Antonio Conte (35 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
btw conte already started bitching about his squad. he's the best paid coach in the league, his club invested the most out of all serie a clubs during the summer, and he said that it's always the same players who play, they'll have to do something about it and they'll need further reinforcements. it's gonna be interesting to read his post-match comments in january when his tired squad will start to drop points on a regular basis against minnows :numnum:

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
btw conte already started bitching about his squad. he's the best paid coach in the league, his club invested the most out of all serie a clubs during the summer, and he said that it's always the same players who play, they'll have to do something about it and they'll need further reinforcements. it's gonna be interesting to read his post-match comments in january when his tired squad will start to drop points on a regular basis against minnows :numnum:
"Remember where we came from"

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
But he is kinda right tho, they have no depth at all in attack and their central midfield option cant handle 2 competition schedule. Brozo gets tired and no one can replace his role. Barella and Sensi cant get tired or injured because skill wise or tactically scrubs like Gagliardini cant do half the job. Couldn't didnt want to keep Vecino or Borja at all.

For this formation they have they have no depth really. Marotta should released Conte will only insist with this set up and given him more midfielders and a quality attacker.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
But he is kinda right tho, they have no depth at all in attack and their central midfield option cant handle 2 competition schedule. Brozo gets tired and no one can replace his role. Barella and Sensi cant get tired or injured because skill wise or tactically scrubs like Gagliardini cant do half the job. Couldn't didnt want to keep Vecino or Borja at all.

For this formation they have they have no depth really. Marotta should released Conte will only insist with this set up and given him more midfielders and a quality attacker.
we don't have a proper pjanic replacement either, nor a vice bonucci with his passing range, not to mention players like cr or dybala. we literally have one single left back, and without costa being available, we're basically forced to switch formation, leaving us with a completely out of form bernardeschi as our only available trequartista. tuz would crucify sarri if he started to bitch about depth though. and rightfully so.

also, nobody forces conte to play 3-5-2. 4-4-2 would give him the option to rest godin and a cm, while leaving both lukaku and martinez on the pitch. against mid-table teams feeding lukaku and defending like a maniac should be enough with either of these formations.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You are only right about no one forcing Conte to play only 352, he has politano and couple others he can change to 433 when it's a must but he wont do it.

But please dont compare our depth to theirs, its night and day. Besides fullbacks we are a seriously stacked team.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
You are only right about no one forcing Conte to play only 352, he has politano and couple others he can change to 433 when it's a must but he wont do it.

But please dont compare our depth to theirs, its night and day. Besides fullbacks we are a seriously stacked team.
it's not about comparing the two squads. no squad is perfectly complete. my point is that conte has every possibility to overcome their difficulties, and he shouldn't start complaining 2 months into the season. at least i'd be pissed if he was our coach and he did the same.

i never heard gasperini publicly taking a dig at the squad at his disposal. i prefer that approach.

btw 4-3-3 without sanchez would mean both politano and candreva on the pitch, and one of lukaku and martinez on the bench...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I dislike his complaining nature, but there still a point to it. Even if he was quiet it would be true, they have a squad to compete for league but not 2 fronts, especially for Contes stubborn 352. That's the reason I laughed at people being afraid of them for the league, their squad is paper thin for 2 competitions. Their backup CB is Bastoni, their backup CF is a 17 year old weak Esposito or a Politano who cant play in attack. The difference between starting CMs and backups are HUGE. That's why they are rumoured with Rakitic, Vidal and Matic in January.

I mentioned 433 in case Lukaku or Martinez are injured or need rest. You cant force Politano to play CF, change things up.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)