Antonio Conte (57 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Just being realistic, we couldn't match his obviously extremely high ambitions. Or at least he was not willing or perhaps able to try to bridge that gap in the way Dortmund, Atlético and a few others have successfully done in recent years. This would have been really hard to achieve, and he obviously didn't fancy it.

For those talking about the management and ambition, our 'ambition' is always going to be limited by our finances. We could be super ambitious with lots of money, that's very easy. You might not agree with the players we sign, or the strategy, but that is always agreed upon as a group, something Conte was part of and increasingly influential with. Obviously not enough from his perspective. But on the other hand you can't stomp your feet about quality when several of the said dreaded squad players signed have your mark all over them.

Tevez10

Aug 29, 2013
Butthurt!

I see similarities between him and Deschamps, both of them had disagreements with the management and left. Before Conte we were utter shit, just like Inter now, or even worst, we lost to likes of Cagliari at home. And built a competitive Juve for Serie A, but management seems to be happy with only Serie A, Conte moved and and wants bigger challenges. I have nothing but love for the guy, and I am very grateful. I wish him all the best, I hope he wins Euro and goes very far in World Cup.

Thank you mister.

Mar 9, 2006
Butthurt!

I see similarities between him and Deschamps, both of them had disagreements with the management and left. Before Conte we were utter shit, just like Inter now, or even worst, we lost to likes of Cagliari at home. And built a competitive Juve for Serie A, but management seems to be happy with only Serie A, Conte moved and and wants bigger challenges. I have nothing but love for the guy, and I am very grateful. I wish him all the best, I hope he wins Euro and goes very far in World Cup.

Thank you mister.

:lol:
they even asked Conte to lose games in the european tournaments because of it

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Just being realistic, we couldn't match his obviously extremely high ambitions. Or at least he was not willing or perhaps able to try to bridge that gap in the way Dortmund, Atlético and a few others have successfully done in recent years. This would have been really hard to achieve, and he obviously didn't fancy it.

For those talking about the management and ambition, our 'ambition' is always going to be limited by our finances. We could be super ambitious with lots of money, that's very easy. You might not agree with the players we sign, or the strategy, but that is always agreed upon as a group, something Conte was part of and increasingly influential with. Obviously not enough from his perspective. But on the other hand you can't stomp your feet about quality when several of the said dreaded squad players signed have your mark all over them.
Grass is always greener etc

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The abysmal European campaign last year has skewed the perspective of fans as a whole, but if it has done the same with Conte then that is a surprise. We quite simply should have done a lot better than we did (and already did the season before), so both he and the players made mistakes.

We didn't suddenly become not good enough for QF or RO16 minimum, we just had a shit campaign. Fans should realise that, but more importantly, surely he did?

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
He was well paid with us to be fair.

@X

I didn't like the way he said after he left Juventus he actively went looking for bigger and better jobs. Someone of Conte's ilk at this moment was at his maximum ceiling.... He's done nothing to deserve a shot at the World's biggest clubs.

Mar 9, 2006
What are you talking about? Our team wasn't just good enough to play other formation than 3-5-2, and it's a failure in Europe.
:lol:
What a nonsense :rofl: Just because Conte was afraid to try something new (atleast he tried 2 times against Real with 433) it's doesn't mean that we were not able to play in new formation, stop idolizing him, he failed because of his stubbornness, because of his not willingness to try something new

Raz

Nov 20, 2005

@X

I didn't like the way he said after he left Juventus he actively went looking for bigger and better jobs. Someone of Conte's ilk at this moment was at his maximum ceiling.... He's done nothing to deserve a shot at the World's biggest clubs.
That is true. And he is thinking of himself really really good too good for what he actually is imo.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
The abysmal European campaign last year has skewed the perspective of fans as a whole, but if it has done the same with Conte then that is a surprise. We quite simply should have done a lot better than we did (and already did the season before), so both he and the players made mistakes.

We didn't suddenly become not good enough for QF or RO16 minimum, we just had a shit campaign. Fans should realise that, but more importantly, surely he did?

but whats the ambition? when are we planning to mount a serious challenge to win in CL and i am not talking freak far off chance a la atletico, this team's window is closing, if we dont strengthen now, then replacing the likes of pirlo, buffon, barzagli, and tevez will take longer not to mention the attrition their departure will cause. Wed need at least another 5-6 years.

- - - Updated - - -

@X

quote please

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Disappointed with this guy. He pretty much limited his options for the future. I doubt that I'll be watching Azzurri with him at helm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)