Antonio Conte (226 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yep. I bet he has something lined up for June with Milan, probably.

He's just looking for an excuse to leave.

What a joke
didnt Raiola say he refused Milan because he respects us too much? so why would he leave the job he picked over Milan to go to Milan now? if anything, i see him at PSG once Blanc leaves or in the EPL but not before the EURO 2016

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I will always love the guy, i can never forget he was the catalyst for bringing us back to winning ways but i am glad he decided to move on. I think the guy is crazy and borderline insane from some of his behaviour. He always complained about money but Diego Simeone proved time and time again that money can only get u so far and it is possible to beat the better teams on a smaller budget.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Simeone is consistently pulling miracles that no one else was ever able to do. He is an exception not a rule. The rule is you need money to compete.

Conte over-performed with out squad in his first season and adequately performed on the second before under-performing in Europe in the third. Conte's resume with us is very good but Simeone is just from a different planet compared to any other coach.

- - - Updated - - -

didnt Raiola say he refused Milan because he respects us too much? so why would he leave the job he picked over Milan to go to Milan now? if anything, i see him at PSG once Blanc leaves or in the EPL but not before the EURO 2016
This.
Conte wont quit. If he is whining it is to pressure clubs into giving him more time with the players. He must have realized that his squad is worst than shit now that Pirlo, Barzagli and Buffon have declined. He should have never taken that job. Very bad decision made out of some stupid sense of nationalist pride

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I will always love the guy, i can never forget he was the catalyst for bringing us back to winning ways but i am glad he decided to move on. I think the guy is crazy and borderline insane from some of his behaviour. He always complained about money but Diego Simeone proved time and time again that money can only get u so far and it is possible to beat the better teams on a smaller budget.
Klopp has done this too.

Conte was a whiner. He did great things for Juve... but he's a whiner and a baby whenever anything goes wrong for him. Did he have less money than a few other teams? sure. Is it harder to win with less money? sure. Should he have shut the fuck up, worked hard for results in Europe and not whined and cried to the media about Juventus' relative lack of resources, basically once a week? Fuck yes.

I can't believe it was good for our players' mentality in Europe that before big matches he would say that we can't compete with top teams. What fucking coach does that? Stupid.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I can't believe it was good for our players' mentality in Europe that before big matches he would say that we can't compete with top teams. What fucking coach does that? Stupid.
This is one of the more ridiculous accepted myths on tuz. Why does everyone think that the words a coach says publically before a match have such a massive effect on their mental attitude that this argument always comes up against Conte as if we'd have performed significantly better had he not said this or that?

What matters is what he tells the players in private.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Klopp has done this too.

Conte was a whiner. He did great things for Juve... but he's a whiner and a baby whenever anything goes wrong for him. Did he have less money than a few other teams? sure. Is it harder to win with less money? sure. Should he have shut the $#@! up, worked hard for results in Europe and not whined and cried to the media about Juventus' relative lack of resources, basically once a week? $#@! yes.

I can't believe it was good for our players' mentality in Europe that before big matches he would say that we can't compete with top teams. What $#@!ing coach does that? Stupid.
Klopp has undone everything good he ever achieved this season. Conte has a much better CV.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
This is one of the more ridiculous accepted myths on tuz. Why does everyone think that the words a coach says publically before a match have such a massive effect on their mental attitude that this argument always comes up against Conte as if we'd have performed significantly better had he not said this or that?

What matters is what he tells the players in private.
I don't think it's the end of the world. I just think it was stupid, entirely stupid. You're at Juve, you have the transfer budget you have, make the best of it. He didn't need to spend so much time whining about it.

Aside from this, the way we approached the Bayern games a couple years ago, tactically speaking was with the idea we just wanted to lose by a respectable amount.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I don't think it's the end of the world. I just think it was stupid, entirely stupid. You're at Juve, you have the transfer budget you have, make the best of it. He didn't need to spend so much time whining about it.

Aside from this, the way we approached the Bayern games a couple years ago, tactically speaking was with the idea we just wanted to lose by a respectable amount.
Hell no. We gave our all against Bayern but were completely out played and that broke our spirit. We did not aim for a draw or a respectable loss, the momentum was very high after beating shaktar, chelsea and thrashing celtic and everyone thought we had a chance. Mourinho said we are the team that scares him the most in the CL this season. Bayern put us in our place despite our best efforts and thats why Conte's comments where not unfounded. They were very much superior to us at our best.

Conte's failure in his last season was in regaining the momentum that we used to have. Even if Sneijder hadnt scored his goal or the weather was better and we made it out of the group stage last year, we never displayed the fresh attitude of an unstoppable force that we had since Conte took charge until then. We were shaky at the back, wasteful at the front even though Tevez, Vidal and Llorente had no problems scoring at all in Italy and our defense was impenetrable.

I do agree on one thing, Conte should not have given up and should have been patient. You dont meet a Bayern, Madrid or Barca everyday and when you do it is extremely rare that they play at their absolute best like they did under Heynckes. This Bayern in particular was too good, but normally the big teams arent THAT good and so are beatable. They were a one of a kind on probably their best ever season and we still did better than Barca.

