Antonio Conte (27 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I don't think he has the players to do what he wants at the moment. He was lining up in a 4-4-2 a lot in the preseason, but it didn't work either. He's a defense first coach so I think it may be another couple of transfer windows before we see what he can really do.
He certainly doesn't. Which is really his fault. Not like he didn't have the backing. Conte instead was too busy chasing Belgiums 11th choice striker to sit on the bench and brought in a midfielder like Kante who is obviously incompatible with Matic. But I did say he'd try them both together even when people said he wouldn't. We all knew it's a shit midfield combination, but Conte was always going to try that.

I mean what did they really change in the starting XI? Same average, static old defence. Slightly changed the midfield, but with an incompatible player. Same attack, with a better option off of the bench? Shit Summer for Chelsea. Really shit.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
He certainly doesn't. Which is really his fault. Not like he didn't have the backing. Conte instead was too busy chasing Belgiums 11th choice striker to sit on the bench and brought in a midfielder like Kante who is obviously incompatible with Matic. But I did say he'd try them both together even when people said he wouldn't. We all knew it's a shit midfield combination, but Conte was always going to try that.

I mean what did they really change in the starting XI? Same average, static old defence. Slightly changed the midfield, but with an incompatible player. Same attack, with a better option off of the bench? Shit Summer for Chelsea. Really shit.
What makes you think Conte is in charge of transfers. He probably has a say in it but its not fully under his control. He has been saying he needs defenders for ages now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)