Arthur - CM - Barcelona (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Barca players rumored to be unhappy that Arthur is leaving. What that must feel like for Pjanic when no one at the new club is happy that you're coming LOLOL

- - - Updated - - -

starting to hype myself up for Arthur. hard to find someone worse than what we have so its gotta be some kind of improvement :grin:

Buy on AliExpress.com

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
How is this deal better for us financially? We are paying Barca a couple of millions for almost same salary?

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk
I believe Pjanic is paid more.
https://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2020/05/17/5ec11322ca47419e088b45c4.html

He's also older and consistently under performs. Even if Arthur doesn't work out here, in two years he would still be worth more than Pjanic two years from now if he would continue as he is now.

Also Rabiot on €7M, Christ.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Pjanic to Barca, Arthur to Juve: the deal is now at the finish. No hitches, even the latest bureaucratic & legal steps have been resolved, along with final details. So much so that the medical visits for both players, scheduled for tomorrow, have been confirmed. [Di Marzio]

Medical visits for Arthur and Pjanic tomorrow! [Romeo Agresti]

Barcelona players expressed their resentment at Arthur leaving. The Brazilian was considered a point of reference for the future of the team by the Blaugrana senators. [Cadena Ser]

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
How is this deal better for us financially? We are paying Barca a couple of millions for almost same salary?

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk
It’s helps us massively this season. We will get 60 million for Pjanic (plusvalenza of more than 50 million). the annual amortization for Arthur will be about 16 million, so essentially we’ll have about 45 million in cash this summer to balance our books. In the long term, in the worst case we have a younger player with a much higher resale value than Pjanic, and in the best case a player who fits our team very well and improves us on the pitch. I’m usually pretty critical of the FC plusvalenza mentality, because often it comes at the cost of the team, but not in this case. It’s a great deal for us.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Arthur-Pjanic exchange Romeo Agresti: Deal done

Fabrizio Romano: Deal done

Gianluca Di Marzio: Deal done

Corriere Torino: Deal done

Gazzetta dello Sport: Deal done

ESPN: Deal done

Official announcement expected soon

[Twitter people]

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #490
    Arthur-Pjanic exchange Romeo Agresti: Deal done

Fabrizio Romano: Deal done

Gianluca Di Marzio: Deal done

Corriere Torino: Deal done

Gazzetta dello Sport: Deal done

ESPN: Deal done

Official announcement expected soon

[Twitter people]
    :rolleyes:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    It’s helps us massively this season. We will get 60 million for Pjanic (plusvalenza of more than 50 million). the annual amortization for Arthur will be about 16 million, so essentially we’ll have about 45 million in cash this summer to balance our books. In the long term, in the worst case we have a younger player with a much higher resale value than Pjanic, and in the best case a player who fits our team very well and improves us on the pitch. I’m usually pretty critical of the FC plusvalenza mentality, because often it comes at the cost of the team, but not in this case. It’s a great deal for us.
    It's all just creative accounting to boost our compliance of FFP.

There is no actual cash benefit other than a saving on wages (sounds like around 2m euros p.a.) but we are physically paying 10m. Really in cash terms if he gets a 5 year contract th annual saving will balance out the 10m payment (5 years x 2m), depending on over how many year the 10m payment is paid.

I'm not convinced this move means we will spend more this summer on someone else. It allows more flexibility to do it as FFP is not as big a worry but who knows how our budget has been hit by coronavirus. It may be that we decide to try to break even this summer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)