Antonio Conte (37 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
The contrast between his management and Sarri's can't be made any clearer than what we have seen thus far. One coach has very poor resources available to him and is getting 300% out of them. The other has a wealth of resources and is getting 30% of their potential out of them. Oh how I wish we got Conte and they got Sarri.

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
The contrast between his management and Sarri's can't be made any clearer than what we have seen thus far. One coach has very poor resources available to him and is getting 300% out of them. The other has a wealth of resources and is getting 30% of their potential out of them. Oh how I wish we got Conte and they got Sarri.
did you follow inda's glorious cl run at 300%?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I did. That squad is obviously punching above its weight despite the CL exit.
they do in the league. but in the cl, they bottled a 2 goal lead vs dortmund, couldn't beat the czech champions at home, and lost to barcelona reserves who had nothing to play for. that's a clear pattern which echoes juve's 2nd cl season with conte.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
This is bollocks. Inda has spent shitload of money, especially in comparison to their revenue.

Poor Inter and Conte have to manage on a tight budget. Lukaku alone was a 80m signing. Oh, how poor they are.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
This is bollocks. Inda has spent shitload of money, especially in comparison to their revenue.

Poor Inter and Conte have to manage on a tight budget. Lukaku alone was a 80m signing. Oh, how poor they are.
Not sure how spend relative to revenue is relevant to whether he is doing great with the resources he has. If you look at this squad and think they should compete for Serie A and qualify from the CL in a group with Barca and Dortmund then I don't know what to say to you. I hope you dont turn around and complain that our midfield or squad isnt good enough.

- - - Updated - - -

they do in the league. but in the cl, they bottled a 2 goal lead vs dortmund, couldn't beat the czech champions at home, and lost to barcelona reserves who had nothing to play for. that's a clear pattern which echoes juve's 2nd cl season with conte.
Dortmund is a better club. And this is a squad spread extremely thin with zero depth and a bunch of unknowns playing every game. And matching this Juve in the league is no easy feat.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I did. That squad is obviously punching above its weight despite the CL exit.
Yes, failing to beat Sparta at home is punching above their weight. Are u fucking serious? Conte had a worldclass squad here in his last season and couldnt beat Danish amateurs. Then Master took over and we played in final in the following year. Im glad we moved on from him, since in CL his approach to the games clearly doesnt work. He also whinnes alot, underrates his players, he preferrs being an underdog... hence I could never imagine Conte being at helm of Real or current Juve, where a minor failure, is scrutinized. Stakes are high over here at top clubs so we need characters who can cope up with it, that wont look for excuses, that are able to reflect and try different methods, etc...

Last edited:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Yes, failing to beat Sparta at home is punching above their weight. Are u fucking serious? Conte had a worldclass squad here in his last season and couldnt beat Danish amateurs. Then Master took over and we played in final in the following year. Im glad we moved on from him, since in CL his approach to the games clearly doesnt work. He also whinnes alot, underrates his players, he preferrs being an underdog... hence I could never imagine Conte being at helm of Real or current Juve, where a minor failure, is scrutinized. Stakes are high over here at top clubs so we need characters who can cope up with it, that wont look for excuses, that are able to reflect and try different methods, etc...

Thats not how form in football works. When a squad is very thin and is overworked, then winning consecutive games against smaller clubs becomes more difficult even though they are better equipped than the smaller squads. Thats why no teams no matter how world class their squad is wins 100% of the games. Punching above your weight does NOT entail that you never draw or lose to lesser opponents.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Genuine question; if he is sacked at the end of the year, will he be reinducted into the legends section? Or has the damage become irreversible?
He should be removed indefinitely.
He made his bed. Let him sleep in it.
He obviously didn't go there for the money, since he took a Chelsea settlement.
His goal is to dethrone Juve because he probably has a bone to pick with agnelli and Co., like beppe.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
If he'd just badmouthed our owners it would have been fine

Hell if he had took the Napoli/Milan etc job he'd still be a legend in my books even if I'd be actively rooting for him to fail.

But you can't be going to the club that tried to fucking destroy Juve and had years of dominance at our expense. Sure the Inter ownership has changed but it's way too soon.

Not a legend. Plus imo part of being a legend is how you conduct yourself and fucking off late in the summer leaving us panicking was a dick move.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Him and Conte are the two figures that took this team from the gutter back to the top. Beppe even oversaw the good part of the Allegri Era. We'd be like Milan is now without these two.

Beppe's genius super cheap transfer deals and Conte's utilization of mediocre players at 200% of their ability were the vehicles of our recovery as a club. We didnt just recover thanks to them, we are having our greatest period of dominance in Italy thanks to their work. Unless they create another calciopoli and kick us back into the gutter, nothing can undo what these guys did for the club.

