Arthur - CM - Barcelona (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juve_newbie

Jan 11, 2017
FFP is postponed for 12 month only. But the criteria for FFP is for 3 consecutive financial years. The loss of this season will be counted in FFP next year, so we still need to minimize our loss of this season to reasonable amount. This Arthur-Pjanic deal is doing exactly that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Reports: Arthur to accept Juve offer

Football Italia

Reports are emanating that Barcelona midfielder Arthur will finally accept an offer to join Juventus, earning ‘three times’ what he currently earns.
The €75m deal, worth an alleged €15m plus Miralem Pjanic, only needs Arthur’s seal of approval to go through.
Now, Calciomercato.com writes Juve’s latest proposal of €5.5m net a season plus bonuses has convinced his representatives.

It would represent a huge pay rise for the Brazilian, with the website claiming it is ‘three times more’ than what Barca are paying him a year.
Calciomercato.it and Mundo Deportivo both agree the exchange is reaching its final stages, with the latter reporting how Arthur has given up on staying at Camp Nou.
A decisive moment in his Blaugrana potentially came yesterday,when he was substituted in the 56 minute.https://www.football-italia.net/154936/arthur-affected-juve-talk

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
It's funny cause for a time barca fans thought that Juve was going to pay 70 mil. in a lump sum without Pjanic.
Read they're forums a little and they are not pleased. They are unhappy because they get another geezer in Midfield next to Vidal and busqets.
Of course. Why the f would anyone see this trade as - for Juve and + for Barca and not vice versa? You only read these mind numbing takes on Tuz.

Apr 29, 2006
Barca fans haven't seen much from Pjanic, cause he's been in stealth mode for a while now. This, highly sought after and very difficult to master, skill has been allowing players to be noticed only by their own fans. Sadly misunderstood by the non-professionals it has been accompanied with jeers and bottles, but can make all the difference in a crucial game. The entire opposition defensive line-up would be busy trying to locate the Pjanic behind enemy lines, which gives us plenty of time to pump those pin-point crosses we are famous for. Luckily Artur starts to get a deeper understanding of this skill and our directors are optimistic.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
FFP is postponed for 12 month only. But the criteria for FFP is for 3 consecutive financial years. The loss of this season will be counted in FFP next year, so we still need to minimize our loss of this season to reasonable amount. This Arthur-Pjanic deal is doing exactly that.
The new measures state that the current 2020 financial year will not be assessed at all under FFP procedures, and will instead be rolled up into 2021, and the two years assessed together as a single financial period.

Uefa sources confirmed that clubs would be allowed losses in excess of €30m as long as they show this was caused by falls in revenues because of the shutdown. Clubs will be able to cope with their own increased losses however they responsibly can, including by owners putting money in, either in loans or shares.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
It's not somehow, the 7 years age difference is massive for valuation of assets. Odds are Pjanic next move after Barca Barca contract is semi retiring one of little to no resale for them. While this kid in good or bad will have resale value because he is still young, not even in peak years yet.
As much as the 7 year age difference goes in Arthur's favor I see that much big of a problem in the fact that a young man who should be entering his prime is already behaving and playing like a tired older man in the last 1/3 of his career.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
I just want to put this out here, I am always glad that we have a lot members who are very informed about our the current affairs of the club. When I see the amount of crap that is being shared elsewhere, it is a blessing to get insight and information from this forum.

This Arthur - Pjanic swap is a good example of that, most Barca fans still don't get that this move is done for financial bookkeeping reasons.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Reports: Arthur to accept Juve offer

Reports are emanating that Barcelona midfielder Arthur will finally accept an offer to join Juventus, earning ‘three times’ what he currently earns.

The €75m deal, worth an alleged €15m plus Miralem Pjanic, only needs Arthur’s seal of approval to go through.

Now, Calciomercato.com writes Juve’s latest proposal of €5.5m net a season plus bonuses has convinced his representatives.

It would represent a huge pay rise for the Brazilian, with the website claiming it is ‘three times more’ than what Barca are paying him a year.

Calciomercato.it and Mundo Deportivo both agree the exchange is reaching its final stages, with the latter reporting how Arthur has given up on staying at Camp Nou.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Pjanic wages and the funds we would have used if such swap deal was not there
We're giving Arthur maybe 2-3m less than Pjanić has now. That's a miserable 'save'.

Also, we're spending 10-15m from those funds, so again, how is this saving anything?

It's literally just for cooking the books. I seriously doubt we're going to bring anyone else other than him, at least not a WC caliber player.

I'd much rather have Pjanić and Aouar for example than Arthur and nothing just to get rid of Pjanić.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Not really impressive. Some realky good qualities shown but not really standout performances. It's more about potential with him, and not what he shown so far.
Well I never said he was the answer, but I do think its a good start in terms of rebuilding our midfield, bringing the average age down of the squad too which I think emphasises Paratici's plan to look into the future rather than short term fixes, and hence why we rejected Vidal and Rakitic if initial reports were true. if we can get another quality midfielder I'll be very satisfied

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
I'd much rather have Pjanić and Aouar for example than Arthur and nothing just to get rid of Pjanić.
This doesnt make sence. Why would we sign Aouar if Pjanic stays, but dont sign him if we swap Pjanic wirh Arthur?

This Pjanic Arthur deal is a str8 up swap.

The question shoud be would you rather have Arthur and Aouar or Aouar and Pjanic.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
This doesnt make sence. Why would we sign Aouar if Pjanic stays, but dont sign him if we swap Pjanic wirh Arthur?

This Pjanic Arthur deal is a str8 up swap.

The question shoud be would you rather have Arthur and Aouar or Aouar and Pjanic.
Because Arthur and Aouar play the same position - mezzala in a midfield of 3. Unless we're planning to play Arthur as regista which is even worse than LCM why would we buy both.

Even if that's the case, Aouar and Pjanić >>>>>> Aouar and Arthur

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Because Arthur and Aouar play the same position - mezzala in a midfield of 3. Unless we're planning to play Arthur as regista which is even worse than LCM why would we buy both.

Even if that's the case, Aouar and Pjanić >>>>>> Aouar and Arthur
I think the idea is to play Arthur deeper, where he is most natural.
As someone has already highlighted part of his dip in form has been the fact he's been asked to play higher up to accommodate for Busquets and de Jong, even if his form has been better than de jong's this season.

keep Bentancur further forwards and find a 3rd piece

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
And that somehow makes it better?

Barca bought him for 30m two years ago and since then he played 3900 minutes, provided 4 goals and 6 assists. Pjanić in his worst ever Juve season has 3 goals and 4 assists and 2900 minutes played. And somehow JUST on age Arthur is worth Mire + 10m. You don't see a problem with that?

We're gonna replace a soft, lazy, under-performing mid for a 7 years younger soft, lazy, under-performing mid who's also injury prone. No problem right?
Pjanic is clearly finished and to replace him with Arthur seems the best possible deal we can get.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Pjanic is clearly finished and to replace him with Arthur seems the best possible deal we can get.
Ofc he isn't finished. Whole team is shit and he blended in it. He'll move somewhere and play well again.

Also:

- Aouar for 50m or Matuidi + money
- Partey for 50m release clause
- Tonali for 30-35m
- Ndombele on loan + option to buy

All much better that this.

Not to mention more complicated deals like Pogba.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Ofc he isn't finished. Whole team is shit and he blended in it. He'll move somewhere and play well again.

Also:

- Aouar for 50m or Matuidi + money
- Partey for 50m release clause
- Tonali for 30-35m
- Ndombele on loan + option to buy

All much better that this.

Not to mention more complicated deals like Pogba.
yes to the top 2, no to the other 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)