Antonio Conte (57 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
I dont like him especially when he was leading us in CL, he was tactically - rigid and he wants the club to spend without thinking of the club means ... i think he did the same with chelsea. I love Alegri since his Milan time especially in CL, he create something out of nothing and very flexible. Wish he stays like Fergi - MU

burn in hell Conti with your arrogance , i was happy how Mourinho treated him.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I dont like him especially when he was leading us in CL, he was tactically - rigid and he wants the club to spend without thinking of the club means ... i think he did the same with chelsea. I love Alegri since his Milan time especially in CL, he create something out of nothing and very flexible. Wish he stays like Fergi - MU

3x Ban

Juliano13

May 6, 2012

Yeah, screw that Romanista..

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Do no want.

Was too rigid with us, always scapegoated the players when things went south, the 10 euro comment, and finally leaving us in preseason when he knew he was out since our scudetto ceremony...all because of Iturde.

He didnt gave a damn about our economies. He is too self centered.

But i would not like him back mainly because he gets bossed tactically too much and is rigid.

That being said... i loved his first season here, truly enjoyed every minute of it and wished he would be with us forever. Sadly things didint turned out that way.

It was for the better in the end, allegriu is way better than him, even with all his flaws, he is waaaay better than conte.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Fair enough mate you know some insight me I just know little to nothing about the guy only what I've read from some articles and a couple of Napoli matches I've watched. If indeed he does not care that much of buying a couple of 80M players every summer then I think he'll do just fine at Chelsea.

Main reason the board went for him I think it's his style of play to be fair. Apart from Mourinho mark I and Carlo Ancelotti, we've played an ugly brand of football to be honest. Maybe it's time for a big change and it comes in a good moment as this is a season of transition for us we're not playing Champions League football next season so we'll fully concentrate on the league. I also expect a lot of changes in the first team and hopefully Sarri will reshape things, go back to a four man defence etc. It's a season where there is no expectations so as long as he'll be playing expansive football I don't think he is going to have any problems.
He sure plays offensive football and having no CL makes it easier for him considering he often plays the same XI every game.

However, I think teams like MC, MU, TH and Liverpool are much more solid and have a superior XI to Chelsea therefor it might not be wise to have an all out attack manager that doesn't change his game plan to its opoosition or competiton. Unless there will be a major overhaul the quality of the squad in comparison to other sides in the Prem will make it very hard.

Sarri could be a great succes but he could also finish out of the top 4.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Well frankly you'd expect every club to do that not only Chelsea. But for now Conte has been taken of his duties with no intention from the club to pay a compensation and it will go to court 100 percent. Reports coming from the journalists that cover the club say that Chelsea will take it to court as they have lost a lot of money with the Diego Costa situation. As I told you, Diego Costa was an integral part of our team and there was no intention of selling him, nor he did want to leave, everything was perfect between Diego Costa and the club, especially his relationship with the fans was perfect, on par with Hazard's, but Conte acted as he ruled over everybody and banned him to come back for the pre season and listed him for sale on his behalf. I don't know what is going to happen next and I don't care, it's not my money to be honest.

Now in England they have announced Maurizio Sarri and this midfielder Jorginho as done deal. They say Higuain is next on the list and there have been very strong rumours for maybe over a month on this centre back from Juventus, Rugani.

Think this guy Sarri is perfect for the Chelsea board as I read an interview of his a few weeks back in which he said he does not care about the transfer market, he is supposed to work with what the club brings him and improve the respective players. Plus he is an attacking minded coach that Pep Guardiola talked very highly of in England during this year, not only after their matches in Champions League, but also in different interviews he did, he said he thinks that Sarri is probably the closest thing to him in world football as they both share the same vision on how the game should be played and they both put a lot of work on positional play and some other tactics related stuff I can't remember now.
Didn't he want to abandon the club to go to China mid title challenge the previous season? How is that a perfectly integrated and happy relationship?

Conte's demands were not unreasonable. You wanna be a top 4 side and challenge to the title then you gotta more or less match your competitors. You said it yourself, the players he was rumoured to have wanted ended up at City, UTD and Liverpool. Basically the 3 clubs that were competing with Chelsea for the title. All of them got their targets and improved because of it and he got none. They didnt just get their targets they even got HIS targets :lol: If anything he even lost a key player in Matic to one of those competitors.

He had every right to be furious and to feel shafted especially that he got them an unexpected league title and cup final in the first season.. I dont like how public he was with his rants thats where I fault him but the anger underlying those rants is certainly on the board.

- - - Updated - - -

Zidane was extremely lucky to get those results with Real. Judging the qualities of players and managers solely on results is just stupid.
His results are 10/10. No coach comes close.

His style was also pretty attractive. Its not Pep or Klopp attack but still very good to watch.

Who do you rate higher? Allegri has the worst style from all the top coaches followed by Simeone but both get results very well. Zidane has the best results and good style you cant ask for more.

Mar 10, 2009
WΏΏdy?;5800338 said:
OK? I love Conte, he's a legend. But I'd push him down the stairs if it meant us getting Zidane.
Zidane over Conte easy. Conte has yet to prove himself in Europe, which is necessary for a big club these days.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Didn't he want to abandon the club to go to China mid title challenge the previous season? How is that a perfectly integrated and happy relationship?

Conte's demands were not unreasonable. You wanna be a top 4 side and challenge to the title then you gotta more or less match your competitors. You said it yourself, the players he was rumoured to have wanted ended up at City, UTD and Liverpool. Basically the 3 clubs that were competing with Chelsea for the title. All of them got their targets and improved because of it and he got none. They didnt just get their targets they even got HIS targets If anything he even lost a key player in Matic to one of those competitors.

He had every right to be furious and to feel shafted especially that he got them an unexpected league title and cup final in the first season.. I dont like how public he was with his rants thats where I fault him but the anger underlying those rants is certainly on the board.

- - - Updated - - -

His style was also pretty attractive. Its not Pep or Klopp attack but still very good to watch.

Who do you rate higher? Allegri has the worst style from all the top coaches followed by Simeone but both get results very well. Zidane has the best results and good style you cant ask for more.
:tup: on conte.

As for the comparison, I'd rate Allegri higher as he's got a better league record and considering the squad difference he got us to the CL final twice. Zidane knows how to manage big players though. I'd love him as our next coach. It's gonna be interesting to see how Allegri manages Ronaldo and the rest.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Juliano13

May 6, 2012

His results were great but not 10/10, he didn't win the title this season. But I don't judge managers solely on the results of their teams because results are determined by many factors. One of more important and usually overlooked factor is luck, especially in a cup competition.

And how exactly is Allegri's style worse than Simeone's?

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
His results were great but not 10/10, he didn't win the title this season. But I don't judge managers solely on the results of their teams because results are determined by many factors. One of more important and usually overlooked factor is luck, especially in a cup competition.

And how exactly is Allegri's style worse than Simeone's?
10/10 as in better results than any coach in history.

Last season we hit a new low in terms of style but overall they are kinda the same

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)