Sure I am upset they now work for Inter but lets also not forget that we sacked one and rejected the other for Sarri.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Conte plays down Inter transfer talk

Antonio Conte insists that Inter do not have a great deal of money to spent and will have to rely on 'wit' to achieve their goals.

Amid ongoing links to high-profile players such as Christian Eriksen, the former Chelsea boss told reporters:

"There is not much money, the director has been clear. We must be good at finding situations that can bring us benefits.

"We must find cheap opportunities, otherwise I see it being hard. The ideas are there, if there is the possibility, we will improve.

"What you can't get with money you have to get with intelligence and wit."

This is very different with eat in 100 euro restaurant with a cent. Now he contend with it

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Him and Conte are the two figures that took this team from the gutter back to the top. Beppe even oversaw the good part of the Allegri Era. We'd be like Milan is now without these two.

Beppe's genius super cheap transfer deals and Conte's utilization of mediocre players at 200% of their ability were the vehicles of our recovery as a club. We didnt just recover thanks to them, we are having our greatest period of dominance in Italy thanks to their work. Unless they create another calciopoli and kick us back into the gutter, nothing can undo what these guys did for the club.

Sure I am upset they now work for Inter but lets also not forget that we sacked one and rejected the other for Sarri.
Beppe is a legend. But Beppe doesn't have the same history with Juventus as Conte, simply is that. Beppe is a gunslinger, a professional, he did his job and we let him walk. End of story. Conte was something much-much bigger, blood of blood.

They are both legends in my book. Conte is just a bitch also, that's all.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
onte can't complain now
Antonio Conte can no longer complain at a lack of options, argues Emmet Gates, as Inter are giving the moaning coach everything he asks for.

“We are talking about players who, apart from Diego Godin, have never won anything. Who do we turn to? Nicolò Barella, who has come from Cagliari? Or Stefano Sensi, who came from Sassuolo?”
These are perhaps Antonio Conte’s most infamous words of the season. Bellowed in the aftermath of Inter’s 3-2 defeat to Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League in November, it was Conte at his crabbiest: bemoaning a lack of alternatives in his squad.
We have been down this road before with him. Conte’s now notoriously ill-judged line about ‘not being able to eat in a €100 restaurant with €10’ whilst in charge of Juventus will live long in the memory of Bianconeri fans, who use the comment as a stick to bait him with regarding his poor Champions League record. If there was a championship for moaning, Conte would be among the favourites: the man simply likes to complain.
Yet as the news filters through this week that Inter have signed Ashley Young from Manchester United, Victor Moses is having his medical today, Olivier Giroud is waiting and Tottenham’s Christian Eriksen raring to go, Conte can no longer grumble about signing players from Sassuolo and Cagliari.
This is a clear statement of intent from the Nerazzurri. They’re pushing the boat out now in order to wrestle the Scudetto from Juve, if that hadn’t been clear beforehand.
Conte is in many ways what vintage Jose Mourinho was; all for the here and the now. Forget fanciful plans of developing players over a prolonged period of time, and perhaps winning something two or three years down the road. Now is what matters.
This is epitomised in the signings of Young and Giroud. The former will be 35 in July, whilst the latter turned 33 last September. Both players don’t exactly scream youth movement.
Both players in theory should help the Nerazzurri out in the short-term. Giroud will alleviate the pressure from Romelu Lukaku’s shoulders. The Belgian has barely missed a game this season, only Samir Handanovic, Milan Skriniar and Marcelo Brozovic have clocked up more minutes than Lukaku. Inter have a realistic shot at winning the Europa League (should they take it seriously), so Giroud will provide a physical threat that Lautaro Martinez, Alexis Sanchez and youngster Sebastiano Esposito simply don’t have.
Young meanwhile is thought to have been demanded by Conte due to the full-back’s versatility. With Conte wedded to a 3-5-2 system, Young’s endless amounts of energy, not to mention his ability to play on either flank, will provide an extra source of creativity to a side that can at times look void of any. The England international remarkably sits 13th in the all-time Premier League assists table.
Perhaps sensing that his old side are a little vulnerable, not as invincible as in previous years, like a boxer in the latter rounds of a fight, Conte is now going in for the jugular.
Can the signings of Giroud and Young take Inter across the finish line and end their decade-long wait for major silverware? If they don’t, he certainly can’t say it’s due to signings from Cagliari and Sassuolo.

