Antonio Conte (27 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Can't put the blame on him for this. At all. Did a great job with what he had, especially that atrocious midfield. The one thing he can't control is the ability of his players to make penalty kicks

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #43,625
    Not sure about that. Italian players are very committed to tactics and drilled to execute them well. Imagine having to do stuff like this with Cahill.
    Maybe. But on the other hand I'm pretty sure he'll be capable to punish opponents for tactical loops. I'm yet to see their transfers, though.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    That's why I started disliking the guy to begin with. Always appreciate what he did for us, but was gutted the way he left Juve and hated his comments afterwards.
    But that's what he was always like. Even back when he was a player. I sort of like him I guess as a coach, but I don't think I'd like him much as a person. I expected him to make us a competitive side again, but I also expected him to leave exactly the way he did.

Hist

Founder of Hism
    Jan 18, 2009
    I really hate Pelle, Zaza's was just as bad, but he's a Juve player
    Both tried to act cool and played one of the worst penalties I have ever seen. The pressure was insanely high though so I dont think this should be held against them. Players like Ozil and Schweinsteiger missed because of the pressure and these guys are experienced as fuck and are worldcup champions.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    Maybe. But on the other hand I'm pretty sure he'll be capable to punish opponents for tactical loops. I'm yet to see their transfers, though.
    If Ranieri can outwit the chumps with a factory worker and random journeymen, Conte certainly can. I think it's between Pep and Conte this season. Maybe Mourinho as well, if he buys himself a new team.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
    Jul 3, 2009
    The bitching in this thread :rofl: The guy made an utterly lackluster team, unbelievably outperform and go out just in penalties, but the butthurt losers here are trying to put the blame on him.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    Both tried to act cool and played one of the worst penalties I have ever seen. The pressure was insanely high though so I dont think this should be held against them. Players like Ozil and Schweinsteiger missed because of the pressure and these guys are experienced as fuck and are worldcup champions.
    I was watching with a United fan and he called both Bastian's and Darmians misses :D

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
    May 23, 2011
    The worst Italian side of the last couple of decades was on par with one of the best German sides and current world champions for most of the game. Good job.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    But that's what he was always like. Even back when he was a player. I sort of like him I guess as a coach, but I don't think I'd like him much as a person. I expected him to make us a competitive side again, but I also expected him to leave exactly the way he did.
    I didn't like him that much as a player anyway. Don't understand this discussion to be honest. To me, the way he left Juve and what he said afterwards made him look like a very petty man, and I don't like petty men. Still am thankful for what he did for us, and posted here today only to praise his coaching abilities.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I didn't like him that much as a player anyway. Don't understand this discussion to be honest. To me, the way he left Juve and what he said afterwards made him look like a very petty man, and I don't like petty men. Still am thankful for what he did for us, and posted here today only to praise his coaching abilities.
    It's weird that some of the people who have been bitching about him for years now are singing his praises and suddenly are back to liking him because he did well with Italy.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    Thanks for the great performances, now I can go back to dislike you fully on Chelsea's bench.

Will forever be grateful for how he demolished Belgium.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    The worst Italian side of the last couple of decades was on par with one of the best German sides and current world champions for most of the game. Good job.
    Conte humiliated a much fancied Belgium side and completely out managed a much fancied spain side. penalty shoot out is a lottery, most would have had Italy down and out conceding to Germany but the fight was nothing short of heroic and to be fair the zaza sub made sense at the time, after all he has scored plenty of penalties at club level in his career

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    It's weird that some of the people who have been bitching about him for years now are singing his praises and suddenly are back to liking him because he did well with Italy.
    I did not bitch about him for years. I may have posted ~10 comments about him since he left.
    I always praised his coaching skills.
    And am not back to liking him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)