Antonio Conte (58 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
He wanted the job and now giving so much excuses after his third game. I am going to stick with what I said earlier, he will never see success in any other team cause he is just a mediocre coach whose weakness were hidden by the great strength of the team, Marotta, the stadium and the lack of quality in the league.
:lol:

Just anyone could have gotten Juve back to the top of Italy with amazing players like Vucinic, Matri, Quags, Pepe, Estegbarria, Bonnuci and Marchisio. Even Allegri could do it. Oh wait Allegri was coaching the Milan that had Ibra, Cassano, Pato, Robinho, Silva, Nesta, Seedorf, Van Bommel, Boetang, and Gattuso still in the team and were champions the previous year.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
He sure does moan a lot. It's not like he didn't understand these problems were in place before he took the job.

- doesn't get to spend much time with players
- media keep going over stories to get a reaction (which they easily get)
- Italy don't have a big selection of players
- the Nazionale is not the priority it was even 10 years ago (this goes for many NTs now)

Whether you call it reasons or excuses it's nothing he couldn't not have known.

Still, like he says, his record so far is good and he will create a team that is tough to beat, especially when he has the many missing players back.
Things he knew before accepting a contract and them moaned about... Hm, seems that I have heard that somewhere, wonder where...

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Remember the arguments he had with Prandelli back in March this year when he picked Barzagli and Chiellini for the friendly against Spain? Didn't see him show his "national pride" then and give his players to the NT without a fuss. As great as a manager he is, he really is a massive hypocrite.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Remember the arguments he had with Prandelli back in March this year when he picked Barzagli and Chiellini for the friendly against Spain? Didn't see him show his "national pride" then and give his players to the NT without a fuss. As great as a manager he is, he really is a massive hypocrite.
One might call him an extreme professional, I myself think he is a moral degenerate.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
:lol:

Just anyone could have gotten Juve back to the top of Italy with amazing players like Vucinic, Matri, Quags, Pepe, Estegbarria, Bonnuci and Marchisio. Even Allegri could do it. Oh wait Allegri was coaching the Milan that had Ibra, Cassano, Pato, Robinho, Silva, Nesta, Seedorf, Van Bommel, Boetang, and Gattuso still in the team and were champions the previous year.
Why not highlight Marotta, the stadium and the lack of quality as well ? I did't just point out the team , and we had Vidal and Pirlo that season. People will believe what they want to believe, you will see that Conte will see no success elsewhere.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He did tremendous job in his first season. I really don't believe any other coach could have done a better job back then. But he seems to be too rigid and limited, along with being two faced to be long term option anywhere.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
he only tries to do the best with the team he is coaching at the moment. ofcourse he is gonna say those things as a Juventus coach because it directly affected the team he was coaching at that moment in a negative way. he was telling those things as a Juventus coach when he was losing his players every international break because of stupid friendlies (i agree that best players should get a rest from the NT sometimes). now he is the National coach, and he is gonna do and say things that will benefit the NT. how would it benefit the interests of the team he is coaching right now if he doesent do those things he was against while still with us? it wouldnt. he is gonna call the best players available whenever he can because thats what his job requires him to do. call him a hypocrite, a extreme professional, a moral degenerate or whatever you want. he tries to do his job the best he can. thats all

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
he only tries to do the best with the team he is coaching at the moment. ofcourse he is gonna say those things as a Juventus coach because it directly affected the team he was coaching at that moment in a negative way. he was telling those things as a Juventus coach when he was losing his players every international break because of stupid friendlies (i agree that best players should get a rest from the NT sometimes). now he is the National coach, and he is gonna do and say things that will benefit the NT. how would it benefit the interests of the team he is coaching right now if he doesent do those things he was against while still with us? it wouldnt. he is gonna call the best players available whenever he can because thats what his job requires him to do. call him a hypocrite, a extreme professional, a moral degenerate or whatever you want. he tries to do his job the best he can. thats all

well that would just make sense wouldnt it, so we cant be having it: HYPOCRITE!

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
but Conte knew all those things before he took the job..he was even a part of it moaning about the azzurri and his players when he was here...and now? probably he expected because "I AM CONTE" that he would keep getting the importance and asskissing that HE thinks he deserves...he's not feeling the love...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
cause he is just a mediocre coach whose weakness were hidden by the great strength of the team, Marotta, the stadium and the lack of quality in the league.
Yes yes, ofcourse he was just a complete passenger coasting on the supreme quality of our roster and Marrotta's genius, he has been completely found out, good think we have Sherlocks like you to tell us the real events.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
but Conte knew all those things before he took the job..he was even a part of it moaning about the azzurri and his players when he was here...and now? probably he expected because "I AM CONTE" that he would keep getting the importance and asskissing that HE thinks he deserves...he's not feeling the love...
That why theres a saying that goes like "dont spit up because it can fall onto you", or something on those lines.
Now he is on the other side of the equation and he wants all the coaches to have national pride and let his players go whenever he wants?.

I really understand Conte´s POV, as it makes sense to improve italy´s results, but then why he says this things now and then he was mad as hell when prandelli was asking for Juvenus players left and right?.

Lets be real, everyone would have moaned like Conte did against prandelli...because in the end.. the personal needs (in his case was juve) are first. Everyone would have done the same... myself included. I prefer to keep my job and win with my team than feeding the nazionale, you can bet on it. BUT, (here comes the but).... if he knows that things are like that...and that everyone will just look to accomodate their own needs.... he should be more realist and not be moaning about a lack of support from coaches and teams. That was expected and he knew that. He has to work with what he can and thats it. being an NT coach is tough, you dont have time to do things.
If he thinks that teams and coaches will bend over for the sake of the nationale (his sake) he will be in for a harsh wake up.

Honestly this blind hate of Conte is one of the most pathetic things I haver seen on this forum.
Everyone here is free to have whatever opinion they want to have. if some peeps here are happy with following Conte, the badass manager who always speaks in a direct way, then fine. But you really should accept that there are ones here who dont like the way Conte do things. As simple as that.
Call it pathetic, call it whatever you want. Thats YOUR point of view. It doesnt mean everyone should be on your line.

Oh, and for sure is not "blind hate". I dont think anyone here hates him. Theres no reason to. he is a past champion from juve and gave us 3 scudettos..... But i highly dislike his manners and his way of thinking. Thats not hate bro.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Why not highlight Marotta, the stadium and the lack of quality as well ? I did't just point out the team , and we had Vidal and Pirlo that season. People will believe what they want to believe, you will see that Conte will see no success elsewhere.
because the squad was shit and he did something spectacular with it. You are calling the guy a mediocre failure for one bad season in Europe and completely shitting on all of his good work in Serie A for 3 years and in Europe for the other year he participated in the competition.

The azzuri job is extremely difficult especially with this terrible pool of italian players but I am certain that if Conte were to coach another top club, he'll be much more successful from the Mancinis, Pellegrinis, Wengers of the world.

How do you find Klopp btw?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
While he left in a bad way, lets not start hating on the man that out this team back where it should be in italy.

We know how he is. And we know he doesnt like to be questionned by the media. We liked when he did that back at juve cause fuck media. Shouldnt be a surprise he still does that.

But why is it important ? Fuck public image of coaches, i'll rate them on how their team performs relative to the quality, and the azzurri are kinda low in quality, and pathetically low compared to previous generations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)