Argentine defender Gonzalo Rodríguez to go to Juve? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Quite simple, Mago.

Amercan fans like high scoring contests.

Whereas we can see the beauty in a 1-0 match, or a 0-0 tie for that matter, most of this country just sees 22 guys kicking a ball around.

It's a bare bones asessment, but it's true.

The sport is slowly starting to grow here in the US, but until the radio and print media give it enough coverage, then it will never reach the levels of the 4 major sports we have now. And they do have football (soccer) scholarships, its just that Universities only have so many scholarships to give out, and since basketball and college football bring in the most money, then naturally the majority of the scholarships will go to those sports.

Hey, I'd love it if football (soccer) became a major sport inthis country, but I can't see it ever reaching the levels of Serie A or the EPL.

*gives mago a titty twister* "Say it!!! Call it Soccer!!!!! *squeezes harder*

Anyway, anything new about Rodriguez??

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
back then we used to call it a nipple cripple. of course it was a british school.....

haha

btw im not american. i moved here 2.5 years ago and am moving out in about 6 months.

but still, its good to see asSOC(cer)iation football gain a good following in the us of a. most of the hardcore fans are on the coasts though. i would imagine few people in the south had an interest, but i could be wrong.

in fact i think that the average american sport isnt used to the tradition of travelling internationally for away games, or entertaining foreign teams for home games. is it just me or does that not happen too often in the us?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
in fact i think that the average american sport isnt used to the tradition of travelling internationally for away games, or entertaining foreign teams for home games. is it just me or does that not happen too often in the us?
It doesn't happen at all, unless you count Canada.

OP
Dec 17, 2003
  • Thread Starter #185
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
    *gives mago a titty twister* "Say it!!! Call it Soccer!!!!! *squeezes harder*
    :D :D

OK, OK, I'll try... So-so-so-so softball! :D Softball!?! Yuck!

Anyway, anything new about Rodriguez??
    Mmm, I'm afraid there isn't much to tell now, though this short piece came out on today's edition of the Olé. To me it just sounds like average filler from the journalist, but oh well, here you are:

Gonzalo resurfaces
    A new Juve contact is awaited

Time goes by but the phone doesn't ring. After Gonzalo Rodríguez became a Spain citizen and thus got his EU passport, there was a lot of talk about renewed chances of Juve buying Gonzalo. But the truth is that no new contact has been established between both clubs, though in San Lorenzo there's still hope.

Therefore, San Lorenzo's vice-president Rafael Savino stated the following: "As far as I know, Gonzalo has all the proper papers, so we are only waiting for negotiations to be resumed from the point we left when the problem with the passport came up. We really think that in the next days we will get a phone call from Italy so that we can put an end to all this thing".
    You know guys, I've been thinking... Now that the Pre-Olympic started today (tomorrow it starts for Argentina) maybe Juventus will wait until Gonzalo is done there and then they buy him. But then again, why don't they they save some time, buy him now and still let him play for the U-23 NT on this tournament. I just hope Gonzalo can continue to stay focused on the NT after all these endless rumours about his transfer.

By the way, are you guys getting the Pre-Olympic on TV? It could be a good opportunity for you to see Gonzalo. He will be the starting sweeper! Tomorrow we play Perú at 22 hs. my time (GMT -3:00 Buenos Aires, Georgetown)

For those of you living in USA, did you know that our most popular sports channel on cable TV called TyC Sports is now available for US residents? This was made possible because recently there have been a lot of Argentine immigrants in the States. There's a number you can call directly to have it installed. So you will get to see 4 matches from our League every weekend (one on Fridays, two on Saturdays and one on late Sundays) + one or two games from the Spanish league every Saturday/Sunday + one or two games from the Bundesliga every Saturday/Sunday + random games from the Copa Italia and Copa del Rey + one Brazilian game on Sundays + all the shows on the channel every day.

TyC will also be covering the WHOLE Pre-Olympic. Today they showed Chile-Uruguay and Brazil-Venezuela...

