Any defensive midfielder? (3 Viewers)

desireless

Sep 16, 2003
Correct me if I am wrong but imho, Appiah was pretty decent against Lazio. Yes, true he was very sloppy during the match. But in my mind his passing is accurate, not the best in the business of course.

Another point to bring up is that he likes and looks decent in attacking. Not by passing, not by doing magic dribbling or control, but by just simply penetrating the defense. Imho he is better as a role of M, no D or A in front of it.

Veron, Rosicky.. I don't mind having them, but how on earth Juve is going to sign them with tight budget, a contract sign with a lifetime supply of Pasta??? And I thought Kapo is already nailed???

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'm assuming you two know each other?

++ [ originally posted by BayernFussball ] ++
If by good you mean horrible, then yes.
:rofl: I gotta use something along those lines on something :howler:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
I'm assuming you two know each other?

Got that right mate! We go to the same high school and have been playing soccer for 4 years now. He is the finisher a la Makaay "his favorite but IMO overated player", and I am the midfield schemer converted to sweeper type player, kind of like Beckenbuer. Yo Burke, if I was playing behind you up front, you would have scored more goals. But because of a stupid decision by coach Long (moving me back to sweeper and help control the whole team), you weren't nearly as affective! Hey, thanks a lot coach; such a stupid idea! We only won the State Championship because of defense, or catenaccio!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Correction to above post: We have been playing soccer TOGETHER for 4 years. I have played since I was 5, while Burke, I think, about 6 or 7 years old when he started. And believe me, that extra year or two really shows in MY form; I am miles ahead of him!

slack

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
Slack that got be one of the best post I ever read from this board with exception being some interesting rumor Argentinian fellow posted back in Jan. :thumb:.

Articulate & right at the point though I still like to disagree with whether Depor deserve their on CL Semi over two legs (Mainly due to some commical lines-man in the first leg :p).
Nonetheless, your point is valid, and certainly explains some of the success of so called lesser squads of Depor, Porto, and Monaco.
Skill level is never totally absolute, it is more quasi-absolute-relative which means that it differs significantly depending on the environment hence creating "right" team is critically to team's success.

Anyway as you have said we probably need to re-design our midfield because 1) Nedved could leave 2) We will certainly revamp our defense.
This means that midfield will have to be fundamentally re-created taking into account of defense and attack.
Milan's system requires two fullbacks to push forward and provide width; a classic example why midfield can never considered separately from the design of whole system.

This means that we should pick a player to build around - a players that could give us color and characteristics, and surround them with complementary players. (I know that you and & I will disagree whether Trez is fundamental to the team or not but kudos to him, I think he has been one of our better players this year :D).
Furthermore, I would like new coach *cough* Deschamp to come in this year not next or 2 years time so he can start from scratch and bring in some players that he wants not Lippi's men.

Anyway I do not think we can buy whole new set of midfielders which means that we may have to work with one or two of our projects and hope they improve cough* Appiah, or rediscover form, and complement them with class of straneri a la Rosicky & Aimar. Dont really know about the coaches with the exception of Ventrone, but it seems we need get new ones if what you are saying is correct.
Thanks dude and good to see you back! :D

You raised good points on team rebuilding but I think its almost a certainty that Lippi will be staying. I've a feeling that there are already a few done deals (Kapo, Jankulovski maybe Pizarro) and a few in the process of being completed. Economically, there will be a singlemost important event which will significantly affect all European transfers this summer : Euro2004. That will be the biggest shopping window of the year. Its anyone's guess who will star and fetch a good price and who won't. From Moggi's point of view, he'd be anxious to wrap things up for prospects (ie Trez in Euro2000 and Jankulovski now) before inflation sets in. Its very much a sellers' market and those who're holding good cards will be stalling all offers until after the competition. In that sense, options / pre-agreements to a variable sum will most likely be the solution Moggi's working on. In any case, its unlikely that we'll know of anything until after the whole thing is over. Very exciting times ahead ;)

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sIAMO nOI jUVE! ] ++
I want Lippi to stay :)
This is the right words, sIAMO nOI jUVE. Lippi has been an important reason behind Juve’s success in the last 10 years. He can do more for the team. This year there was a lot of changes in the team. His tactics did not suit the players and the game, but at least he knows his mistakes and I am sure he will do better next year … insha’llah

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i want lippi to stay too.but he will have to make sure he is willing to change his lineup and mentality a little,and be a little more bold with gameplans n stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)