Antonio Conte (32 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Really italy job and real madrid don't count?
I highly doubt Madrid were ever interested in him and if he was interested in the Italy job it was fairly simple to let his old buddies at FIGC know that he's going to be available soon since there was no doubt about his sacking, Sarri or not. It's like we reach agreement with Can and just wait for his contract to end, it's not like Italy were playing in any tournament and in a hurry.

His only option this summer was and still is AC Milan.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
WΏΏdy?;5807855 said:
I highly doubt Madrid were ever interested in him and if he was interested in the Italy job it was fairly simple to let his old buddies at FIGC know that he's going to be available soon since there was no doubt about his sacking, Sarri or not. It's like we reach agreement with Can and just wait for his contract to end, it's not like Italy were playing in any tournament and in a hurry.

His only option this summer was and still is AC Milan.
You highly doubt? This is based on?

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
like he wasn't aware of his inevitable sacking lol. If he was really that keen about another role, he could have simply offered himself to the club that interested him. It was obvious he was waiting get sacked so he could get his big pay; many Chelsea fans even believed he wanted to get sacked as earlier as April.

Note: I like what he's doing now though lol, I find it hilarious.
It doesn't work that way. If he resigns and Real Madrid, etc pick someone else he's out of a job and out of a pay. "Inevitable sacking" doesn't matter. Of course he wanted a big pay. He's entitled to it contractually. Chelsea waited until all the jobs were taken, then sacked him. He has a case. They could have sacked him months earlier, the situation did not change. It's not as if Chelsea deserves the benefit of the doubt anyway.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
You highly doubt? This is based on?
Two reasons, first is a matter of opinion and that is I don't think Conte's style of management or play suits Madrid, he's always managed big egos well but eventually clashed with them. Madrid is one place where they would repel him right away before hiring him.

Secondly, his relationship with Chelsea had turned poisonous way before the season ended, so if Madrid were interested then no coach in his right mind would stay at Chelsea after the relationships turned sour especially when an offer from Madrid is on the table, a team with unlimited resources and the best in the world. That's every manager's wet dream, and it's not like Conte would have gotten in trouble if he left chelsea for Madrid because afterall that's exactly what chelsea wanted.

So if Madrid offer was on the table Conte would have one leg up Chelsea's ass and run all the way to Madrid on the other leg.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
WΏΏdy?;5807865 said:
Two reasons, first is a matter of opinion and that is I don't think Conte's style of management or play suits Madrid, he's always managed big egos well but eventually clashed with them. Madrid is one place where they would repel him right away before hiring him.

Secondly, his relationship with Chelsea had turned poisonous way before the season ended, so if Madrid were interested then no coach in his right mind would stay at Chelsea after the relationships turned sour especially when an offer from Madrid is on the table, a team with unlimited resources and the best in the world. That's every manager's wet dream, and it's not like Conte would have gotten in trouble if he left chelsea for Madrid because afterall that's exactly what chelsea wanted.

So if Madrid offer was on the table Conte would have one leg up Chelsea's ass and run all the way to Madrid on the other leg.
Or you could sum all of that up with one word: nothing. While objectively speaking, there's more chance they reach out to him than they didn't.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
WΏΏdy?;5807870 said:
Not at all, the second reason I mentioned explains it.

What's your reasoning for Conte not taking the Madrid job if it was offered to him?
We are speaking in concrete terms as in ones that would be used in court, your take on his personality and how it might fit or not is irrelevant.

I think Conte is a really stubborn man, beyond the 10 mil at stake, he was never going to be the one to concede first even if it means turning down madrid.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
We are speaking in concrete terms as in ones that would be used in court, your take on his personality and how it might fit or not is irrelevant.

I think Conte is a really stubborn man, beyond the 10 mil at stake, he was never going to be the one to concede first even if it means turning down madrid.
You are only talking about the first reason which I already said is a matter of opinion.

And I agree with you here, what's going on here is simply Conte being butthurt about his sacking and for the first time being on the other end of being dumped at this level and he was further burnt by chelsea not only sacking him but talking of not paying him and getting all legal about it. It's all talk and power play from both ends, I haven't seen chelsea go to court yet and I'm sure Conte won't either (even though he's stubborn)

You also have to realise he's in EPl, a league where from the toilet cleaner to a reserve player to the best player to the manager, they invent stories out of nothing and make it seem like it's happening, especially when it comes to transfers. There was absolutely no fire to Madrid wanting Conte, hardly a couple of articles even by the pathetic journalism standards of EPL cocksuckers. There were always 4-5 coaches mentioned in Madrid's list and if Conte was mentioned he was last.

