Antonio Conte (74 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
On paper but the team is fragile, there are still no leaders on the pitch. I am not saying there isn't potential and I will be more than happy if they start showing what they are made of already.
That's true, I hope Pogba becomes the leader we expect him to be. If he does, there is nothing stopping us.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Wait a second, I'm feeling betrayed. When am I allowed to riot because of Beppe's toilet mercato?

I can't riot mid-mercato because 'wait for September the 1st'
I can't riot on 2nd September because 'wait for the team to gel'
I can't riot if we lose Scudetto because it shouldn't be pinned on Marotta.

Nothing bad that is potentially gonna happen can be traced back to him. On the other side he is getting praise for the Pirlo, Tevez, Pogba purchases and not the coaches who made them work. Conte and Allegri
If Conte 'worse coach than Allegri' can transform a midtable team into a title Winning squad (with an overhaul) surely the supposedly better coach in Allegri can do it with a multiple title winning team no ?
Tbh I'm already getting nightmares from Allegri's time at Milan in his last few yrs there.He's already made some mind boggling decisions in the first two games.Lets hope it doesn't continue.

- - - Updated - - -

And I bet 2011 mercato was a toilet mercato too, right Adolf ?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I thought we got over this argument. Conte turned us into a winning team, and Allegri took us up a level in Europe.

Kinda hard to compare them based on their honors when they both haven't had long managing top clubs. Especially Allegri

Someone

Sep 4, 2015
Wait a second, I'm feeling betrayed. When am I allowed to riot because of Beppe's toilet mercato?

I can't riot mid-mercato because 'wait for September the 1st'
I can't riot on 2nd September because 'wait for the team to gel'
I can't riot if we lose Scudetto because it shouldn't be pinned on Marotta.

Nothing bad that is potentially gonna happen can be traced back to him. On the other side he is getting praise for the Pirlo, Tevez, Pogba purchases and not the coaches who made them work. Conte and Allegri
you could blame marrota regardless of the squad's success. just look at what simeone did with 125mil and what he did :hihi:

allegri should win the scudetto though.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
If Conte 'worse coach than Allegri' can transform a midtable team into a title Winning squad (with an overhaul) surely the supposedly better coach in Allegri can do it with a multiple title winning team no ?
Tbh I'm already getting nightmares from Allegri's time at Milan in his last few yrs there.He's already made some mind boggling decisions in the first two games.Lets hope it doesn't continue.

- - - Updated - - -

As if Conte didn't have his moments too. The short-term memory card goes both ways.

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015

- - - Updated - - -

Since calciopoli, people has opinion that juventus always have mercato toilet.

- - - Updated - - -

Not necessarily.

If Juve get 87 points - as they did last season - and Roma manage to get more than that, I don't think that could be considered a major failure by Juve.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a reason why historically it has been hard to win more than three scudetti in a row.

Not matter how strong you are - and Juve were very strong the last two years - there comes a point when you must make changes in order to try and keep winning.

At the point those changes are made, you are bound to be somewhat vulnerable.
Even lippi had nedved, adp, thuram, and buffon, lippi only gave 2 scudetto with that team.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Not necessarily.

If Juve get 87 points - as they did last season - and Roma manage to get more than that, I don't think that could be considered a major failure by Juve.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a reason why historically it has been hard to win more than three scudetti in a row.

Not matter how strong you are - and Juve were very strong the last two years - there comes a point when you must make changes in order to try and keep winning.

At the point those changes are made, you are bound to be somewhat vulnerable.
Stop making sense!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 70)