Antonio Conte (136 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Just as his negative approach got raped in Europe, it's failing him atm in the BPL. His team looked clueless against Liverpool tonight. Dominated. Needing goals but sitting back and keeping defensive shape above all. He's lucky Costa bailed him out a couple times in the first games.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Just as his negative approach got raped in Europe, it's failing him atm in the BPL. His team looked clueless against Liverpool tonight. Dominated. Needing goals but sitting back and keeping defensive shape above all. He's lucky Costa bailed him out a couple times in the first games.
I thought it was a decent tactic considering we have our biggest problems with teams that sit back and defend. But then we got those goals out of nowhere and he couldn't respond in the 82nd minute.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Liverpool completely dominated that game. Even when Chelsea had the ball, they seemed clueless and inoffensive.

Klopp did fuck up taking Coutinho off, who was controlling the game. It was mindblogging. But anyway.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Liverpool completely dominated that game. Even when Chelsea had the ball, they seemed clueless and inoffensive.

Klopp did fuck up taking Coutinho off, who was controlling the game. It was mindblogging. But anyway.
Phil was getting tired and had some hamstring issues earlier in the year.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I thought it was a decent tactic considering we have our biggest problems with teams that sit back and defend. But then we got those goals out of nowhere and he couldn't respond in the 82nd minute.
That's not Conte setting up like that because he's studied Liverpool in depth though, judging by his time here he'd be setting up like that regardless.

He's going to have to change his approach, Chelsea looked hopeless.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
That's not Conte setting up like that because he's studied Liverpool in depth though, judging by his time here he'd be setting up like that regardless.

He's going to have to change his approach, Chelsea looked hopeless.
I don't think he has the players to do what he wants at the moment. He was lining up in a 4-4-2 a lot in the preseason, but it didn't work either. He's a defense first coach so I think it may be another couple of transfer windows before we see what he can really do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 127)