Arsenal Stopped! (1 Viewer)

Jul 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

it's like when a player's in the box and he jinks past the keeper and the keeper brings him down, the penalty's sometimes not given if the player wasn't in control of the ball and and it wouldn't have opened up a goalscoring opportunity. IMHO it's a similar situation.
I agree with what you're saying. But I also think Ljungberg was on his way to regain full control of the ball. What could've stopped him (other than Rio of course)? Just a note......I don't care for either team.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
true that. Did anyone else think Henry's challenge where he came down with a knee was totally unnecessary? :(

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sehnsucht79 ] ++
stop complaining arsey fans. last time at old trafford most of your players should've been banned. what goes around comes around.
that would be true,if van nistelrooy gets his just desserts for that attack on cole just like the arsenal players did:)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
stop complaining arsey fans. last time at old trafford most of your players should've been banned. what goes around comes around.
lol u should say that to Arsene Wenger as well.

Now he has to explain himself y did he say such crude words boout the referee and van Nistelrooy. And the FA is demanding for an explantion for the pouring of soup over Ferguson in the tunnel.

Arsenal and Man U r have another dispute eh? They had 1 on Sept 21 2003 and now this.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Ruud tries to defend himself.

Van Nist defends Cole horror tackle

Ruud van Nistelrooy has claimed there was no malice in his much-criticised challenge on Ashley Cole during Manchester United's 2-0 win over Arsenal at Old Trafford on Sunday.
The Holland international has been charged with serious foul play by the Football Association after kicking the England defender on the knee.

However, van Nistelrooy told The Sun: 'We both just went for the ball. It was a 50-50 ball and in these situations two players can collide.'

Under the FA's new fast-track disciplinary system, his case will be dealt with on Thursday.

Van Nistelrooy's challenge, missed by referee Mike Riley, was branded `a disgrace' by BBC TV pundit Alan Hansen, who claimed the forward's actions were `nasty and cynical'.

They also brought a `cheat' jibe from Arsene Wenger which is thought to have played some part in the tunnel fracas that erupted after the game that ended Arsenal's 49-game unbeaten run.

'We know how Ruud van Nistelrooy behaves,' said Wenger. 'He can only cheat people - we know him very well.'

Wenger has been asked by the FA to explain those comments while van Nistelrooy has just today to answer the charge which has been brought under FA Rule E3 - for serious foul play.

Van Nistelrooy, meanwhile, has admitted to having doubts over the validity of his penalty which put United ahead.

Wayne Rooney appeared to have been brought down by Sol Campbell in the box but television replays later suggested there had been minimal contact.

'At first sight I thought it was a penalty,' said van Nistelrooy. 'I can understand why the referee gave it because of the angle he was looking from. But afterwards, when I saw it on television, I had doubts.'

Man I posted a lot of articles eh?

Aug 1, 2003
"horror tackle"... i admit it is a bad tackle, but they make SUCH a big deal out of this. it definitely isn't the worst i've seen :rolleyes: and besides, last season arsenal did worse to nistelrooy and yet nothing was actually done and MU didn't pour soup over wenger or anything.

such crybabies. it's a shame england had to have a 'top' team with attitude like this.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
"horror tackle"... i admit it is a bad tackle, but they make SUCH a big deal out of this. it definitely isn't the worst i've seen :rolleyes: and besides, last season arsenal did worse to nistelrooy and yet nothing was actually done and MU didn't pour soup over wenger or anything.

such crybabies. it's a shame england had to have a 'top' team with attitude like this .
The main reason y my fren and I don't support Arsenal. Arsene Wenger always like to complain when his team lost.............especially against Man U.

OP
la_dynamite86

la_dynamite86

Sep 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #54
    I don't understand all that complaining about Arsenal... What's so bad about them? I would say, that besides Barcelona they're the best football team at the moment. And everybody who thinks that they don't deserve our recognition should ask himself why they managed to keep winning more than a whole season!

OP
    la_dynamite86

la_dynamite86

Sep 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #58
    ++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++

The main reason y my fren and I don't support Arsenal. Arsene Wenger always like to complain when his team lost.............especially against Man U.
    It isn't right to complaint about the mistakes of a referee? :D Just a question: So why do we need a referee then? In your ideal world, football would be a pure anarchy with no rules and no limits.

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    gray: if you got a big fattypack like ferdinand running up from behind, you know he's going for your body, would you keep the ball at your feet or try to out run him?

I would run like sonic gottamit. :groan:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)