Antonio Conte (117 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Its not a show. He's a passionate guy, he was like that as a player too.

But yes, I agree fully with the last statement. Allegri has been amazing in the CL, unlike Conte. Allegri had no right to be competing with the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid in Europe, the fact that he's reached two CL finals in four years at Juve is an amazing achievement. Yes, as a Juve fan you'd like to have won at least one of those finals, but the fact is, I doubt many of you expected to reach two finals beating Barcelona and Real Madrid on the way.

Going back to Conte, its ridiculous how managers are evaluated these days. Conte won the league with an almost record number of points last season taking Chelsea from seventh to first. Is he not allowed to have an average year? I would keep him if I were Chelsea, I think overall he's been a good appointment for them.
:tup:

The relationship between Chelsea and Conte is broken though.

Hard to find a better league coach than Conte. This season was an anomaly.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Its not a show. He's a passionate guy, he was like that as a player too.

But yes, I agree fully with the last statement. Allegri has been amazing in the CL, unlike Conte. Allegri had no right to be competing with the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid in Europe, the fact that he's reached two CL finals in four years at Juve is an amazing achievement. Yes, as a Juve fan you'd like to have won at least one of those finals, but the fact is, I doubt many of you expected to reach two finals beating Barcelona and Real Madrid on the way.

Going back to Conte, its ridiculous how managers are evaluated these days. Conte won the league with an almost record number of points last season taking Chelsea from seventh to first. Is he not allowed to have an average year? I would keep him if I were Chelsea, I think overall he's been a good appointment for them.
Arsenal should take him tbh. He will give you a massive boost and make this group into a team that has insane self belief they will punch well above their weight. But careful not to back him up with $$ for transfers the season after. Once he thinks the team hit its ceiling he will hold it back and undermine the same group he got to punch so highly in the first place.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Arsenal should take him tbh. He will give you a massive boost and make this group into a team that has insane self belief they will punch well above their weight. But careful not to back him up with $$ for transfers the season after. Once he thinks the team hit its ceiling he will hold it back and undermine the same group he got to punch so highly in the first place.
would be funny when Conte brings in some tree of a forward and plays just one out of Auba, Lacazette, Wellbeck and Ozil :D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Conte defends Chelsea record
By Football Italia staff

Former Italy CT Antonio Conte defends his record at Chelsea, while aiming a jab at rival Jose Mourinho.

The former Juventus Coach is expected to leave Stamford Bridge at the end of the season, and has been linked with the Napoli job.

“We worked two years and worked very hard to try to build something, to create a base,” Conte said in today’s Press conference when asked if he’d improved the Blues.

“I think you remember. Last season after a 10th place we won the league. It was difficult. We worked very hard, but we won.

“After a 10th place finish. Now, probably, you can finish fifth and start with a bit of an advantage compared to when you finish 10th.”

Conte has repeatedly sparred with Manchester United manager Mourinho this season, and it was he who was in charge at the start of the 2015-16 season when Chelsea came 10th.

“Don't forget two years ago, Chelsea ended the season 10th and not in the FA Cup final, not in the semi-finals of the Carabao Cup and they were eliminated in the last-16 against Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League. It can happen.

“You must know that there is this possibility, because you play in a strong league. For this reason, you have to know this and prepare in the right way.

“There are six top teams at the start of the season ready to fight for a place in the Champions League. It can happen. In the past, it happened the same.”
#rememberwherewecamefrom :touched:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
if PSG doesent pick him up, whats left for him? Milan, inter, Roma all have coaches, Napoli could be it, but they wont give him as much money for transfers as he wants. Shakhtar? Portuguese clubs? China?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
if PSG doesent pick him up, whats left for him? Milan, inter, Roma all have coaches, Napoli could be it, but they wont give him as much money for transfers as he wants. Shakhtar? Portuguese clubs? China?
PSG looks like the only choice IMO, but aren’t they also supposed to getting Tuchel? I don’t see many other big coaching jobs for him next season, wouldn’t surprise me to see him take a year off.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
PSG looks like the only choice IMO, but aren’t they also supposed to getting Tuchel? I don’t see many other big coaching jobs for him next season, wouldn’t surprise me to see him take a year off.
yes, forgot about the Tuchel rumors. another option would be Atletico if they let go of Simeone, but that again leaves his with a short budget. if i was him, id take a BL side, seeing what Tedesco did at Schalke with a 352

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
yes, forgot about the Tuchel rumors. another option would be Atletico if they let go of Simeone, but that again leaves his with a short budget. if i was him, id take a BL side, seeing what Tedesco did at Schalke with a 352
Atletico can't afford him though can they?

Doesn't Simeone get paid almost half of what Conte does right now?

Schalke definitely can't afford Conte's salary.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
For the forever confused anti-Contes:

Pirlo: “The ideal coach in your career? I had extraordinary coaches, from Mazzone who changed my role to Ancelotti another brother but Conte surpasses them all. I was lucky enough to meet him at the right time, after i left Milan in 2011. Conte taught me a lot.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 113)