Argentine defender Gonzalo Rodríguez to go to Juve? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i'd rather we just played him for the remainder of the season. we lack pace, and if he can bring that to the team, i'd rather him start instead of montero. he may not be experienced, but the only way he will be experienced is if he plays.

what would be the difference anyway? using montero and having him being too slow and making mistakes, hence, gives away goals OR, having a young 19 year old in their making mistakes, but learning and getting better each game. For me, i say use the young man.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
here's the deal:we keep him for the remainder of the season,see how he works out,then decide in the summer whether to loan him out or not.
Yeah, that's the best thing to do.

Del Boy

Dec 24, 2003
u have 2 give these non EU players a chance when they score nobody complanies but if they don't every 1 chat's shit about them so u have to give zalayeta a chance , plus olivera is still young he has a lot of potential and will be come a star in the future

OP
Dec 17, 2003
  • Thread Starter #105
    :thumb:

++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
    here's the deal:we keep him for the remainder of the season,see how he works out,then decide in the summer whether to loan him out or not.
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
    i'd rather we just played him for the remainder of the season. we lack pace, and if he can bring that to the team, i'd rather him start instead of montero. he may not be experienced, but the only way he will be experienced is if he plays.

what would be the difference anyway? using montero and having him being too slow and making mistakes, hence, gives away goals OR, having a young 19 year old in their making mistakes, but learning and getting better each game. For me, i say use the young man.
    That's right. What would you all do if Gonzalo is loaned to another team as soon as he arrives and makes an instant impact on the Serie A. You will all be banging your head against the wall for not having given him a chance first. Besides, I have always believed that it's always easier for a player to adapt to a different football if he's surrounded by good players (that is if he plays in Juve) rather than going to a club like Lecce or Perugia with more mediocre players where he will have to cope with more difficulties... Remember: one player, specially a defender, can't carry a whole team on his shoulders. You can't expect a sole defender to excel in a mediocre team like Lecce, Perugia or Udinese. Of all the teams rumoured to benefit from Gonzalo's loan, I'd pick Chievo Verona. Besides, he would have another Argentine like Mario Santana to ease his adaptation.

But what if he struggles in the first six months? You will loan him forever? I don't think so.

Anyway, from what I've read in the last days, it is said that Gonzalo would prefer playing in San Lorenzo for another six months if Juventus wants to loan him. He'd rather play in San Lorenzo than on some small team like Lecce or Perugia. Besides, going to Italy right now would mean missing the Pre-Olympic Tournament with the U-23 National Team.

NOW... Something that I forgot to mention here that I found out browsing thru the archives of Olé was that in an interview of September/October, Moggi had said that he tended not to like South American players because of their National Teams and their callendars issue. So that is something to take into account. If Juventus is still interested in Gonzalo despite that issue, it's because Lippi must want this defender badly!

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by magosantana81 ] ++
    NOW... Something that I forgot to mention here that I found out browsing thru the archives of Olé was that in an interview of September/October, Moggi had said that he tended not to like South American players because of their National Teams and their callendars issue. So that is something to take into account. If Juventus is still interested in Gonzalo despite that issue, it's because Lippi must want this defender badly!
    Well, we've always had plenty of South-American players, so I don't know how true that is.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    never,ever trust moggi.he lies to the press, to the juventini,to the world.but he always comes up with something in the end,you can be sure of that:)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Word on the street is that Juve is cooling off Rodriguez. My sources tell me that there is still a difference between Juve's offer San Lorenzo's demanding price. Also, it seems that he will not get a Spanish passport as was first thought. My sources also tell me that a problem could be SL's request tokeep him until June. Expect further delopments of this story.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Yeah, it's true.

It doesn't look like Rodriguez is coming in January, if at all.

However..........................................

Juve is in negotiations with Seville for Daniel Alves from Brazil, who many people are calling "The New Cafu".

Stay Tuned.......................

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    RUMOR from MARCA(Spain)

Daniel Alves
    Right Back - Right Midfield
    Born: 1983
    Nationality: Brazilian
    Team: Sevilla

Said to be the next Cafu. Played in the U-20 tournament. Real Madrid are interested in him also.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Is that a tooth sticking out from his lips???

Maybe he should change his name to Igor.

Oh wait, we already have one of those. It's not as if you see a lot of him, anyways. Except for own goals.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)