Arthur (60 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
It's nice seeing people appreciate Arthur now. Was kind of annoying seeing people keep going on about 'forward passes!!!!!!!!!!!!!' as if he's Pirlo. He's so calm and secure with the ball. Clearly a starter.
you know why i used to miss the forward passes? because the opportunities were there, and with some minimal vision and football iq, he should have just take the risk.

i still miss those passes, but now at least he doesn't lose the ball right in front of our defense, and he's becoming more and more aware of his team mates' position. we need him for the possession game and mckennie for the mileage, these two are my unquestionable midfield starters for important matches. the 3rd one should normally be bentancur, but he's way too inconsistent this season. locatelli would walk into this team from day zero.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
It's nice seeing people appreciate Arthur now. Was kind of annoying seeing people keep going on about 'forward passes!!!!!!!!!!!!!' as if he's Pirlo. He's so calm and secure with the ball. Clearly a starter.
He's grown on me and certainly played much better in recent games but it is not as though he was putting in these performances at the start of the season.

I think it was/is a fair criticism that he needs to play more forward passes, Pirlo said the same thing. Nobody is expecting him to be Pirlo but he needed to show more than just being able to run in circles keeping the ball which is what he was doing in the early games. He's definitely improved with this and now looks to be trying to carry the ball forward more which is good to see. Hopefully he keeps improving, there is still room to grow with spotting and executing forward passes.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
First thing a midfield should do when he gets the ball is look up and see can he make a forward pass, so yes he should make more forward passes and not just play it safe all the time because he is well capable of making great passes. He needs to play tho as he does stuff are other midfields cant do.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
you know why i used to miss the forward passes? because the opportunities were there, and with some minimal vision and football iq, he should have just take the risk.

i still miss those passes, but now at least he doesn't lose the ball right in front of our defense, and he's becoming more and more aware of his team mates' position. we need him for the possession game and mckennie for the mileage, these two are my unquestionable midfield starters for important matches. the 3rd one should normally be bentancur, but he's way too inconsistent this season. locatelli would walk into this team from day zero.
You're never going to get those passes because that's not the way we play. We have nobody occupying the space between opponents midfield and defense.

And Arthur never had problems with losing the ball in front of our defense since he joined.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
You're never going to get those passes because that's not the way we play. We have nobody occupying the space between opponents midfield and defense.

And Arthur never had problems with losing the ball in front of our defense since he joined.
we actually have players attacking empty spaces regularly. it's either ronaldo or morata usually, but kulu and cuadrado do that too. then watch them getting frustrated because they NEVER get the through ball or the cross over the opposition defense. a guy like pirlo would have 20 assists in this team, and our pace at the front so calls for these kind of passes.

of course he had, just look at the goal we conceded against benevento as a prime example.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
we actually have players attacking empty spaces regularly. it's either ronaldo or morata usually, but kulu and cuadrado do that too. then watch them getting frustrated because they NEVER get the through ball or the cross over the opposition defense. a guy like pirlo would have 20 assists in this team, and our pace at the front so calls for these kind of passes.

of course he had, just look at the goal we conceded against benevento as a prime example.
:agree:

We definitely have players picking up space this season. Under Sarri we didn't but very often this season you see guys like Ronaldo, Morata, McKennie, Chiesa and Ramsey open and calling for the ball. In fairness to Arthur it isn't only him that isn't playing the ball but the options are there this season.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I will accept lack of forward passes if he defends like he did today. His ball retention is completely unquestionable.
It's just people being defensive about what they said previously.

It was always gonna take him half a season with match fitness issues. This was minimum. He has the capacity to improve further and hope he does.

On the other hand, Barca fanbase had already figured Pjanic out within few months as expected.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Good game, he gets out of difficult situations well, between keeping the ball, changing direction and finding an opening to break Roma's press,

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
He's certainly doing much better compared to his early season form. I like him better when he plays further forward and have Bentancur play deep.

I think he can be a bit of a liability defensively in that regista position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)