Juventus 1897

Apr 4, 2013
I will try to represent in matter of life situation Beppe and Conte story, a situation that every man has an opinion, every man has its own view and every man has its own way of judging, of behaving and analyzing, but I think most of us or all of those who watched Juventus at least since these guys are around felt disgust, at first sight, yes of course, as I said every man reacts differently, but every man got his own Ego and as I said I felt disgusted when I heard and seen them there. Now, as the time goes further, it.s clear they contributed a lot to what Juventus has become, there is no way to deny that, to question their character, yea, that.s what you can do it, to question their resources and abilities, y even that, but at their time here, they made the right things at least till a point, where they didnt really know how to continue, to manage their situation and club situation, as some people would say here werent class enough, it.s very important the way you leave, that.s a very important idea for me in life, the way you address, even to the most filthy person you got to see, the way you behave in crisis situations or the things come out like something you wouldnt have thinking about, and y, you dont fit there anymore, you are the wrong pattern, you rather try your best to change and fit or you have to change the environment. Conte chose, his ownchoice, the second part of last phrase, and this will be difference, also he left not really in brightest gentlemen conditions, also wat i think is judge a friend of how they behave with your enemy, bcuz that enemy is what youc an become for them, in my books life is not really divided in terms of friends and enemies, is divided in people you can trust or not, but who you can fully trust in this world? You can say that those you can trust are those close relatated to you, but exactly there is the unexpected punch and danger, the back stabbing. So let.s imagine a story where all of us we are represented by Eugenio, Eugenio is every of us, he creates a company along side his brother Enrico, but let.s say that Enrico suffers an accident and dies, after series of bad investments Eugenio losses the power he had and drops in the lists of companies, but he meets Antonio and together with him he hires and gets the best people and he club who will bring this company to the highest level, like it never been before, then Antonio leaves the company, after 2 years a bribed milanese guy with some rival companies Massimo, on his name, he is devastated by the fact that as much as he is spending is still in Eugenio.s brand shadow. So he decides to intent a process with the help of police, tribunal and finance administrators, Eugenio is condamned to prison for 10 years at first, his actions are sold for nothing to Massimo company, he loses the best people who are taken by Massimo, his company is a ruin, his image is ruined, Massimo is saw as the saviour. After the appeal he gets 4 years in jail, he losses most of the actions, but some people are still there, they have to sell most of the things, cuz there is no money, they take from zero again, another location, some devoted people to Eugenio rebrand the company and bring it back to a visible level, from the ashes they rise again, Eugenio finally gets out of the prison and meets Giuseppina, his future wife, who helps him immediately after he gets out of the jail, the things go better after Eugenio is reunited with his old and good friend Antonio, and together with Giuseppina he gets the support needed to rebuild the company, also gets support of Pawel, a guy that remained near the company in the toughest moments, along Luigi and Alex. Alex is old now and his conract is terminated immediately by Giuseppina and Antonio, although he is the man who along Luigi, Mauro, Davide, Pawel kept this company alive. After the company starts have success again, Massimo company who dominated market after Eugenio was sentenced, and reached the number 1 spot in the world now struggles and they became a mid market company, they sold actions and lost best people. After a while Antonio starts whining that there you cant do anymore at this company, they will never reach again those highs they reached when he was young alongside his friend, they can be the best company in the country, but they wont come close to the best in Europe and World, so after he is spreading little talking and degenerates the image of the club in press he leaves when he was assigned with important function for the new market transactions season. He is immediately replaced by Max, who with the same people and resources gets the company n2 in Europe and World and then maintains his level for another years, Giuseppina starts making some bad moves and is criticised by Eugenio, who is tired and he wants with any price to be number 1 again, he starts to favour out on company Fabiana, Giuseppina guidance. Giuseppina is not anymore in spotlight, as Fabiana does a great deal to bring the mastermind of World no 1 company, a move that creates hysteria, Giuseppina accuses Eugenio of bad behaviour and having more than a professional relationship to Fabiana, as she accuses him of betrayal she undergoes the divorce, Eugenio kicks Giuseppina out of the company as he terminates her contract. Giuseppina is immediately going to his old and fierceful rival Massimo, and becomes the new director of company, they also bring Antonio, the former friend of Eugenio, who didnt talk with him since he left the company, they bring Massimo company on a much better level, second the best in country, only after Eugenio, as the battlecontinues between them, with Massimo now having a relation with Giuseppina and Antonio being his confident and both decisive people in the company, Eugenio still enjoys succes as his company are looking for becoming the top company in Europe. In a recent interview Giuseppina just pointed out that everything Massimo did was right and the process that happened 14 years ago was completely fair as they are the only 100% clean company (Massimo company), Massimo now sold the company and is enjoying his relation with Giuseppina.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)