Arsenal Stopped! (1 Viewer)

Sep 14, 2003
Van Horseface deserves a long ban. Thankfully, Cole wasn't hurt from that disgraceful challenge.

Gray, how can you say Ferdinand's challenge on Ljungberg wasn't a foul? Maybe it isn't if you're playing for Man Utd at Old Trafford...

Serously, he should've recieved at LEAST a yellow card.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
Gray, how can you say Ferdinand's challenge on Ljungberg wasn't a foul? Maybe it isn't if you're playing for Man Utd at Old Trafford...

Serously, he should've recieved at LEAST a yellow card.
See that's the thing, he can't have just received AT LEAST a yellow card, because it would have been a red if the ref called it a foul. I'm saying that in the middle of the pitch, that would have been called a foul, but refs usually treat 'fouls' differently when they're in the box or in situations where the repercussions are as serious as a man getting sent off.

btw I'm not a Man U supporter by any means

Sep 14, 2003
But do you agree it was a foul? I'm sure Riley would've blown for a free kick had Ljunberg not been bearing down on goal. Truth is, he bottled it, it was a major decision in an important match and he got it wrong.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I think if Ljungberg's first touch was better, it would've been called a foul

It would've been blown for a free kick of course if it wasn't in such a threatening situation, but then again you can't say that a lot of fouls that would be called in the centre of the pitch should be called if they were in the penalty box, because it's not the same thing.

Do you think Rio deserved a red?

Sep 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Do you think Rio deserved a red?
I think so, it was a professional foul, regardless of whether Ljungberg had control of the ball or not.

BTW, I'm completely neutral to both teams.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
but then again you can't say that a lot of fouls that would be called in the centre of the pitch should be called if they were in the penalty box, because it's not the same thing.
Damn, gray, I wouldn't like to have you as a referee. How inconsistent are you?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
hey i'm not saying that's how it should be, but all referees do it. I mean they always call fouls for a little knock in the middle of the pitch that would definitely not be given if it happened in the penalty box. It happens all the time

Jul 19, 2003
gray, the fact that Ljungberg's first touch got away from him is irrelevant imo. He had no one to stop him from catching up with the ball and controlling it had Rio not fouled him. So, imo.....that deserved a red.

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
plz concenrate on the 1st clip!!!

tht stupid horseface could have ended a.cole's career with tht injury :(:(

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
gray, the fact that Ljungberg's first touch got away from him is irrelevant imo.
it's like when a player's in the box and he jinks past the keeper and the keeper brings him down, the penalty's sometimes not given if the player wasn't in control of the ball and and it wouldn't have opened up a goalscoring opportunity. IMHO it's a similar situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)