HE. You will be amazed at how many programmes they have ONLY devoted to football (ok... soccer, too). There's one every day which lasts two hours and only deals with our league, and when they are over there's another show lasting half an hour (also every day) which covers all the International leagues. Neato!

And no, I'm not Gonzalo's agent and I don't work in TyC Sports. :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Mago, I'm still furious that my cable provider (Cox Communications I hate you, you fukkin bastards) refuse to put ESPN Deportes on their lineup, so I HIGHLY doubt that my cable company, in my area, anyway, will carry Tyc sports.

But they gladly carry another god-awful country music station.

I have a question though. How come there are no other teams besides Juve linked up with rodriguez??

Here in the states, if a player only has one suitor, then something must be wrong. So please, alleviate my fears and show me the way.

Thanks.

If not, you've got one more titty that will get squeezed.:D

OP
    Dec 17, 2003
  • Thread Starter #187
    You really have a point there. Yes, other than Juventus I haven't heard of any other team interested in him. I wonder why...

Someone here mentioned a couple of pages back that Roma could be interested in him as well and that they would start some kind of bidding war...

Don't worry. Tomorrow I shall call my secret insiders and ask them if they know anything they didn't tell me! ;)

Here's some info about TyC in USA:

http://www.globecastwtv.com/ch_tycsports_eng.htm

As far as I knew, you had to put on a new antenna for the channel alone. Yeah, it's a bit expensive...

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
    USA Juve' what about the Italian Americans. Do you reckon they forget the beautiful game and watch rounders, I mean baseball instead:D

I aint seen one episode of Sopranos where the boys are watching Juve game

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by MCPIERO ] ++
    USA Juve' what about the Italian Americans. Do you reckon they forget the beautiful game and watch rounders, I mean baseball instead:D

I aint seen one episode of Sopranos where the boys are watching Juve game
    Its funny that you say that.

See, unlike Hispanic-Americans and Portugese-Americans, and it hurts me to say this, but I feel that there is a smaller percentage of Italian-Americans who are totally in tune with their heritage and culture. Now, that's not everyone, as Myself, Vinman, and Incubo can attest too. We are proud of our nation, but we also haven't forgotten our family roots and the traditions, loves, passions and culture that it brings to us, and obviously, if you ask any Italian, football is a MAJOR part ofthat upbringing. A juve Milan match can tear a family apart one week, but an Italy-Germany match can bring us right back together again in that same week. What you also find with Italians, and Italian americans, is a need for the Serie A clubs to succeed in outside tournaments, as long as they are not playing each other.

The Intercontinental cup as an example, and if Roma make it to the finals of the UEFA cup, I'll be rooting with all my heart for them.

I could be wrong in this, because to be honest, all my friends are either Portugese, African-American, Spanish, Irish, or English.

Come to think of it, I don't think I have any Italian -American friends.

But that's my view on it.

When you go to a portugese social club, as I do frequently, (mainly to laugh at Porto and Benfica) you see the passion there when a Superliga match is on. At an Italian social club here in Rhode Island, its a different story, as really the only supporters of football are the ones who come form the old country, while the 2nd and 3rd generations of portugese and spanish-americans(people my age or younger) are fervent in their love of the game.

Hope that explains it to you a little.

Jul 28, 2002
    duuuuuuuuuuudddddddeeeeeeee...u would actually root for roma???

Heck i will never root for man u or leeds:D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
    duuuuuuuuuuudddddddeeeeeeee...u would actually root for roma???

Heck i will never root for man u or leeds:D
    If it meant that another Serie A team is in the Champions League??

Absolutely. In a heartbeat.

Us Italians are cut from a different cloth, I suppose.

Jul 28, 2002
    guess its cos im a mixture of blood, not 2 but more so i dont have a huge patriotic belief in following an english team.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    i saw gonzalo some games in san lorenzo but i didnt chekec him carefully....

Today ill see the argentina match to rate the guy ;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    We're spoilt for choice as far as the right back position goes, with Bonera, Oddo and Trabelsi all heavily linked, but I haven't heard anything about any CBs lately... :undecide:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)