Second, if he had stayed, Conte would have had the opportunity to pass the group phase this year and prove that 2013 was just very unlucky in the CL. The fans that were against him would have went back to praising him.

Third, the club is steadily growing financially and he could have continued to do well in Serie A and done better in Europe. Building a dynasty takes time especially that Juve was rebuilt from scratch.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:tup: :tup: :tup:

I suppose I'm a little bitter he left so abruptly, especially on the back of a failed European season. I wish he had stayed one more season with motivation to succeed in Europe at least that one year before leaving Juve, and to see what the plan was for the 2015 summer mercato. We improved our depth vastly this past summer, it would have been interesting to see what he could have done with this, and better ability to rotate it would have provided him. And hopefully we'll improve our starting XI this coming summer. I think Conte lacked patience, and was often far too stubborn, which can be both a quality and a problem.

Leaving the way he did rubbed me the wrong way, especially after the failure in Europe last year. And all the talk of not being able to dine in a 100 Euro restaurant with 10 Euros. That's all there is to say really.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
whats funny is that Bayern, even when they outplayed us completely, won that 1st game in a weird way. we started that game with Quag-Matri upfront, and Peluso covering the left flank. they scored a 1st minute deflected shot which changed the game entirely i think. we took the play from them after that and had one good chance. then the next important moment, Kroos got injured and they put in Robben (who wasnt even a regular starter for them that season until that moment) and after that they completely outplayed us and created several chances. they scored the 2nd goal (offside) in the 2nd half and finished the game. after we put in Vucinic (Matri and Quag did absolutely nothing all game) he instantly created our best chance in the game when Vidals shot was held by Neuer. then Giovinco had a funny scene when Van Buyten couldnt see him getting past, but Gio lost the ball before he could shoot. as a bonus we lost Vidal and Licht for the return leg so our chances dropped to close to zero. they would still beat us anyway, but the way they won that game really bothers me. i wonder how the game would go had we been with Vucinic and Asamoah (and maybe Gio too) instead, not concede a 1st minute deflection, and Kroos not getting injured.

samfisher5

Jan 30, 2013
Yeah, he is a paranoid crazy fuck.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Would be stupid and childish move if really leaves the NT.

- - - Updated - - -

:tup: :tup: :tup:

I suppose I'm a little bitter he left so abruptly, especially on the back of a failed European season. I wish he had stayed one more season with motivation to succeed in Europe at least that one year before leaving Juve, and to see what the plan was for the 2015 summer mercato. We improved our depth vastly this past summer, it would have been interesting to see what he could have done with this, and better ability to rotate it would have provided him. And hopefully we'll improve our starting XI this coming summer. I think Conte lacked patience, and was often far too stubborn, which can be both a quality and a problem.

Leaving the way he did rubbed me the wrong way, especially after the failure in Europe last year. And all the talk of not being able to dine in a 100 Euro restaurant with 10 Euros. That's all there is to say really.
+1.
Agree.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Trying to argue for Juve being as good as Bayern in 2013 is... interesting? Yes, interesting, but also illogical and insane... I expect better Zizinho :lol:
as good as Bayern? you probably missed the part where i said "they would still beat us anyway". so im not trying to argue that we were as good as them. i only said that the way they won "the game that changed our mentality under Conte" bothers me. i aslo added that "i wonder how the game would end if we had Vucinic and Asamoah (and Gio probably too), Kroos not getting injured and us not conceding a 1st minute deflection". thats not the same as this "i think with Vucinic and Asamoah (and maybe Gio too), Kroos not getting injured and us not conceding a 1st minute deflection, we could probably beat them". but youre probably trying to troll me again, like with Coman having a terrible game, so youre forgiven. Klin is forgiven too. its scientifically proven that when you live on an island your whole life, surrounded by water all the time, your IQ drops, and you tend to forget things steadily. i think he was an inter fan before, when they were crap pre-calciopoli. one morning in 2009 he woke up, asked himself "who am i supporting again?" and remembered "i know, someone who was crap all the time". then he probably watched one of Juve games, he got convinced he supports that team, and decided to join a forum to never forget again. that would also explain why he hates Milan more than any other member here. so im not mad at him. i dont know this Gep guy but he is on the forum for 10 years and only has 163 cash so he probably sucks too...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Klin is forgiven too. its scientifically proven that when you live on an island your whole life, surrounded by water all the time, your IQ drops, and you tend to forget things steadily. i think he was an inter fan before, when they were crap pre-calciopoli. one morning in 2009 he woke up, asked himself "who am i supporting again?" and remembered "i know, someone who was crap all the time". then he probably watched one of Juve games, he got convinced he supports that team, and decided to join a forum to never forget again. that would also explain why he hates Milan more than any other member here. so im not mad at him. i dont know this Gep guy but he is on the forum for 10 years and only has 163 cash so he probably sucks too...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 217)