Arthur - CM - Barcelona (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Man is lazy, injury prone and under-performing in an environment he wants to be in. Just wait 'til he comes where he doesn't want to be...

What happened to our policy of high-character, down to earth guys and spending time with their families and carefully picking and choosing who we buy. I blamed Paratici and Nedved so far, but Agnelli is either demanding this or just fine watching the clown work from the big 2. Either way he's just as much to blame as them. He of all people should know better.
Yeah that's aspects of this deal I worry about alot.

Buy on AliExpress.com

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
FFP is in essence market regulation. Let's exclude hollywood accounting for a second(a disease far wider spread than footie...), a club can have other 'donor' clubs easily. Say 5 Sassuolo's spending the allowed 20M over the limit here gets us 100M/year FFP 'regulated' advantage/cheating. Remember that all of this was put into effect just cause the open market was too lucrative for 'eastern' investors - Abramovich, Sheikhs, etc.

So at what point is a market so distorted, that it fails in basic functions? I'd say those deals are pretty close. We are convicing a Barcelona substitute to come here for a measly 70-80Mils? My personal opinion - he would have been driving himself if the deal was straight cash and he was 'feeling' the love, now he is a 70% of Mbappe's selling price, 100% of De Ligt and De Jong and feels adequate compensation is in order.
So how can you cap a free market?
If inter want 120 mil. for lautaro, can UEFA step in and say. Nah, he's value is 70 mil.
You can't ask more than that.
You should try to see this as separate deals. This is not a straight swap. We give this player and you give us this.
It's more like we deposit in your account 70 mil. for Arthur while barca deposits us 60 million in installments or full amount.
If both clubs decide on player valuation, how can UEFA intervene and why they should not intervene in lautaro's case?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It's so super common human behaviour. Wouldn't hold it against him, feeling unwanted and confused, under pressure. Our very own Pjanic been playing like he mentally checked out too, probably because he was told he is leaving since last summer.
lol first glance I thought you said "Pjanic playing like he was mentally choked out"

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
And that somehow makes it better?

Barca bought him for 30m two years ago and since then he played 3900 minutes, provided 4 goals and 6 assists. Pjanić in his worst ever Juve season has 3 goals and 4 assists and 2900 minutes played. And somehow JUST on age Arthur is worth Mire + 10m. You don't see a problem with that?

We're gonna replace a soft, lazy, under-performing mid for a 7 years younger soft, lazy, under-performing mid who's also injury prone. No problem right?
It's not somehow, the 7 years age difference is massive for valuation of assets. Odds are Pjanic next move after Barca Barca contract is semi retiring one of little to no resale for them. While this kid in good or bad will have resale value because he is still young, not even in peak years yet.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This is the most key aspect of this deal. Who are we saving funds for to get by doing this cost saving trade.
Man I really hope so. We have so much deadweight to get rid of though in midfield its scary because we still need to replace players like Khedira and find someone better than Matuidi. Is Ramsey going to stay?

Apr 29, 2006
So how can you cap a free market?
If inter want 120 mil. for lautaro, can UEFA step in and say. Nah, he's value is 70 mil.
You can't ask more than that.
You should try to see this as separate deals. This is not a straight swap. We give this player and you give us this.
It's more like we deposit in your account 70 mil. for Arthur while barca deposits us 60 million in installments or full amount.
If both clubs decide on player valuation, how can UEFA intervene and why they should not intervene in lautaro's case?
Very valid points indeed. I would think the market actors would always find the balance - just like we do with free transfers. Yet, all of this is done not only to circumvent FFP, but to massage the clubs financial sheets. I get it now, post COVID, is not the time for UEFA to be doing anything other than begging for more money - just makes the whole FFP look quite ridiculous. Same thing with sponsorship deals and all.

I wouldn't want someone sitting in a desk in Switzerland to dictate prices. That is insane. But capping smaller clubs from growing or re-surfacing (like Milan) kind of kills it for me.
In general not much will change as we are on the path of least resistance for the important actors. I am just ranting that we end up with 70-80M substitute that will normally ask for an appropriate compensation.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Don't take this thing too seriously guys. This move stinks financially but on a technical level there's a lot to like I think. We get a much younger CM, that Sarri will surely like and at the same time we find accommodation for Pjanic who needs to go. Bentancur's already took Pjanic's place anyway, no point in keeping him on the bench.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Very valid points indeed. I would think the market actors would always find the balance - just like we do with free transfers. Yet, all of this is done not only to circumvent FFP, but to massage the clubs financial sheets. I get it now, post COVID, is not the time for UEFA to be doing anything other than begging for more money - just makes the whole FFP look quite ridiculous. Same thing with sponsorship deals and all.

