Antonio Conte (40 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Imagine this sturaro kid transforming into Gattuso prime
Sturaro is very solid midfielder, his physique is teriffic, has a lot of character and decent ball playing skill. Had a nice half a season with Genoa, among their better players and he's fairly young mid. Would like to see him more considering that we've been plagued by injuries. Needs to be utilized from now on.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Imagine if he morphs into Nocerina in his prime? :D
Nocerino in his first year for us was a goddamn good player

- - - Updated - - -

Sturaro is very solid midfielder, his physique is teriffic, has a lot of character and decent ball playing skill. Had a nice half a season with Genoa, among their better players and he's fairly young mid. Would like to see him more considering that we've been plagued by injuries. Needs to be utilized from now on.
Yes, absolutely

Must play Sturaro and Coman now, we dont have a choise

Requiem

Jul 25, 2012
People blaming Conte for Marchisio's injury are insane. If anything it's more likely that the fault lies with Juventus for overplaying him. And it's by far the most likely that NO ONE is to blame. Things like this happen. World class athletes twist their knees all the time. The only exceptions to that rule are Ronaldo and Messi and we've been calling them robots for years now.
Yes, you can blame Conte or more so his training methods. Everybody knows that he likes to push his players harder than anyone else. And when the trainings suddenly becomes more intensive, players start to get injuries.

There we have three injuries in short period of time - Florenzi, Pasqual and Marchisio. Something similar happened before when Conte was preparing for games against Albania and Croatia. Pasqual, Ogbonna, Balotelli and Verratti left the camp with injuries. So Mister have his share of blame for those injuries.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Yes, you can blame Conte or more so his training methods. Everybody knows that he likes to push his players harder than anyone else. And when the trainings suddenly becomes more intensive, players start to get injuries.

There we have three injuries in short period of time - Florenzi, Pasqual and Marchisio. Something similar happened before when Conte was preparing for games against Albania and Croatia. Pasqual, Ogbonna, Balotelli and Verratti left the camp with injuries. So Mister have his share of blame for those injuries.
for crying out loud Marchisio got injured in a warm up, a bloody warm up! it has nothing to do with Conte's methods.

Look at the number of injuries england have suffered this international week? do you think hodgson makes his players work any harder than Conte?

Marchisio's case was just sheer bad luck and if anything his injury would have been attributed to the fact he has played a hell of a lot recently

Requiem

Jul 25, 2012
for crying out loud Marchisio got injured in a warm up, a bloody warm up! it has nothing to do with Conte's methods.

Look at the number of injuries england have suffered this international week? do you think hodgson makes his players work any harder than Conte?

Marchisio's case was just sheer bad luck and if anything his injury would have been attributed to the fact he has played a hell of a lot recently
I wrote about tendency in general that players get more injuries in Contes training camps. I also didn't blame him alone, I just said that he have his share in this.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Conte: 'Don't use past against me!'
By Football Italia staff

by Deal Top
X

Azzurri Coach Antonio Conte lashes back at his critics, saying his teams 'don't work hard, they work well'.

The Italian expedition to play against Bulgaria on Saturday did not start on the right foot, with midfielder Claudio Marchisio picking up an injury that could keep him sidelined for six months, and the inevitable fury of the Juventus supporters.

“I'm bothered by those who try to use my past against me,” said the former Juventus Coach in today's Press conference.

“But I don't mind the controversy, I've always lived in it. Professor [Enrico] Castellacci already explained everything [about the injury]."

Fiat Group President John Elkann was among the most prominent critics, publicly asking why the national team forced players to work so hard.
“I wonder why Elkann didn't ask me that when I was at Juventus? We don't work 'hard', we work well.

“Marchisio is an important player for us, but he'll be replaced aptly by [Andrea] Bertolacci, who will play in his stead.

Professor Castellacci, also present at the conference, made a statement to clarify the circumstances in which the player hurt himself.

“We're doing some exams to quantify the injury,” he said.
“His injury was absurd and inexplicable. He hurt himself while warming up, running without the ball."
“It's a shame because it happened in a paradoxical manner, when the training still had to begin.”

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I wrote about tendency in general that players get more injuries in Contes training camps. I also didn't blame him alone, I just said that he have his share in this.
I recall Juve having one of the fewest injury casualties when Conte was in charge of Juve, perhaps we ought to question the physio's at Juve now and the conditioning methods used

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I recall Juve having one of the fewest injury casualties when Conte was in charge of Juve, perhaps we ought to question the physio's at Juve now and the conditioning methods used
What? Conte was constantly complaining about injured players. We had our CB crisis last year when a different CB seemed to get injured weekly in the winter. Plus Vidal's injury. Plus Pepe being injured for 2/3s of Conte's tenure. Vucinic last year. Etc. We had lots of injuries under Conte.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And if Marchisio actually managed to rupture an ACL during a warmup without the ball then something is seriously wrong with the warmup methods of the NT, or else they're warming up on shit turf or grass that would allow a freak injury like this to occur.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
What? Conte was constantly complaining about injured players. We had our CB crisis last year when a different CB seemed to get injured weekly in the winter. Plus Vidal's injury. Plus Pepe being injured for 2/3s of Conte's tenure. Vucinic last year. Etc. We had lots of injuries under Conte.
in comparison to the likes of milan? we were lucky to call upon Pogba, Marchisio, Pirlo, Asamoah, Tevez, Llorente, Matri, Giovinco, Chiellini, Bonucci and to a certain extent Barzagli till last season most weeks

- - - Updated - - -

And if Marchisio actually managed to rupture an ACL during a warmup without the ball then something is seriously wrong with the warmup methods of the NT, or else they're warming up on shit turf or grass that would allow a freak injury like this to occur.
again that has nothing to do with Conte, this is the responsibility of the fitness coaches.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
in comparison to the likes of milan? we were lucky to call upon Pogba, Marchisio, Pirlo, Asamoah, Tevez, Llorente, Matri, Giovinco, Chiellini, Bonucci and to a certain extent Barzagli till last season most weeks

- - - Updated - - -

again that has nothing to do with Conte, this is the responsibility of the fitness coaches.
Conte was so desperate to set the points record last year that he played an injured Vidal against Serie A minnows during the run-in and basically turned him into half the player he was.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
http://football-italia.net/64434/conte-once-coach-now

'Conte? Once a Coach, now...'
By Football Italia staff

Fiat Group President John Elkann says Antonio Conte is 'not a Coach' as he escalates their argument.

The man behind Juventus as a business and the man who used to be behind their tactics are caught in a heated polemic after midfielder Claudio Marchisio picked up a cruciate ligament injury in training.

The Bianconeri lose the player at a crucial juncture as they prepare for the Champions League quarter-finals against Monaco, and this prompted Elkann to publicly question Conte's work-loads in training.

On from the triple Scudetto winner's response, Elkann stoked their argument again.

“Conte used to be a Coach in Turin, but in the national team he's just a cherry-picker,” he said, as reported by Gazzetta.it.

“Those are two different jobs. Perhaps he'd like to be remembered as the cherry-picker with the highest number of injuries.
rekt by elkann twice in one day :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)