Argentine defender Gonzalo Rodríguez to go to Juve? (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
For right back I don't want this Daniel guy, I want Oddo :stuckup:
i understand ur interest.. but have u even actually watched him plays?

Oddo is tried and proven though... we would settle a lot of problem if we can really get him..

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
is this daniel guy any good?
and are we getting rodriguez or him? GOSH Moggi make up your bloody mind
Daniel plays Right Back or Right Midfiled. Rodriguez palys Right Center Back or Sweeper. We can get them both. Knowing Moggi, he's not gonna take even one of them. He's in love with Uruguyans. lol

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
Oddo is tried and proven though... we would settle a lot of problem if we can really get him..
What problems would he solve? He would make Thuram move to central defence where he sucks and that would only cause more problems. IMO we need a central defender, not a rightback, we already have a right back.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker ] ++

What problems would he solve? He would make Thuram move to central defence where he sucks and that would only cause more problems. IMO we need a central defender, not a rightback, we already have a right back.
i was comparing Massimo Oddo to Daniel Alves..:rolleyes:

the problems that i had in mind ..;):-

1. A gamble on Daniel's ability to play in Serie A compare to Oddo who is already proven..

2. EU Spot

3. Daniel's inexperience compare to Oddo who is already an international..

4. Language

5. Maturity

6. South american international call ups..

..thats about it.. pretty much problems that occur if u sign a teenage foreing player that you can solve if u sign an Italian international instead...

ps- despite your effort i still belive giving thuram some games i to adapt as CB is still better than continuing with the current cb we have...

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
True Say. But it looks like the RB,RM Alves is in our sights. We need someone for Montero.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker ] ++

That's why we should've tried Thuram in the centre before the winter break so that we would have a vague idea as to whether we really need a centre back right now, or if we could just settle for a right back such as Oddo. I suppose Lippi was planning to give Thuram a try in the centre, which I would've liked to see, but then he got injured.

I'm not sure how you can say that Thuram sucks at CB when he was great there for Parma and in certain games last season. I know that he was pish there in his first Juve season, but the least we can do atm is give him another chance. Oddo-Thuram-Legro-Zambro looks one hell of a lot better than Thuram-Legro-Monte-Zambro imo.

Jul 12, 2002
That's why we should've tried Thuram in the centre before the winter break so that we would have a vague idea as to whether we really need a centre back right now, or if we could just settle for a right back such as Oddo. I suppose Lippi was planning to give Thuram a try in the centre, which I would've liked to see, but then he got injured.

I'm not sure how you can say that Thuram sucks at CB when he was great there for Parma and in certain games last season. I know that he was pish there in his first Juve season, but the least we can do atm is give him another chance. Oddo-Thuram-Legro-Zambro looks one hell of a lot better than Thuram-Legro-Monte-Zambro imo.
I can say that Thuram sucks at centre back, because he was tried there for Juve before and failed to perform. That's why he stopped *****ing about it and moved back to right full. My point was that we shouldn't buy a rightback, when what we need is a centre back.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Yes, I know what your point is and I know that we need a centre back but if Thuram can perform well as a CB why not get Oddo? Anyways, you're making more sense than I am. How foolish of me, we need a centre back, not a right back.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Agreed, and Oddo could fill that right wing back role. With him on the right, Zamboy on the left, and a back three of Thuram - Ciro - Legro we'd do much better than we're doing now imo.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Actually, if you try real hard you'll remember that I actually proposed this even before Lippi started it.

I wanted Salihamidzic on the right (as a wing back) so we could drop Camo and concentrate our other midfielders in the middle of the pitch

Something like this

---------Di Vaio Trezeguet------

------------------Nedved

-------------Maresca Appiah-----------

Zambrotta ----------------Salihamidzic

------Tudor Legro Thuram

Buffon

Jul 12, 2002
Agreed, and Oddo could fill that right wing back role. With him on the right, Zamboy on the left, and a back three of Thuram - Ciro - Legro we'd do much better than we're doing now imo.
Yes, that's just what we need...a five man back-line....:groan:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Not bad, not bad at all... ;)

Well I do know my football... ;)

And Ian, I dont think it would be that bad. In defence it would be a 5-3-2 and in offence 3-5-2, we all know that Zambro does all the work on the left so we dont need a real left midfielder. If we did the same on the right, we'd have better cover than we do now.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
And Ian, I dont think it would be that bad. In defence it would be a 5-3-2 and in offence 3-5-2, we all know that Zambro does all the work on the left so we dont need a real left midfielder. If we did the same on the right, we'd have better cover than we do now.
If it's going to be a 3-5-2, then call it that. You can't have both. You either have wingbacks or wingers. Wingers are more attacking while wingbacks are more defensive. I don't think that focusing our attack from the flanks is the right idea no matter how you set it up. We simply don't have the attacking players to use that kind of service. Trez is "unsettled" and the rest of our attackers are short. We are a tema that needs to play on the ground. Nedved and Del Piero are both best used int he capacity as is Di Vaio. That's why Camo is playing, because he fits that style. Bringing in Oddo and taking out Camo will not serve to better our attack if you employ him the way you are suggesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)