Arthur - CM - Barcelona (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
As much as the 7 year age difference goes in Arthur's favor I see that much big of a problem in the fact that a young man who should be entering his prime is already behaving and playing like a tired older man in the last 1/3 of his career.
You do know that he's been playing out of position in midfield ever since De Jong arrived? and yet he's still performed better than De Jong, but I bet nobody would have any objections if he arrived.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Because I believe that we are better than them!!
Pogba has only 1 yr left on his contract. Utd wouldn’t want to risk him leaving on a Bosman.

Yeah, but our midfield isn't. So again, why would United do this? Especially when they had the opportunity to sign both of them lat year for free if they wanted to.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
his current salary: 2.7 net (4.8 gross)
our rumored offer: 5.5 net
pavluska doing maths: juve offers the triple of his current wages
Like I said, acc to rumors:
Reports: Arthur to accept Juve offer

Reports are emanating that Barcelona midfielder Arthur will finally accept an offer to join Juventus, earning ‘three times’ what he currently earns.

The €75m deal, worth an alleged €15m plus Miralem Pjanic, only needs Arthur’s seal of approval to go through.

Now, Calciomercato.com writes Juve’s latest proposal of €5.5m net a season plus bonuses has convinced his representatives.

It would represent a huge pay rise for the Brazilian, with the website claiming it is ‘three times more’ than what Barca are paying him a year.

Calciomercato.it and Mundo Deportivo both agree the exchange is reaching its final stages, with the latter reporting how Arthur has given up on staying at Camp Nou.
Thank you for your quick google

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Do you really think we can spend 30m now without any big sale or someone like Levy of Tottenham will let Ndombele go to loan without obligation redemption?
Let not forget that we still need to take someone like Mandragora or even Orsolini back from our friend club as promised from last year, and each of them will cost 22-25m.
Do I think that a club with 500m+ of revenue can spend 30m without selling anyone? Yes, yes I do.

Ffs the players took a paycut, we're not bankrupt. Maybe we can't spend 100m and huge wages but 50m should never be a problem no matter what.

Is he? I only worry about injuries, I'm not aware of the rest you referring to.
Yes. Countless Barca fans are complaining he's inconsistent, hides during games, won't take responsibility, can't run after 60 minutes etc. Sounds all too familiar.

You do know that he's been playing out of position in midfield ever since De Jong arrived? and yet he's still performed better than De Jong, but I bet nobody would have any objections if he arrived.
Umm...no. He has always played as left central midfielder in a midfield of 3. Pogba's position. Has 13 games all career as a central playmaker.

Before De Jong, after De Jong, for Brazil etc.

Last edited:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I see nothing but positives about this deal. The guy is much younger, isn’t a pushover and won’t lose the ball like a stupid ass and can actually pass the damn ball. If he can find consistency he’ll be better for us than Pjanic.
It's a no brainer, common sense. Only a couple of people are still confused, everyone else is caught up.

One possible negative with professionalism (we'll see if true), but in terms of age, ability, resale value, salary, being right profile tactically, and only decent way of getting rid of and replacing Pjanic in this market, obviously a positive trade for us. Hard to process that something this obvious needs explaining.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
This is a very good transfer. Finally a player who knows how to dribble, pass, and won't lose the ball in dangerous position, he will help us when teams press us.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I was always saying midfield is a priority, have been for some time. I'd never say now to Haaland though especially at the price he was going for.
Hindsight does not count though.

You don't miss a generational player especially at that price no matter the reason. But, I don't think we had a chance either way, Dortmund was the perfect choice from the start.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Arthur is now open to talk about his departure, but still without an economic agreement. He continues to prefer to stay at Barça and will only accept a transfer if the offer is amazing both financially and in terms of sports. [RAC1]

- - - Updated - - -

i suppose you're fully aware what you are talking about, especially the yearly costs of said players. i mean arthur would be much heavier on the books than pjanic is. the "cost saving" is only temporary and virtual as the capital gain from pjanic's supposed sale will generate no cash flow.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, good players usually cost actual money. let's hope arthur is not our "star" mid signing.
Even taking new tax regulations into account ?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Hindsight does not count though.

You don't miss a generational player especially at that price no matter the reason. But, I don't think we had a chance either way, Dortmund was the perfect choice from the start.
I'd have definitely NOT refused him. Dortmund is a good choice too, agree there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)