Any defensive midfielder? (5 Viewers)

slack

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++

Cuz he doesnt do his job. He doesnt scores when is needed. He does not ctoss the ball....he doesnt have a nose for assist.....he lacks in many things that a foward needs to have
He was bought to score and he did. How many times have Trez's goals saved us? You can't expect him to cross to himself. Juventus did not buy him to assist. He is not a forward. He lacks in many things many people here would like him to have and the list somehow gets longer with each passing day - reality has little to do with it ... there's quite a difference.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
unfortuantely it seems we have invested more in the dm position than anywhere else....they still dont seem to be 100 percent correct.
Actually, we've spent relatively little at that position. The last player we bought for that area was Appiah, and if I remember, he didn't cost that much. Maresca, Brighi, Blasi, and Tacch all came cheap and young.

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by slack ] ++

He was bought to score and he did. How many times have Trez's goals saved us? You can't expect him to cross to himself. Juventus did not buy him to assist. He is not a forward. He lacks in many things many people here would like him to have and the list somehow gets longer with each passing day - reality has little to do with it ... there's quite a difference.
First thing: trez did not do nothing to save us....he never scores in important matches that we must win.....Second of all: Striker needs to know to cross the ball and make assists.....

slack

Dec 13, 2002

First thing: trez did not do nothing to save us....he never scores in important matches that we must win.....Second of all: Striker needs to know to cross the ball and make assists.....
Firstly, I actually consider every league match before a Scudetto is mathematically decided to be an important match. I'm sure you can find quite a few. Secondly, are you trying suggest Trez go wide to try to cross the ball to the likes of DP, Miccoli, DV in a sea of defenders? Very interesting. Maybe you have a different understanding/expectation of the way Juventus plays. Can you explain it?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
As I have stated before, there is no reason to buy another defensive middy. Some people don't believe in Appiah, or have just lost faith in him. For the first quarter of the season, Appiah was in very good form, but as the injury plague hit, somehow Appiah lost it. But I mind you that it is very hard to suceed at Juve in a first season. Just ask Nedved, who had to be changed into a playmaker. I think Appiah was not bought for nothing, he obviously has the skill to become a great player, he just needs a year to form a relationship with the other players at Juve.

So I think Moggi should buy a NATURAL PLAYMAKER. I have said this time and time again, but it is clear as day that our Juve lacks creativity. We need someone like Rosicky or Diego to come and control the pace and style that Juve plays with. If you take a look at Milan, creativity is in abundance with Pirlo holding back and Kaka pushing forward. This creative duo is perfect for a team, as seen in Milan, whether it is Inzaghi, Sheva, or Tomasson, they all score because the service is never lacking. When Moggi bought Nedved, I was worried that creativity would be lacking for Juve. Even though we won the scudetto the past two years, it is finally obvious that we need a creative spark in midfield. By getting this player, we can also move Nedved back to his original position on the left side of midfield. There, Nedved could produce darting runs instead of helping the passing all over the field. That job will be given to Rosicky (or whoever) who is better at that task. By getting this natural playmaker, I am positive that Trez's goal totals will rise b/c of the increase of possesion and service.

Hell, I might even be open to the idea of bringing Juan Seba Veron to Juve, as he is one of my favorite players. Even though he has never played well in England, I remember how great he was with Lazio, playing alongside Nedved. I don't think that any natural playmaker like Veron, Aimar, or Rosicky would suceed in England because the league is based on hustle and bustle that is not suited for playmakers. And with most clubs using a boring straight 4-4-2 system with wingers and two cental midfielders, there is no room for creativity, as the player cannot move around in a free position in that formation. As in the case of myself, I play usually as a playmaker for my club team and I play so much better when given a free role, as I can move around the pitch making constructive passes. If I had to play central mid in a 4-4-2, my playmaking skills would be hampered because I would always have to make sure that I come back and get into the midfield zonal defense. A natural playmaker should only worry about what he does best, which is to create chances all over the pitch. You can't do that if you always have to come back and get into your zonal mid postion (which is the type of defense when playing a straight 4-4-2, in which there are layers of 1st and 2nd defenders between the mid and defense). I am sure Veron would concur, as he probably misses Calcio di Italia. If I was Moggi, I would try and bring Veron to Juve, that is if the price is right. Veron would add so much to our boring, "noncreative" midfield.

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by slack ] ++

Firstly, I actually consider every league match before a Scudetto is mathematically decided to be an important match. I'm sure you can find quite a few. Secondly, are you trying suggest Trez go wide to try to cross the ball to the likes of DP, Miccoli, DV in a sea of defenders? Very interesting. Maybe you have a different understanding/expectation of the way Juventus plays. Can you explain it?
Yes I can.........I see that we cant win big things like CL and Scudetto this year cuz we lack creativity.....IMO our defensive part has always been good but you cant defend forever when your midfield plays like a shit. Our midfield plays like shit cuz when midfielders want to pass the ball up-front,they see Trez...player that will give them a ball back and position himself in box and wait the ball to fall in front of him. Then,the midfield is forced to pass around like a crazy chickens and hope that someone will cross the ball on his head or hope that he will score a deflection. In big teams players up-front contribute in build-up play and if it is needed they spread away and cross the ball......sometimes strikers try to posess the ball and do something from the edge of area.....create a chance to shoot(which is very important) or to try to find a team-mate in better situation. Thats the things that we lack......and dont try to tell me thats DP job.....both strikers must know to do that.

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
you are asking too much from Trezeguet.

and about Veron. the only way i se him at Juventus is that he comes a cheap price.
Hey.....there are cheap srtikers that can do all this things......sell him and get Gila or someone....for example....I like Govou from Lyon,Prso from Monaco(he is a dr. of football for Trez)................the list goes on.

Btw....did anyone see two goals of Gila this saturday?

Jan 7, 2004

Hey.....there are cheap srtikers that can do all this things......sell him and get Gila or someone....for example....I like Govou from Lyon,Prso from Monaco(he is a dr. of football for Trez)................the list goes on.

Btw....did anyone see two goals of Gila this saturday?
if we ever buy a "cheap" striker we put him on loan and he just disappears.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Yes I can.........I see that we cant win big things like CL and Scudetto this year cuz we lack creativity.....IMO our defensive part has always been good but you cant defend forever when your midfield plays like a shit. Our midfield plays like shit cuz when midfielders want to pass the ball up-front,they see Trez...player that will give them a ball back and position himself in box and wait the ball to fall in front of him. Then,the midfield is forced to pass around like a crazy chickens and hope that someone will cross the ball on his head or hope that he will score a deflection. In big teams players up-front contribute in build-up play and if it is needed they spread away and cross the ball......sometimes strikers try to posess the ball and do something from the edge of area.....create a chance to shoot(which is very important) or to try to find a team-mate in better situation. Thats the things that we lack......and dont try to tell me thats DP job.....both strikers must know to do that.
Could not have said it better. Well, I might have in my earlier post that no one read.....

It is obvious we need a natural playmaker. I heard that Veron is up for sale for 8 million Euros. If not Brujita Veron, than Rosicky or Diego. We need a player like that.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

and about Veron. the only way i se him at Juventus is that he comes a cheap price.
Nedved, Del Piero and Trezeguet have all been linked to Chelsea, so if one of them go to Stamford Bridge then we could probably get Veron and cash in exchange. Come to think of it, Thuram for Veron would be a very good move imo, granted that we get Oddo, Hinkel or Trabelsi to replace Lilian of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)