Antonio Conte (43 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
this is an interesting theory which makes sense. conte will coach one (or both) milan clubs in the future, and montella isn't a high profile coach, so it wouldn't be surprising if conte already had an agreement with milan for the next season.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
this is an interesting theory which makes sense. conte will coach one (or both) milan clubs in the future, and montella isn't a high profile coach, so it wouldn't be surprising if conte already had an agreement with milan for the next season.
I think the two are coincidence, in terms of the theory. That an Italian coach and an Italian club are interested in the same players or kind of players is no real surprise.

I also fully expect Conte to manage one or both of the Milan clubs at some point.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I think the two are coincidence, in terms of the theory. That an Italian coach and an Italian club are interested in the same players or kind of players is no real surprise.

I also fully expect Conte to manage one or both of the Milan clubs at some point.
If the timing is right, he could return to Juve instead. If we're purely speculating, next years WC will surely move some coaches around, inevitably some of the top nations won't do that well and will be looking for a top coach. f.e. if Italy fails FIGC might tempt Ancelotti, Papa Carlo isn't getting any younger and will want to hop that train while he can still train (pun intended). Allegri always wanted to try new football cultures and around that time will probably be at the top of everyone's list, so we might end up looking for a new coach and I don't see anyone better suited to the job

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
If the timing is right, he could return to Juve instead. If we're purely speculating, next years WC will surely move some coaches around, inevitably some of the top nations won't do that well and will be looking for a top coach. f.e. if Italy fails FIGC might tempt Ancelotti, Papa Carlo isn't getting any younger and will want to hop that train while he can still train (pun intended). Allegri always wanted to try new football cultures and around that time will probably be at the top of everyone's list, so we might end up looking for a new coach and I don't see anyone better suited to the job
I'm totally for bringing Conte back if Allegri leaves.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I doubt he'd come back if Marotta and co are here.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I doubt he'd come back if Marotta and co are here.
why not? the way we announced Allegri almost immediately after Conte resigned suggests to me that Conte did not just decide to quit one day and burn all the bridges, I don't think the board holds a grudge. Conte himself maybe does, but he also loves Juve more than grudges I think. Most of Juve fans and players love him, it'd make sense given how superior he is to almost every coach out there, there's only a handful of coaches you could possibly argue that are better than him, given how he destroyed around half of so called top coaches last season in EPL.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
why not? the way we announced Allegri almost immediately after Conte resigned suggests to me that Conte did not just decide to quit one day and burn all the bridges, I don't think the board holds a grudge. Conte himself maybe does, but he also loves Juve more than grudges I think. Most of Juve fans and players love him, it'd make sense given how superior he is to almost every coach out there, there's only a handful of coaches you could possibly argue that are better than him, given how he destroyed around half of so called top coaches last season in EPL.
The board doesn't hold a grudge but I'm pretty sure Conte would expect little to change in terms of recruitment. It's one of the main reasons he went to the PL, and AC Mulan and Inda will also fit that bill.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Odd 'chicken or egg' comments from Conte in regards to young players, given that Chalobah, Aké and Solanke have left this summer:

"The first thing they should have is good patience. Trust the club. Then work very hard to know that to play at this level you must be stronger – and very good.

“Sometimes, young players think they can play easily in the first team, but that’s not true. I have to pick 11 players. Not only me, every coach.”
Then Chelsea spend €40m on Bakayoko, so Chalobah essentially falls further behind in the pecking order.

“I think, honestly, at this moment there is a great difference between the two players (Chalobah and Bakayoko).

“You’re talking about one player who has played with Monaco, who has maybe 100 appearances for that club. He has played in the Champions League and has played regularly. Try to understand the difference before you judge. People who do, don’t understand the difference.”
He defends it by saying that Bakayoko has more experience and has played a higher level, which is undeniable. But surely it's because he is a better quality player, isn't that what he wants to say? Ultimately someone like Chalobah cannot "trust" Chelsea or any other big club with his development, he can only work hard and hope for a miracle or injuries, because a coach is just going to sign another expensive player in his position if it gets thin. How do you get experience at a high level without being given a chance? One has to come first. The long and short of this argument is that Chalobah most probably isn't good enough for Chelsea, but for players in general you have to be outstanding to start for a team as wealthy as Chelsea at a young age, so "working hard" and "having trust" isn't even close to being good enough or fooling anyone.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Odd 'chicken or egg' comments from Conte in regards to young players, given that Chalobah, Aké and Solanke have left this summer:

Then Chelsea spend €40m on Bakayoko, so Chalobah essentially falls further behind in the pecking order.

