Arthur (17 Viewers)

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
I love how he absorbes and escapes the opponent's press, but I hate the fact he can't kick the ball precisely to a teammate more then 10 metres away. He genuinely doesn't seem to have the power in his legs.

Still, I think he should be an undisputed starter in the current squad. We play better with him on the field.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Just as shit as any other midfielder besides McKennie and maybe Rabiot.

You could swap him tomorrow for any other average midfielder and you'd never notice the difference.

Jan 22, 2016
I fucking love him when players try to press him but they end up empty handed always.

He helped coping with pressure, without Cuadrado on the pitch he was the only player capable of dealing with roma's prsseure.

So crucial to our team. Hope he doesn't get injured, we badly need his precense.
Just as shit as any other midfielder besides McKennie and maybe Rabiot.

You could swap him tomorrow for any other average midfielder and you'd never notice the difference.
Stop writing nonsense.
Arthur has been our best mid in recent matches.

Without him on the pitch Inter fucked us hard. I don't remember a game we lost with Arthur on the pitch.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
He's certainly doing much better compared to his early season form. I like him better when he plays further forward and have Bentancur play deep.

I think he can be a bit of a liability defensively in that regista position.
Getting better, he used to be non-existent in the defensive phase earlier in the season, today he even took a yellow when he's struggling to cover which was a good decision imo. Still a problem in the defensive phase as he can't cover a lot of space and Juve play without the ball quite often.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I fucking love him when players try to press him but they end up empty handed always.

He helped coping with pressure, without Cuadrado on the pitch he was the only player capable of dealing with roma's prsseure.

So crucial to our team. Hope he doesn't get injured, we badly need his precense.

Stop writing nonsense.
Arthur has been our best mid in recent matches.

Without him on the pitch Inter fucked us hard. I don't remember a game we lost with Arthur on the pitch.
I am not, just not going to lower standards and prop up basics of football.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
I love how he absorbes and escapes the opponent's press, but I hate the fact he can't kick the ball precisely to a teammate more then 10 metres away. He genuinely doesn't seem to have the power in his legs.

Still, I think he should be an undisputed starter in the current squad. We play better with him on the field.
He actually had the second most long passes in this game. 5 against Rabiot's 1.
He is always getting the ball out of a tight situations and most often advancing our play when doing so.

Jun 6, 2015
average? easily our best midfielder today.

He's like houdini, always gets out of tight spaces when under pressure.
He's too lightweight defensively and doesn't move the ball fast enough to play in that deeper role effectively. Didn't offer much today apart from doing a couple of circles with the ball at his feet. He has been much better when paired with Bentancur as he doesn't need to concentrate on things that he simply can't do.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
He's too lightweight defensively and doesn't move the ball fast enough to play in that deeper role effectively. Didn't offer much today apart from doing a couple of circles with the ball at his feet. He has been much better when paired with Bentancur as he doesn't need to concentrate on things that he simply can't do.
Pirlo was lightweight defensively, infact he was far worse than Arthur, didn't stop him being part of one of the best midfield units this club has ever seen. If anything Arthur played a number of progressive passes today, he still maintains fluency and he draws players thus creating space for the rest of the players.

Jun 6, 2015
Pirlo was lightweight defensively, infact he was far worse than Arthur, didn't stop him being part of one of the best midfield units this club has ever seen. If anything Arthur played a number of progressive passes today, he still maintains fluency and he draws players thus creating space for the rest of the players.
Have you seen Pirlo play? Have you seen Arthur play? There's one very distinct difference between the players which is the reason why Pirlo was brilliant in that role and Arthur is not. If Arthur somehow massively improves his passing and/or his defensive output he might fit that role but currently he's way too limited to play it effectively.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Our best mid today and the ref made him look bad by not awarding him two deserved fouls imo, but please don’t put him with Pirlo in the same sentence.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Have you seen Pirlo play? Have you seen Arthur play? There's one very distinct difference between the players which is the reason why Pirlo was brilliant in that role and Arthur is not. If Arthur somehow massively improves his passing and/or his defensive output he might fit that role but currently he's way too limited to play it effectively.
Are you seriously suggesting Pirlo was better defensively than Arthur? if anything both players disguise the ball brilliantly whilst in possession, Arthur's passing these past few games have been way more progressive than when he first played.

I still maintain that he's 10x better than the crap pjanic produced in his final 2 seasons with us.

- - - Updated - - -

Our best mid today and the ref made him look bad by not awarding him two deserved fouls imo, but please don’t put him with Pirlo in the same sentence.
I find it laughable that some just seem to hate Arthur for almost anything and when he does play well he's blamed for lacking defensively as if its imperative to his game

Jun 6, 2015
Are you seriously suggesting Pirlo was better defensively than Arthur? if anything both players disguise the ball brilliantly whilst in possession, Arthur's passing these past few games have been way more progressive than when he first played.

I still maintain that he's 10x better than the crap pjanic produced in his final 2 seasons with us.
No I'm not. I'm suggesting that Pirlo was much better at controlling the game with his passing. Arthur is nowhere near Pjanic in that regista role. Arthur is clearly better suited to play with a controlling midfielder rather than trying to play that role himself.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I thought he had a decent game and relieved pressure well. Gets run over at times and his vision/passing isn't great but has improved since his first games. Seemed like Orsato had something against him.

But to comparisons to Pirlo? :lol: My word

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
No I'm not. I'm suggesting that Pirlo was much better at controlling the game with his passing. Arthur is nowhere near Pjanic in that regista role. Arthur is clearly better suited to play with a controlling midfielder rather than trying to play that role himself.
Arthur is and never was a pure regista, this is why Bentancur is important to the system as he's better suited to that role. It's no secret that Arthur would prefer to play further forward.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I thought he had a very good game. He was fundamental in breaking Roma's press early on as he would always find good solution. He cannot be compared to Pirlo, entirely different type of players and Pirlo was once a generational player. Arthur is poor mans Xavi maybe but I trust him more in deeper role than Bentacur as he doesnt make brainfarts.

singus

Sep 22, 2020

- - - Updated - - -

I find it laughable that some just seem to hate Arthur for almost anything and when he does play well he's blamed for lacking defensively as if its imperative to his game
Arthur is replacing Pjanic whom many loved. It will not be easy to win everyone over. And honestly so far he still has a lot to prove. But I believe he can be great for us for years to come, he just need more players around him who can also play football and support him defensively and offensively with movement.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I thought he had a very good game. He was fundamental in breaking Roma's press early on as he would always find good solution. He cannot be compared to Pirlo, entirely different type of players and Pirlo was once a generational player. Arthur is poor mans Xavi maybe but I trust him more in deeper role than Bentacur as he doesnt make brainfarts.
The comparison is based on their lack of defensive qualities, I find it funny how people seem to pick on Arthur's lack of defensive capability, hell if it makes you or anyone feel better he's still better than pjanic was defensively.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
He needs Bentancur/Locatelli as DM next to him, he's good between the lines. If he plays too deep, he's not that useful because his long passing is not good and he too often hesitates to pass forward in general.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)