Any defensive midfielder? (1 Viewer)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
i dun understand why people comparing Tacchinardi to Emerson.... Emerson is a passing midfielder ala maresca.... in Roma , Dacourt is doing Tacchinardi's works. :undecide:

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
Emerson is a defensive midfielder - he usually operates in front of the defence.

Dacourt and Emerson are quite similar and that allows Emerson to sometimes come forward more.

Like Tacchi, Emerson is defensive minded.

Unlike Tacchi, Emerson can pass and create as well.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Monkfish ] ++
Emerson is a defensive midfielder - he usually operates in front of the defence.

Dacourt and Emerson are quite similar and that allows Emerson to sometimes come forward more.

Like Tacchi, Emerson is defensive minded.

Unlike Tacchi, Emerson can pass and create as well.

man.. so u actually think Emerson is covering up Chivu and Samuel while Dacourt is running around starting the attack? :eek: ..we have totally different view of the game...

IMO TAcchi is more solid and defensive minded than Emerson... i would always felt felt much safer if a player who dont think much about attack and covering the defense in that position... Emerson have the vision and technical ability to be use in attack and should be used more in that area..

Emerson can pass and create , good for him, but like Dacourt, its not a ptoblem concern to Tacchinardi...

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
Emerson doesn't 'cover up' Samuel and Chivu, I never said he did - that's the job of a sweeper!

I said he is a defensive midfielder - which he is.

++ [ originally posted by aressandro 10 ] ++

IMO TAcchi is more solid and defensive minded than Emerson...
Tacchi more solid than Emerson??:howler:

We certainly do have a different view of the game!!

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

more or less my idea as well.... although i dont think Maresca is that technically gifted to be give the free role .. we need dribllers to open up defense and Maresca is not one of those..he is just a passing midfielder... boy how i wish zambrotta is a midfielder now.... i put that as one of the reasons our midfield crumbled this season...
I beleive Maresca is very technically gifted, and would be able to open defences.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Monkfish ] ++
Emerson doesn't 'cover up' Samuel and Chivu, I never said he did - that's the job of a sweeper!

I said he is a defensive midfielder - which he is.
:wallbang: .. come on man....you know what i mean.... covering up the defense from the opponents attack... being a stopper... leaving the defense only to clean thing up..sitting just in front of the defense...thats what Tacchinardi do... not really like Emerson who woulld go all the way up to help the attack while Dacourt covering the defense behind...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Back on the note that someone made about how Roma have their best players up the middle. Yeah, they have strength up the middle with Samuel, Emerson, and Totti, which is important. But what have they won in the past three years? What..........absolutely nothing. So you must have quality players in every position to win, its no fluke. We won the Scudetto the past two years, and Tacchinardi was great in those years. Maybe this year it was just an off year for Taccha, as him and Appiah are trying to figure out a partnership. What I am saying is that we should give Appiah another chance. Look at how Nedved played his first year. IMO he was not that good, specificly because he was given a new role. All Appiah can do is improve, kind of like Davids after coming from Milan. Appiah did not get to Juve based on this crap he has been playing. But he will improve, you can bet on it.

With Appiah improving and Moggi bringing back Blasi and Brighi, there is no sense to getting another defensive midfielder. I think that a Maresca-Tacchi combo could very much work in midfield. Tacchi will be the holding middy, almost like a stopper, and Maresca will have freedom to roam around central midfield. I like Maresca cuz he has the passing ability to add alot to the team, something that we have been lacking, which is midfield possesion.

I think the more important player that needs to be brought in is another playermaker. Rosicky, Diego, Robinho, whoever, just someone to control the style and flow for Juve. As you know Nedved is not a natural playmaker, so he cannot get the job done. All great teams need a natural playmaker to succeed, and Milan has about 3. We have none. I think if we bring in a natural playmaker, the midfield problem would be solved and we would get back to winning trophies:

Maresca------Tacchinardi------Nedved

---------------Rosicky or Diego----------

This midfield would create so many chances for Trez that all he can do is score.

If a natural playmaker is not brought in, then Moggi better get Evra to move Zambrotta back into his RM position. I have been thinking about this constantly and if Evra comes, Zambro could provide better attacking and defensive skills into midfield than Camo. Another thing we could do, but I am not sure, is put Zambro at RIGHT BACK with Evra at left back. This would allow Thuram to play his favorite center back pos. This would only be the case if Moggi only buys Evra and another CB.

But I think our Juve lacks creativity, therefore we have trouble creating chances. Not creating chances means not having possesion and not scoring. Lack of possesion translates into more pressure on the defense. More pressure on the defense means more goals against (greater probability). And all of this translates into this season, a crappy, trophyless season.

