Antonio Conte (30 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Allegri too "only" had two seasons and made it to one final.
But it's not the point anyway.
The only way for Juve in Europe was up when Allegri came. It was difficult for Conte with no prior European experience as a manager and the team not being complete.

One failure in Europe doesn't make you a bad coach.
Drughi are attention seekers. I can understand how they saw what Conte did as an affront because many of us did, the timing was shit, but it's well past time to say thanks and goodbye to this guy.
How anyone can be ungrateful to Conte after what he did for this club and laid the foundations for future success is something I will never understand.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
One failure in Europe doesn't make you a bad coach.

How anyone can be ungrateful to Conte after what he did for this club and laid the foundations for future success is something I will never understand.
People see it as rejection, for them the start and finish is Juventus and no grass is greener, that's football.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Some are just trying to spice things up like drama queens.

Conte built a powerful, fearless team that dominated Italy for the first time since Calciopoli breaking all kinds of records. Allegri took us to the next level with European success and continued to break records. Both should be loved and cherished. End of Story.
:tup:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The most annoying part of his tenure with us. And then when Benfica went down to 10 men, he failed to change from the 3-5-2 which had done nothing all game and just let the game peter out to nothing.
What disturbed me is that we did well for a while, then went down in intensity.

But despite having the likes of Llorente, Chiellini to camp in the box ; bonucci, pirlo, marchisio who can trow reasonable to good crosses and players to pick them up if they fumble like tevez and vidal.... we never went for that all out pressing on their bunker.

Imagine if Conte was our current coach.

"Lucky draw against monaco to move to the final ? Hell no, lets confirm 6 scudetto record"

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Conte had only 2 seasons in Europe with the team. He failed in his last campaign but people hold that against him too much imo
It's not about what he did in Europe it's about how he dealt with the situation and his mentality when he can't seem to win.

He thinks Juve's squad isn't worth much to compete on a European stage but the year he left Juve almost won the treble.

Serie a record was priority to him and only.

He resigned three weeks before Juve's official season started, a coward move and he end up being the NT coach.

The "Let's not forget where we came from" is even one of his worst repetitive sentences/statements and made Juve sound or look like Inter.

No one is questioning his ability and no one can take what he has won, not a single fan, but his mentality sucks and when I think of it, I'm glad he resigned and Allegri took over, Allegri fits perfectly and as great tactician as he is yet he is very humble and at the same time looks for improving the squad from tactical point without being given any promises from the board on the players he wants.

If you can't give Allegri what he wants, he will work with what he has and that's another thing to admire him for.

- - - Updated - - -

Conte: "I think this season it's very important to understand that it's not always about who spends more money who wins," Conte insisted. "Otherwise, in this league, this season the name of the team [at the top] would not be Chelsea or Tottenham or Arsenal or Liverpool.

Oh man :ghey:

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
It's not about what he did in Europe it's about how he dealt with the situation and his mentality when he can't seem to win.

He thinks Juve's squad isn't worth much to compete on a European stage but the year he left Juve almost won the treble.

He resigned three weeks before Juve's official season started, a coward move and he end up being the NT coach.

The "Let's not forget where we came from" is even one of his worst repetitive sentences/statements and made Juve sound or look like Inter.

No one is questioning his ability and no one can take what he has won, not a single fan, but his mentality sucks and when I think of it, I'm glad he resigned and Allegri took over, Allegri fits perfectly and as great tactician as he is yet he is very humble and at the same time looks for improving the squad from tactical point without being given any promises from the board on the players he wants.

If you can't give Allegri what he wants, he will work with what he has and that's another thing to admire him for.
I don't disagree with any of that.

Conte made mistakes but people act like he personally stabbed each of them in the back.

There is no need to be so bitter towards a legend

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I don't disagree with any of that.

Conte made mistakes but people act like he personally stabbed each of them in the back.

There is no need to be so bitter towards a legend
I agree, no one should be bitter towards him, at the end of the day we end up with Allegri and that turned out to be real success and improvement.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

Conte: "I think this season it's very important to understand that it's not always about who spends more money who wins," Conte insisted. "Otherwise, in this league, this season the name of the team [at the top] would not be Chelsea or Tottenham or Arsenal or Liverpool.

Oh man :ghey:
Allegri goes beyond that. He didnt got the TQ he wanted, and only players for a formation he never used before.
So he just turns one into a trequartista, and switches to a formation that actually uses one

The result beeing that anything that Beppe currently gets that isnt a rigid B2B cm, can fit right in

- - - Updated - - -

I totally get why our management is so fond of Allegri as a result.

He's a a brilliant tactician that knows like no other how to improve the squad with any given player. He doesnt need this or that specific player

For our management this is a gods gift. We can get upgrades at the right price, or opportunities, and they know the coach will find a way to use him instead of bitch that 4rightbacks isnt a solution.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Allegri goes beyond that. He didnt got the TQ he wanted, and only players for a formation he never used before.
So he just turns one into a trequartista, and switches to a formation that actually uses one
And when asked about the Trequartista or Mandzu LW he says it's no genius move, we had to change the formation and give more stability and freedom of movement to our players.

Simple and class.:heart:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
And when asked about the Trequartista or Mandzu LW he says it's no genius move, we had to change the formation and give more stability and freedom of movement to our players.

Simple and class.
Yeah. He absolutely refuses point blanc to take any credit for it.

In fact he makes it sound simple cause its all about the players making the sacrifice and he's just some guy putting names on a paper.

"Mandzukic ? Nah man, his exceptional workrate, contribution and added aerial and ground duel power allowed this stability"

"Dybala ? Nah man, he simply showed all these amazing qualities but also the workrate and drive to make this work so i just wrote his name on the paper"

Hence, when we win a massive game, he'll have a huge grin, shakes hand of the coach and goes in the dressingroom "cause this moment is for the players, not coach"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)