Arsenal Stopped! (3 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Amr ] ++
riley has given manutd 7 penalties in 8 matches :wallbang:
8 in 8 i think it was.

As for the foul, seriously, Nistelrooy has been let off easy if its just a 3 match ban. That had intent, and was extremely malicious. It could have ended Ashley Cole's career, and should have ended Nistelrooy's career. It may sound harsh, but if a player shows such harmful intent to a fellow sportsman, then he doesnt deserve to be on the pitch. Such incidents are never good for the game, and only offer a negative advertisement for fair play in the sport.

As for the game itself, Arsenal were screwed over by 12, not 11 red devils.

Buy on AliExpress.com

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Oh come on man, anyone who plays or watches football knows that wasn't a foul. Ljungberg wasn't in control of the ball because his first touch was poor. They were simply running together.

In those situations the attacking player should keep his balance, so it wasn't Rio's fault. There was too little contact or cynicism in the incident for the ref to send Ferdinand off, which he would have had to do, since he was the last man back.
for god sake , r u kiddin me , ferdinad didn't go to the ball he went to the player directly !!

That wasn't a penalty, but I think the referee didn't call Cole's foul on Ronaldo later on in the match because he realised that the first call was incorrect. I don't agree with that though; referees should judge every incident in an isolated fashion.
that was after they were 1-0 down so everything changed and if saw the match it changed completly after the bad penalty call

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002

See that's the thing, he can't have just received AT LEAST a yellow card, because it would have been a red if the ref called it a foul. I'm saying that in the middle of the pitch, that would have been called a foul, but refs usually treat 'fouls' differently when they're in the box or in situations where the repercussions are as serious as a man getting sent off.

btw I'm not a Man U supporter by any means

it's a red card period

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
1. RVN's "foul" was nothing like as bad as what happened to him last year, and a 3 match ban is very harsh IMO

2. Rio should have been sent off

3. It wasn't a penalty

4. However Man U should have had a penalty during a separate incident.. as Gray correctly stated it wasn't given because of the earlier cockup

5. This match has simply proved what a bunch of tossers Arsenal really are. They just cannot accept defeat without throwing a tantrum. Personally i'm absolutely delighted they've been finally humbled. That they've gone for so long unbeaten is clearly a testament to the weakness of the EPL if I ever saw one.

Forza man U !! Chelsea for the title :)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
5. This match has simply proved what a bunch of tossers Arsenal really are. They just cannot accept defeat without throwing a tantrum. Personally i'm absolutely delighted they've been finally humbled. That they've gone for so long unbeaten is clearly a testament to the weakness of the EPL if I ever saw one.
Agree 200%. It takes a pretty knowledgable football fan, who by the way is actually English, to admit that. I applaud your sense of reality Tom. :D

arc

Mar 11, 2004
1. RVN's "foul" was nothing like as bad as what happened to him last year, and a 3 match ban is very harsh IMO

3. It wasn't a penalty

4. However Man U should have had a penalty during a separate incident.. as Gray correctly stated it wasn't given because of the earlier cockup

agree

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Well said mate! I agree with u!!!!!

But there's something I like to ask, is it pizza or pea soup being thrown?

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
It was pepperoni pizza with mushrooms and extra cheese.
Didn't their mothers teach them not to waste food?

At least they should have gave the pizza to me :D

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++

Didn't their mothers teach them not to waste food?

At least they should have gave the pizza to me :D
They probably thought that they are not waising it, but rather utilising it in a very effective way :D

I'll send an email to Ashley Cole, asking him to send you a slice next time he has a "pizza party" :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

3. It wasn't a penalty

ya but when Milan went unbeaten some 12-16 years ago that was a testament of Milans strength and the calcio's strength generally,right?:groan:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
no one is saying otherwise,but this Arsenal is great too,just its great on a national level.
But did the Milan of 12-16 years ago suck ass in Europe? That's the difference.

Arsenal's whipping everyone's ass in England, then getting draws against mediocre teams from Norway and Greece in the CL, and depending on a single own goal against PSV, who are hardly a European superpower.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)