Arthur (55 Viewers)

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
This guy has to be the worst signing of the era with the book value out on him. He sucks and he’s unsellable. :sergio:

Hopefully we can get Allegri or Zidane to come work their magic on him and make him at least somewhat useful.
Of course he is sellable but we have to be prepared to make a loss on the books. Fake profit leads to fake loss, normal.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Arthur was a good swap deal for Pjanic. Pjanic was dead, and in Barca they mocked him all season long. There is no way that Pjanic becomes useful again, next stop is MLS or worse. With Arthur, he had a mediocre season like the rest of our team, and he was injured a lot. He might not become useful, but atleast there is some potential and a chance that it could happen.

Regarding the financials, then we received a huge amount on the books from selling Pjanic, which was obviously artificially inflated to give us that plusvalenza. Then it doesnt make sense to only look at Arhurs book value separately and say that he is unsellable and we will make a loss. Yes, that is obvious, and that was because Pjanic was dead for us and it was the best we could trade him for. And still, there is a slight chance that Arthur can become useful. He has a football brain and he can actually turn and control the ball in tight spaces. With the right players and environment around him, he might turn out good still. I give it 30% chance. That is 30 times higher potential than Berna.

Get rid of Berna, Ramsey, Benta and Rabiot and get some real players. That is first priority.

Jun 7, 2003
Arthur was a good swap deal for Pjanic. Pjanic was dead, and in Barca they mocked him all season long. There is no way that Pjanic becomes useful again, next stop is MLS or worse. With Arthur, he had a mediocre season like the rest of our team, and he was injured a lot. He might not become useful, but atleast there is some potential and a chance that it could happen.

Regarding the financials, then we received a huge amount on the books from selling Pjanic, which was obviously artificially inflated to give us that plusvalenza. Then it doesnt make sense to only look at Arhurs book value separately and say that he is unsellable and we will make a loss. Yes, that is obvious, and that was because Pjanic was dead for us and it was the best we could trade him for. And still, there is a slight chance that Arthur can become useful. He has a football brain and he can actually turn and control the ball in tight spaces. With the right players and environment around him, he might turn out good still. I give it 30% chance. That is 30 times higher potential than Berna.

Get rid of Berna, Ramsey, Benta and Rabiot and get some real players. That is first priority.
Barca is dead not Pjanic

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013

I don’t think it was a good deal but that’s done. However I’ve said it before that I feel he’s a player that needs a lot of mentoring and guidance. he looks lost and completely oblivious of his role.

If there’s anyone who can help him out in that regard it’s Max. So we’ll see.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

I can't prove it, but I think we would have gotten more points in Serie A and might have went to the QF's of the CL if we had Pjanic. There's no way in hell he'd do any worse than Benta and Arthur this past year. The amount of matches Benta played while being so ridiculously poor was shocking.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Pjanic made 30 appearances this season and managed to somehow not get one assist or goal. I get that Arthur and Bentancur had poor seasons but Pjanic is washed UP.
Most of their goals are Messi and co literally walking the ball into the net. Pjanic being at least 30 yards away from the goal line makes it hard for him to have super cool stats. We might as well traded him for JonJo Shelvey.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Most of their goals are Messi and co literally walking the ball into the net. Pjanic being at least 30 yards away from the goal line makes it hard for him to have super cool stats. We might as well traded him for JonJo Shelvey.
shots per game:
Arthur: 0.1
Bentancur: 0.5
Pjanic: 0.8

Their respective heat maps also show Pjanic spending more time closer to goal than either Arthur or Bentancur, but especially Arthur.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
shots per game:
Arthur: 0.1
Bentancur: 0.5
Pjanic: 0.8

Their respective heat maps also show Pjanic spending more time closer to goal than either Arthur or Bentancur, but especially Arthur.
How many times did Pjanic play with Busquets and how many times without? He was a sub for Busquets, the fact he played more advanced is because both him and barcas playing style.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
We got 2.42 points per game when Arthur played, and 1.75 points per game when Arthur didnt play.
There was 20 games when he didnt play.

I dont know how those numbers look for the other players, but it tells a somewhat different story from what is being promoted in this thread. Not saying he was great. But I would definitely give him a season more before judging. Same goes for Kulu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)