He defends it by saying that Bakayoko has more experience and has played a higher level, which is undeniable. But surely it's because he is a better quality player, isn't that what he wants to say? Ultimately someone like Chalobah cannot "trust" Chelsea or any other big club with his development, he can only work hard and hope for a miracle or injuries, because a coach is just going to sign another expensive player in his position if it gets thin. How do you get experience at a high level without being given a chance? One has to come first. The long and short of this argument is that Chalobah most probably isn't good enough for Chelsea, but for players in general you have to be outstanding to start for a team as wealthy as Chelsea at a young age, so "working hard" and "having trust" isn't even close to being good enough or fooling anyone.
Or maybe chalobah didn't work hard enough and that's why they went for bakayoko? Conte is one of the most direct coaches as far as players are concerned, he's not scared to tell anyone they are not good enough or they should look for a new club, the players mentioned above are all lil pogbas with the whole locker room dancing, I don't think that impresses il mister.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
The coming season is going to be our first real test without him.
Before him, all there was, was chaos, after him, so far, we only preserved what he left us and rotated wonderfully and managed to get the better results and peaked. Now it is going to be the first real test. The 3 CBs covered by the DMs are gone, will we hold the line?

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
The coming season is going to be our first real test without him.
Before him, all there was, was chaos, after him, so far, we only preserved what he left us and rotated wonderfully and managed to get the better results and peaked. Now it is going to be the first real test. The 3 CBs covered by the DMs are gone, will we hold the line?
We have changed 8 out of 11 players since he left, Bonucci was the 9th but we preserved what he left us?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Or maybe chalobah didn't work hard enough and that's why they went for bakayoko? Conte is one of the most direct coaches as far as players are concerned, he's not scared to tell anyone they are not good enough or they should look for a new club, the players mentioned above are all lil pogbas with the whole locker room dancing, I don't think that impresses il mister.
I don't think it's just that, I expect him to be the sort of coach who wants ready-made players, and experienced players will understand what he wants more both in terms of tactics and attitude.

Chelsea (and Man City) continually have the best youth teams in England, both foreign kids and national ones. They smash teams out of sight.

Last season with U21 players (all competitions, bearing in mind England has the League Cup which absolutely no-one cares about):
Ake - 4 (1)
Loftus-Cheek - 4 (6)
Chalobah - 5 (10)
Aina - 2 (0)
Musonda - 0
Solanke - 0

I'm willing to bet during his Chelsea career that zero players from their youth team go on to become established first team players, regardless of their attitude. It's too difficult at big teams as it is, and Conte is not the type to give young players a head start like Klopp or Wenger would, he wants ready and smart players and it doesn't suit his approach.

The exception for me would be an injury crisis and somebody shining, or if an exceptional player the level of Pogba came through. Even then, very difficult...

It seems most young players now have that stupid social media attitude, so maybe he will just bypass them all :D

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
We have changed 8 out of 11 players since he left, Bonucci was the 9th but we preserved what he left us?
This. Juve hasn't been Conte's team since he left. If Allegri had stability, we'd have won CL

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think it's just that, I expect him to be the sort of coach who wants ready-made players, and experienced players will understand what he wants more both in terms of tactics and attitude.

Chelsea (and Man City) continually have the best youth teams in England, both foreign kids and national ones. They smash teams out of sight.

Last season with U21 players (all competitions, bearing in mind England has the League Cup which absolutely no-one cares about):
Ake - 4 (1)
Loftus-Cheek - 4 (6)
Chalobah - 5 (10)
Aina - 2 (0)
Musonda - 0
Solanke - 0

I'm willing to bet during his Chelsea career that zero players from their youth team go on to become established first team players, regardless of their attitude. It's too difficult at big teams as it is, and Conte is not the type to give young players a head start like Klopp or Wenger would, he wants ready and smart players and it doesn't suit his approach.

The exception for me would be an injury crisis and somebody shining, or if an exceptional player the level of Pogba came through. Even then, very difficult...

It seems most young players now have that stupid social media attitude, so maybe he will just bypass them all :D
I can't blame young players for using social media to the best of their abilities. It earns them more money, why not maximize profits in a career that is short lived relatively speaking?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)