So yeah, as stubborn as Conte is I doubt he passed an opportunity to take a huge step up in his career and move to Madrid and instead chose to get into this ugly slugfest with Chelsea which would damage his reputation and career, no man who cares enough to get artificial hair would do that :D So he's not completely nuts.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
WΏΏdy?;5807883 said:
You are only talking about the first reason which I already said is a matter of opinion.

And I agree with you here, what's going on here is simply Conte being butthurt about his sacking and for the first time being on the other end of being dumped at this level and he was further burnt by chelsea not only sacking him but talking of not paying him and getting all legal about it. It's all talk and power play from both ends, I haven't seen chelsea go to court yet and I'm sure Conte won't either (even though he's stubborn)

You also have to realise he's in EPl, a league where from the toilet cleaner to a reserve player to the best player to the manager, they invent stories out of nothing and make it seem like it's happening, especially when it comes to transfers. There was absolutely no fire to Madrid wanting Conte, hardly a couple of articles even by the pathetic journalism standards of EPL cocksuckers. There were always 4-5 coaches mentioned in Madrid's list and if Conte was mentioned he was last.

So yeah, as stubborn as Conte is I doubt he passed an opportunity to take a huge step up in his career and move to Madrid and instead chose to get into this ugly slugfest with Chelsea which would damage his reputation and career, no man who cares enough to get artificial hair would do that :D So he's not completely nuts.
Im sure that would hold up in court :howler:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
WΏΏdy?;5807883 said:

Dude you can write a novel, doesn't change the fact you don't know jack

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Im sure that would hold up in court :howler:
That's irrelevant, no one's discussion tha case or that court, the only argument here is did Madrid offer Conte a job. Since you bring it up though after this dick measuring contest is over its laughable that any of you think either chelsea or Conte would actually go to court or if this case would happen.

Dude you can write a novel, doesn't change the fact you don't know jack
Neither do you, but at least my argument is strong. Your argument is Conte is not only stubborn but a huge idiot and rejected the Madrid job, which I don't believe.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
WΏΏdy?;5808146 said:
That's irrelevant, no one's discussion tha case or that court, the only argument here is did Madrid offer Conte a job. Since you bring it up though after this dick measuring contest is over its laughable that any of you think either chelsea or Conte would actually go to court or if this case would happen.

Neither do you, but at least my argument is strong. Your argument is Conte is not only stubborn but a huge idiot and rejected the Madrid job, which I don't believe.
Lol you are the one challenging his court claim, dude i don't even know why i bother with some of you

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
You mistake me for a Conte hater, I'm not challenging his court claim because I believe no one's going to court and I've said it multiple times so I have no idea where you read that or why some of you keep bringing in the court argument. You felt the need to defend Conte when I wasn't attacking him at all, so you should read back and do wonder why you bother.

My response was to the ones happy on him missing out on the Madrid job linking it to Karma because he walked out on us, all I was saying is he lost nothing in this episode. He's going to get what he wants and that is Chelsea paying him compensation, anything else is bonus.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I’m 100% he didn’t miss Madrid, he’ll never be their coach. All I was trying to say is how all of the sudden he is hurt because Chelsea sacked him 3 days into their pre season, the same shit he did to us.

But to be honest, like you said, I also don’t beleive in the story about him suing Chelsea...

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
If Chelsea refuses to pay him the release clause after sacking him because of the Costa treatment he would be stupid not to sue them. It's ten million pounds.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Rumours intensify that Antonio Conte could be set to replace Gennaro Gattuso in charge of Milan.

Both Gazzetta dello Sport and Corriere dello Sport claim the former Juventus, Italy and Chelsea boss is set to be approached by incoming Rossoneri general manager Leonardo.

Conte is currently out of work, having been dismissed by the Blues earlier this month, meaning he would be available to take charge of the San Siro side immediately.

Should Gattuso exit and Conte arrive, it would continue a summer of sweeping change behind the scenes at Milan.

The club have recently been taken over by American hedge fund Elliott Management, with Leonardo arriving and Ivan Gazidis and Umberto Gandini expected to follow.

Former sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli and ex-CEO Marco Fassone have already departed the club, with speculation increasing that Gattuso could follow.

Should he do so, it appears Conte would be the overwhelming choice of Milan’s new hierarchy to succeed the former Rossoneri midfielder.

The 48-year-old won Serie A three times during his time at Juve, while he lifted the Premier League and FA Cup at Chelsea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)