Antonio Conte (54 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Have issue with Conte leaving is fine (is extremely poorly done timing), but having issue with him choosing to coach Italy is RETARDED.

Oh FIGC fvcked us and him over why would you ever represent them blablabla is just unimaginaeably inane BS. Our players allways play for the NT and we play in that federations frigging league, hearing that "argument" for choosing to go to Azzurri selectively used only for him is incredibly cringeworthy.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Have issue with Conte leaving is fine (is extremely poorly done timing), but having issue with him choosing to coach Italy is RETARDED.

Oh FIGC fvcked us and him over why would you ever represent them blablabla is just unimaginaeably inane BS. Our players allways play for the NT and we play in that federations frigging league, hearing that "argument" for choosing to go to Azzurri selectively used only for him is incredibly cringeworthy.
:agree:

I was pissed about how Conte left, and seriously annoyed by how callous some of his statements over the last year were with regards to Juventus... but it's pretty bloody obvious he has nothing but love for Juventus, and left his heart and soul on the pitch both as a player and coach here.

It's also pretty obvious that an Italian national for all those years would leap at the chance to coach the Azzurri, especially an Azzurri that was a blank slate basically after the failures of the last world cup, Conte seems to love those situations and thrive in them.

I've got nothing but respect and love for the guy, even if he pisses me off at times, and I talk shit about him in this thread. :D

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And Zach, Thuram wearing glasses and reading "serious" books to appear like an intellectual really doesn't say much. A couple years ago Lebron James started wearing hipster glasses and reading books too, is he an intellectual?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
They have a choice, they can say fuck off, as can the club if they really wanted to. But they have no reason to do that.
The clubs can't. Huge fines if they refuse to release players for duty. Players have ways of getting around it, though.

The issue isn't so much Conte coaching Italy, but Conte working and chumming up with the same organisation and characters that tried to fuck his career up a few years ago. But for the money he's getting, I'm sure he sleeps well at night.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
And he said yes he'd stay for another season...then abruptly quit two days into pre-season.

Anyway, it's all water under the bridge now. I'm glad we have Allegri now. Worked it the best for us.
Would you rather him stay unhappy at Juve and the collateral damage would be the players and fans?

I have respect for him leaving us, a more motivated Allegri arrived and we had a great season.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

I was pissed about how Conte left, and seriously annoyed by how callous some of his statements over the last year were with regards to Juventus... but it's pretty bloody obvious he has nothing but love for Juventus, and left his heart and soul on the pitch both as a player and coach here.

It's also pretty obvious that an Italian national for all those years would leap at the chance to coach the Azzurri, especially an Azzurri that was a blank slate basically after the failures of the last world cup, Conte seems to love those situations and thrive in them.

I've got nothing but respect and love for the guy, even if he pisses me off at times, and talk shit about him in this thread. :D
Conte has a hero complex for sure. Watch him try to resurrect Milan after Italy :D
The clubs can't. Huge fines if they refuse to release players for duty. Players have ways of getting around it, though.

The issue isn't so much Conte coaching Italy, but Conte working and chumming up with the same organisation and characters that tried to fuck his career up a few years ago. But for the money he's getting, I'm sure he sleeps well at night.
The national team wasn't trying to fuck his career up, it's his frigging country we're talking about. He works for his country, how hard is that to understand?

FIGC even changed leadership since that Conte nonsense.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

They are the same, really? How? Also, why are we playing in the league that demoted us and set us back 10 years then?

You REALLY think an italian coach and former player, choosing to accept the highest honour and position in his country's football is WRONG or hypocritical? I understand critique when it makes sense, but this makes none whatsoever.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
From a normal person pov, i kinda had the same viewpoint as BAUS.

Thing is, when you place this story in a political context, its suddenly completely everyday normality.

Think of it as a coalition. For 5 years you were goverment or opposition, then come elections and now you gotto make a coalition to be both goverment.

Same with Conte. He got penetrated in the anus very deeply by the FIGC with that absolute ludicrous ban they gave him, ignoring that he was freed of charges by the regular but not sporting lawsuit.