Jul 28, 2002
Zambro imo can play 4 positions. rb/lb, rm/lm....imo he would be an amazing wing back in the cafu mold.

Zambo can play anywhere for us, but id only substitue hi at left back for evra or better, and id prefer trabelsi at left back.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
What do you mean, he would be an amazing wing back? Isn't that the role he's currently playing at LB? I'm not entirely convinced about Zambro's ability to play RB. He's versatile and all, but it's not safe to make assumptions before we see him in the role. He can probably do it, but it's risky to just throw him in the deep end and expect him to play great from the outset

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++
Back on the note that someone made about how Roma have their best players up the middle. Yeah, they have strength up the middle with Samuel, Emerson, and Totti, which is important. But what have they won in the past three years? What..........absolutely nothing. So you must have quality players in every position to win, its no fluke. We won the Scudetto the past two years, and Tacchinardi was great in those years. Maybe this year it was just an off year for Taccha, as him and Appiah are trying to figure out a partnership. What I am saying is that we should give Appiah another chance. Look at how Nedved played his first year. IMO he was not that good, specificly because he was given a new role. All Appiah can do is improve, kind of like Davids after coming from Milan. Appiah did not get to Juve based on this crap he has been playing. But he will improve, you can bet on it.

With Appiah improving and Moggi bringing back Blasi and Brighi, there is no sense to getting another defensive midfielder. I think that a Maresca-Tacchi combo could very much work in midfield. Tacchi will be the holding middy, almost like a stopper, and Maresca will have freedom to roam around central midfield. I like Maresca cuz he has the passing ability to add alot to the team, something that we have been lacking, which is midfield possesion.

I think the more important player that needs to be brought in is another playermaker. Rosicky, Diego, Robinho, whoever, just someone to control the style and flow for Juve. As you know Nedved is not a natural playmaker, so he cannot get the job done. All great teams need a natural playmaker to succeed, and Milan has about 3. We have none. I think if we bring in a natural playmaker, the midfield problem would be solved and we would get back to winning trophies:

Maresca------Tacchinardi------Nedved

---------------Rosicky or Diego----------

This midfield would create so many chances for Trez that all he can do is score.

If a natural playmaker is not brought in, then Moggi better get Evra to move Zambrotta back into his RM position. I have been thinking about this constantly and if Evra comes, Zambro could provide better attacking and defensive skills into midfield than Camo. Another thing we could do, but I am not sure, is put Zambro at RIGHT BACK with Evra at left back. This would allow Thuram to play his favorite center back pos. This would only be the case if Moggi only buys Evra and another CB.

But I think our Juve lacks creativity, therefore we have trouble creating chances. Not creating chances means not having possesion and not scoring. Lack of possesion translates into more pressure on the defense. More pressure on the defense means more goals against (greater probability). And all of this translates into this season, a crappy, trophyless season.
my opinion exactly....

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
You think this was just an off season for Tacchi? I don't think so. I've lost count of the number of times he has resorted to fouling the opposition just because that is the only way he has of stopping them. The Roma game especially, his performance was embarrassing - he committed foul after foul because he had no answer to their skill and movement.

I think he was poor this season because Davids wasn't alongside him to 'carry' him - not because he had an off season. Seems strange that the first season without Davids - Tacchi has been awful. I don't think it's coincidental.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
hmm.... i dont think most coach complain when their DM fouls players. Its a good way to stop opponents attack and to show that your are not intimidated by their skill... to stamp their mark in the midfield..as long as you dont get sent off that is. And i dont think Tacchinardi is red carded too much this season..

and secondly , why with all the thinking that Davids 'carry' Tacchinardi and shite.. They both succeed to develope a succesful combination all this years... its called teamwork..partnership.. both player carry one another....they both need each other to make the great partnership... why give the credit to one player only?... in fact the way i see it,with Davids absence and his lack of inspiration to play in the last two season or so, Tacchi have been the most influential player in midfield of the two.... they played with each other for a long time... the transition from Edgar Davis to the crappy Stephan Appiah certainly took time... Stephan Appiah low ball possessing quality also dont help very much.....

i seriously dont think Tacchinardi played awful individually this season. He just failed to form any partnership with Appiah... Even if Tacchi did played awful, why he alone receive the stick...in case u didnt notice all the players drop some levels this season...

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
Moggi said that Blasi and Brighi are coming back.
Indeed. And that makes it very unlikely that we would buy a defensive midfielder. I don't think that we need to buy a DM. We've got a bunch of good young players at the position, one of them has to pan out.

Jul 28, 2002
unfortuantely it seems we have invested more in the dm position than anywhere else....they still dont seem to be 100 percent correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)