Antonio Conte (47 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
:rofl:

Scam coach ... I start to believe our run with him because of the players we had especially Pirlo, he is just good motivator with no tactical clues
:lol: say whatever you want about him now but you cannot take away what he did in his coaching time here, do people even remember where we were before he came?
He is anything but a 'scam coach', he has had success here, won the title at Chelsea, His Italy squad played well past their ability levels, and Inter are looking the best they have in recent times.

he has his flaws obviously, every coach does, but he is the furthest thing from a Scam coach

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Two things that struck me from his interview:
The pr guy / director that told him to smile more or speak about growth process clearly doesnt know Conte
And is he trying to imply that they should focus on one competition?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Two things that struck me from his interview:
The pr guy / director that told him to smile more or speak about growth process clearly doesnt know Conte
And is he trying to imply that they should focus on one competition?
"They tell me that I should smile more on television. I should always say the same things, the growth process, taking it step by step, so just ask me some questions and I’ll try to answer."

we all know that it's aimed at :beppe2:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
"They tell me that I should smile more on television. I should always say the same things, the growth process, taking it step by step, so just ask me some questions and I’ll try to answer."

we all know that it's aimed at :beppe2:
My impression is that Beppster is too smart to provoke Tonio like that. The content is 100% Beppe, but it feels like Tonio is pissed off about some marketing people, probably chinese :D

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
My impression is that Beppster is too smart to provoke Tonio like that. The content is 100% Beppe, but it feels like Tonio is pissed off about some marketing people, probably chinese :D
https://www.inter.it/en/organigramma

only the board has some chinese, but the board usually won't bother with operative duties, and especially not with communication. that quote screams marotta and echoes everything beppe said since his appointment.

i'd be curious to see the next beppe-tonio meeting, it must be fun. odds are conte already offered his resignation in informal meetings. he's such a drama queen.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
i'd be curious to see the next beppe-tonio meeting, it must be fun. odds are conte already offered his resignation in informal meetings. he's such a drama queen.
Marotta probably just smiles and nods, already plotting Conte's successor after Conte does the dirty work to bring Inter up a level in Italy.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Something snapped in his head from the beginning of the 2013/14 season onwards. That time he was whinging about losing players like Giaccherini, then the €10 comments, to quitting because we didn’t sign Iturbe. Then he acted like an absolute hypocritical asshole when coaching the NT, annoyed that club coaches didn’t want to send players away on training camps through the season - something he complained about when coaching Juventus. Then his brain-snap and civil war with certain players and the board at Chelsea, now to this scenario at Inter. He’s completely lost the plot.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Something snapped in his head from the beginning of the 2013/14 season onwards. That time he was whinging about losing players like Giaccherini, then the €10 comments, to quitting because we didn’t sign Iturbe. Then he acted like an absolute hypocritical asshole when coaching the NT, annoyed that club coaches didn’t want to send players away on training camps through the season - something he complained about when coaching Juventus. Then his brain-snap and civil war with certain players and the board at Chelsea, now to this scenario at Inter. He’s completely lost the plot.
Some people are just whiners. That's why I always preferred Allegri to Conte, he never complained and got the job done with whatever given.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
That was unbelievable, like literally "my players are shit". Fuck him.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
That was unbelievable, like literally "my players are shit". Fuck him.
Yep. That’s when I began to lose faith in him. Basically threw his players under the bus and said they weren’t good enough. And then Allegri takes basically the same team (+Morata and Evra) to within 45 mins of the treble a year later. Lol.

And the debacle of the Serie A record points when we had an opportunity to win a European trophy at our home ground.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Some people are just whiners. That's why I always preferred Allegri to Conte, he never complained and got the job done with whatever given.
even allegri complained at milan. sarri also whined everywhere, except at juve (at least so far).

it's part of the the corporate policy at juventus: this club simply doesn't allow whining. self reflection is more important here than putting the blame on someone else.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
even allegri complained at milan. sarri also whined everywhere, except at juve (at least so far).

it's part of the the corporate policy at juventus: this club simply doesn't allow whining. self reflection is more important here than putting the blame on someone else.
Conte didn’t get the memo in the 13/14 season. Non-stop whining all season about the mercato, quality of his players, referees, everyone.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Yep. That’s when I began to lose faith in him. Basically threw his players under the bus and said they weren’t good enough. And then Allegri takes basically the same team (+Morata and Evra) to within 45 mins of the treble a year later. Lol.

And the debacle of the Serie A record points when we had an opportunity to win a European trophy at our home ground.
so many coaches won the uefa cup. nobody surpassed 100 points. he's got his own chapter in the history books. :baus:

- - - Updated - - -

Conte didn’t get the memo in the 13/14 season. Non-stop whining all season about the mercato, quality of his players, referees, everyone.
well, yeah... that divorce was hardly a surprise in itself. the style and the timing of it was odd though.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
so many coaches won the uefa cup. nobody surpassed 100 points. he's got his own chapter in the history books. :baus:

- - - Updated - - -

well, yeah... that divorce was hardly a surprise in itself. the style and the timing of it was odd though.
True, but fuck that.
If I'm not mistaken no club had won 4 ELs back then either.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
:lol: say whatever you want about him now but you cannot take away what he did in his coaching time here, do people even remember where we were before he came?
He is anything but a 'scam coach', he has had success here, won the title at Chelsea, His Italy squad played well past their ability levels, and Inter are looking the best they have in recent times.

he has his flaws obviously, every coach does, but he is the furthest thing from a Scam coach
Fantastic coach in he’s own right. I dont think any coach other than maybe Simeone will be able to take a slightly above average squad and make them title contenters right away.

He is such a toxic personality, that he’s coaching abilities is not worth hiring him. He is only going to stay for 1-2 years, before leaving in dramatik fashion no matter were he goes.

- - - Updated - - -

He whined all the time when he was here. Especially in he’s second and third season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)