But, as Osman says, its the highest honor to coach the national team. Because the azzurri isnt just some pudrid thorn riddled cock that are the handfull at the FIGC, its millions of italians passionately supporting the team you lead.

So like that politician making a coalition with the enemy, conte selectively forgets about the penis, and coaches italy, because that matters so much more to him, then some silly unjustified ban that had zero impact on his coaching achievements, and quite honestly, every non juventino has forgotten about.

- - - Updated - - -

Conte did leave like an ass tho. Never said a bad word about juve, put the blame on himself for "running out of energy and motivation, thinking he couldnt rally them for a 4th time".

I hope Italy wins the Euro's.

JuveOP

Aug 26, 2015
Let's not pretend that Conte is the biggest legend who can kick Platini, Scirea and Lippi's ass whenever he can as some guys here do. :lol: his backstabbing, continuous whining while here and contradicting himself will never be forgiven. he is just a poor man's Mourinho. :p he is and was never loyal and him playing here for almost 10 yrs is because we were just a best team in the world at that time. if opportunity was given just like calciopoli days, he will backstab us like Thuram. he is just a employee not a legend like Vialli and Thuram imo.

venus_isle

Sep 23, 2010
Let's not pretend that Conte is the biggest legend who can kick Platini, Scirea and Lippi's ass whenever he can as some guys here do. :lol: his backstabbing, continuous whining while here and contradicting himself will never be forgiven. he is just a poor man's Mourinho. :p he is and was never loyal and him playing here for almost 10 yrs is because we were just a best team in the world at that time. if opportunity was given just like calciopoli days, he will backstab us like Thuram. he is just a employee not a legend like Vialli and Thuram imo.
Seriously? He might not be a world class player or coach but Conte is the type of guy who put all his heart into the game. if. You never watched him play back when he was a player or while he was coaching us then you better stop posting here because your post have no base fact at all

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

JuveOP

Aug 26, 2015
Seriously? He might not be a world class player or coach but Conte is the type of guy who put all his heart into the game. if. You never watched him play back when he was a player or while he was coaching us then you better stop posting here because your post have no base fact at all
so his revoked title, 10 euro restaurant interviews are all BS right? and who can define him as the type of guy who put all his heart into the game? if so, that doesn't necesarily mean he is a loyal guy. he is just a ultimate professional. that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, and he ran away from corrupt match-fixing rube to clean FIGC right? :p

venus_isle

Sep 23, 2010
so his revoked title, 10 euro restaurant interviews are all BS right? and who can define him as the type of guy who put all his heart into the game? if so, that doesn't necesarily mean he is a loyal guy. he is just a ultimate professional. that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, and he ran away from corrupt match-fixing rube to clean FIGC right? :p
An ultimate professional who ressurected our beloved juventus after years of suffering . so give a guy little bit of respect if you call yourself a fan.

Ppl can go crazy bitching about how he left, i dont mind. But those ppl never even compared him with real mercenary like thuram, cause hes not even close.

JuveOP

Aug 26, 2015
An ultimate professional who ressurected our beloved juventus after years of suffering . so give a guy little bit of respect if you call yourself a fan.

Ppl can go crazy bitching about how he left, i dont mind. But those ppl never even compared him with real mercenary like thuram, cause hes not even close.
ok I have respect for his achievement here and I am grateful for helping us coming out from that disastrous 2009-11 era. my point is 'he is not ultimate loyal Juventino but a professional'. that's it. I got ur point. and join date does not mean I am supporting this club since then.

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015
They are the same, really? How? Also, why are we playing in the league that demoted us and set us back 10 years then?

You REALLY think an italian coach and former player, choosing to accept the highest honour and position in his country's football is WRONG or hypocritical? I understand critique when it makes sense, but this makes none whatsoever.
Conte can chose EASILY another team beside NT.
Juventus's player can chose another NT? Nope.
Juventus can chose another league?

You should see the different.
Bring another reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)