I wouldn't want someone sitting in a desk in Switzerland to dictate prices. That is insane. But capping smaller clubs from growing or re-surfacing (like Milan) kind of kills it for me.
In general not much will change as we are on the path of least resistance for the important actors. I am just ranting that we end up with 70-80M substitute that will normally ask for an appropriate compensation.
I agree on this. We are just exploiting a loophole. It's UEFA's problem to fix it.
Also this deal only suspends the problem of our accounted losses for another year.
We aren't going to become free of financial problems with this kind of deals, it's that it just gives us more time to deal with them. Same for Barca.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We aren't saving funds, probably. We are just covering our losses or meeting ffp. Without sales I don't think we can afford a big player signing.

Thats most likely true, I dont think it will be anything big, its cooking books for 30th June first and foremost. But this is a midfield signing, if we didnt sell Pjanic, we would do for atleast 50m-ish sum, so by doing this trade we are atleast saving some funds we would be forced to use to address our chronic midfield issues. So just by litterally paying 10m of our transfer kit, there has to be some funds around, however limited by the losses, they can use to address other needs. Hopefully another midfielder.

- - - Updated - - -

Man I really hope so. We have so much deadweight to get rid of though in midfield its scary because we still need to replace players like Khedira and find someone better than Matuidi. Is Ramsey going to stay?

I think Rabiot is the first to go, and Ramsey will go only if they trying for likes of Pogba, and possible trade, I think they more inclined to keep him otherwise.

Sadly Khedira and Matuidi arent going anywhere...

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Thats most likely true, I dont think it will be anything big, its cooking books for 30th June first and foremost. But this is a midfield signing, if we didnt sell Pjanic, we would do for atleast 50m-ish sum, so by doing this trade we are atleast saving some funds we would be forced to use to address our chronic midfield issues. So just by litterally paying 10m of our transfer kit, there has to be some funds around, however limited by the losses, they can use to address other needs. Hopefully another midfielder.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Rabiot is the first to go, and Ramsey will go only if they trying or likes of Pogba, and possible trade, I think they more inclined to keep him otherwise.

Sadly Khedira and Matuidi arent going anywhere...
Fingers crossed. We can only hope.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Man is lazy, injury prone and under-performing in an environment he wants to be in. Just wait 'til he comes where he doesn't want to be...

What happened to our policy of high-character, down to earth guys and spending time with their families and carefully picking and choosing who we buy. I blamed Paratici and Nedved so far, but Agnelli is either demanding this or just fine watching the clown work from the big 2. Either way he's just as much to blame as them. He of all people should know better.
You're right, we should sell Pjanic for a cash lump sum or trade him with pogba caliber player bc there's a big market for him out there.

And defo need to sign players with more character than Ronaldo and de Ligt lol.

But yeah, his professionalism is one thing to keep an eye on. No other negative aspects to this deal. Complaints about his salary is most asinine now after Pjanic vs Arthur complaints died down after seeing Barca fans' reaction. Midtable epl clubs pay that for their players, and it's considerably less than Pjanic's with taxes.

- - - Updated - - -

But we value Pjanic at 70m :lol:
Yeah why are we valuating him this low when he's worth 100m?

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
You're right, we should sell Pjanic for a cash lump sum or trade him with pogba caliber player bc there's a big market for him out there.

And defo need to sign players with more character than Ronaldo and de Ligt lol.

But yeah, his professionalism is one thing to keep an eye on. No other negative aspects to this deal. Complaints about his salary is most asinine now after Pjanic vs Arthur complaints died down after seeing Barca fans' reaction. Midtable epl clubs pay that for their players, and it's considerably less than Pjanic's with taxes.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah why are we valuating him this low when he's worth 100m?
It's funny cause for a time barca fans thought that Juve was going to pay 70 mil. in a lump sum without Pjanic.
Read they're forums a little and they are not pleased. They are unhappy because they get another geezer in Midfield next to Vidal and busqets.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Arthur awaits a final 'irrevocable' offer from Juventus. The Brazilian rejected a very interesting proposal yesterday but assumes that the Italian club will make a counterproposal that would make the exchange with Pjanic a reality. [Mundo Deportivo]

AllegriGOAT

Jul 30, 2019
Here's a funny story I found on Reddit:

If it's anything like the Morientes transfer saga in 2002, it will backfire.

Real Madrid were going to sign Ronaldo. Barcelona needed a striker. Barcelona agreed to a deal with Real Madrid to sign Morientes in 2002.

However, they agreed this with the full intention of pulling out of it at the last second and denying Real Madrid the money they needed to pull off the Ronaldo signature.

Barcelona pulled out of the Morientes deal at the very last minute like they always intended to, Real Madrid shrugged and signed Ronaldo anyway and just dealt with having an extra striker and not a lot of money.

Real blitz the league *because 2002 Ronaldo was playing up front for them*. Meanwhile Barcelona have to rely entirely upon Kluivert and Saviola for goals because they didn't sign a third striker, deciding instead to waste time embarking on a failed sabotage attempt, and have one of the worst seasons in living memory.
I wonder if we sign Arthur AND keep Pjanic just to fuck Fagcelona? :baus: Our midfield will suddenly become strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)