right now. And he is a flop there. Of course, a flop that gave a continental cup to Gremio. He is not good right now even for brazilian league. But he did a great partnership with Arthur and had two really great years (2016 and 2017).

Mattheus Henrique not played with Arthur. He is new one. Arthur was from 16/17 generation, Mattheus Henrique start gain chances, as he is younger, in 2019. It is complicate value him for some reasons. Gremio had a really victorious team when Arthur arise, but this generation was in end circle when Mattheus Henrique came. Even so, he start well, looks like really good, but as the team is a shit, he start not play very well. He almost ever had to play with older midfields and do a defensive work because them age that I feel that it is not how he should play. Went to brazil team didn't make well to his head too, he go back more lazy and arrogant.

But he is young, clear have some potential and Sassuolo sounds the right place to him become better.

He is not the first choice that I would have in a bet for a brazilian and I feel that the right price for him would be something as 8~10 mi euros, but he is not bad and clearly can be very good. Just need a team with great younger management.

If I would buy someone from my major rival right now, I would probably give a good look in Vanderson (left wing). He looks really good. Sounds someone that can become really better.
Do we also interested in Vanderson before? When we loan Douglas Costa there is some talk that we interested in Vanderson but need another to take him first so it won't spend our Non-EU quota

Jul 28, 2021
Do we also interested in Vanderson before? When we loan Douglas Costa there is some talk that we interested in Vanderson but need another to take him first so it won't spend our Non-EU quota
Yes. I lost this news, but seaching here I found that last month Juventus talked with Gremio about him.

Sadly, Juventus give up. I really liked the matches of him that I watched.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)