Arthur - CM - Barcelona (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
It's a fantastic deal on paper and a smart move for all considering the finances, but on the pitch we've gotten the shorter stick for now. However, Arthur still has a lot to prove + a lot of resale value and could turn out to be just the player we need for Sarris system. Time will tell, but it's good to finally get moves in midfield that aren't injury-prone bosmans.

Jul 13, 2010
Well most of Barca fans are very annoyed. That's good. They are saying that a young player is exchanged with someone who is about to start declining of not yet. Aside from plusvalenza, we are also having a younger and probably cheaper signing

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
For me this is a sidestep at best, if we don't sign at leas one more good MF, than we downgraded our already weakest part of the team.
He brings the ball forward. Good enough for me. We will probably find a way to ruin that too and he will be passing back before we know it. :baus:

- - - Updated - - -

Arthur and family traveling to Turing tonight. Deal basically done. [ESPN]

Apr 10, 2014
For me this is a sidestep at best, if we don't sign at leas one more good MF, than we downgraded our already weakest part of the team.
I bet he fits better in our tactics and might become a great player here real fast since he has already proven himself on barca midfield where it's not easy for players to adapt or play at all..And yeah the guy is 23..

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He brings the ball forward. Good enough for me. We will probably find a way to ruin that too and he will be passing back before we know it. :baus:

You joke about it, but majority of the time I seen him, he is not exactly someone who plays that direct in impact, he just floats around and keeps possession. Seemed like someone who is style over substance to me. So maybe check your expectations a little.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You joke about it, but majority of the time I seen him, he is not exactly someone who plays that direct in impact, he just floats around and keeps possession. Seemed like someone who is style over substance to me. So maybe check your expectations a little.
So what you're saying is he really isn't all that productive for the team? A more busy version of Pjanic?

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
"During a match against Valencia he attempted 142 passes, 135 of them successful; this was the highest number of successful passes in a single La Liga away game that any player had produced since Xavi in November 2012 against Levante."

Close to the 150 Sarri wants

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'm hearing all kinds of things. Pjanic was a top 5 midfielder in Serie A? This year? Arthur is a midfield version of Costa but keeps possession, the opposite of Costa basically?

Make up your kids people. Costa is direct but Arthur isn't someone that plays direct?

wut

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Miralem Pjanic to Barcelona and Arthur to Juventus, the swap of the two midfielders is about to be completed. The remaining financial and legal details have been addressed, the medicals for both players have been confirmed for tomorrow. Everything is pointing towards the deal being announced by Tuesday June 30th. (Di Marzio)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
How is this deal better for us financially? We are paying Barca a couple of millions for almost same salary?

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk
It's better in the long run but that's only if Arthur manages to succeed here.

We have basically exchanged an established underperformer for an uncertainty who is young and has potential. Only time will tell if this was a win-win for us.

We exchanged the younger Caldara with potential for an older underperforming Bonucci and look how that turned out for both clubs.

As of now, it's too early to tell who benefited more from this deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)