Antonio Conte (28 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
If the management knew something like this could happen then why the fuck we didn't have a plan B lined up? Allegris, Mancinis etc are an easy choice because they're unemployed, surely some good coach would be interested in getting our team but now it's too late for that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
i tried to read the whole thread but just in case i missed something:
could someone please sum up the mentioned reasons for his departure?
until now i remember
- conte saying it was about personal motivation.
- buffon saying it was about personal motivation.
- di marzio saying it was about personal motivation.
- conte´s entourage saying it was about personal motivation and not about the mercato.

furthermore it doesn´t seem like a any news about vidal leaving surfaced...
There is no transfer news to add, other than Iturbe being close to Roma.

- - - Updated - - -

If the management knew something like this could happen then why the fuck we didn't have a plan B lined up? Allegris, Mancinis etc are an easy choice because they're unemployed, surely some good coach would be interested in getting our team but now it's too late for that.
There is nothing to suggest this would happen, it makes no sense to suggest that he would turn up and resign on the second day of training. However he's been threatening this for 2 years now, so I'd be surprised if we didn't have someone in mind as a contingency. It was probably Prandelli, knowing our luck :D

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
We never sign them though.

Morata seems like it was definite to go through but the Iturbe deal seemed very smokey.

It's inaccurate to say we have money to buy Sanchez because we we're linked with Morata and Iturbe. The deals never materialized.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Totally lost my respect.

I only blame him for all this, before a month he wanted to go which was very clear, why messing us up now?

Such unprofessional move to put the team in this situation.
Exactly this. I don't care what made him take this decision I lost all respect to him. He knew the financial situation very well. He gave his promise he's staying and a few weeks later he's leaving. No respect for the fans, management and the club. A legend is supposed to stick to the club during difficult times. Del Piero, Buffon and Nedved had it much worse when we got relegated and they still stood by the club. Those are legends of this club, definitely above Conte. If he left in May I'd be ok with it. He started training with the team to prepare for the new season and now leaves. No matter how you look at it, it just doesn't look good.
A True gentleman never leaves his lady
Well said :tup:

How do you know this?
He's talking out of his ass. He thinks Barca is that stupid they'd sell him for cheap to us just because we're Juventus, lol.

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
Honestly I don't see a good excuse for Conte's resignation, even if the board broke their promises he shouldn't have resigned now because he just fucked the club and the fans for possibly years to come, he should have quit earlier or simply should have waited till May.

Now we risk losing our best players, all our transfers collapsed and won't have an adequate replacement for next season which will make things worse for the players, the only way I see it is that Conte fucked us over, I am not defending the board but I just believe Conte Should have put the Club and the fans before his ego.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
There is nothing to suggest this would happen, it makes no sense to suggest that he would turn up and resign on the second day of training. However he's been threatening this for 2 years now, so I'd be surprised if we didn't have someone in mind as a contingency. It was probably Prandelli, knowing our luck :D
It was a shock for the fans, but i'm sure mgmt knew that Conte's unsure about the future. Look how fast they made the video of him, imo it wasn't a big surprise for them that he resigned. That's why i can't understand we didn't at least make contacts with big coaches, trying to lure someone. Or maybe they think that italian coach is the only way to go..

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Also Sanchez ended up at arsenal in the EPL.

Do you think we can get into a bidding war with them?

Sanchez was never realistic.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I don't see a good excuse for Conte's resignation, even if the board broke their promises he shouldn't have resigned now because he just fucked the club and the fans for possibly years to come, he should have quit earlier or simply should have waited till May.

Now we risk losing our best players, all our transfers collapsed and won't have an adequate replacement for next season which will make things worse for the players, the only way I see it is that Conte fucked us over, I am not defending the board but I just believe Conte Should have put the Club and the fans before his ego.
Conte did a lot for us these last past 3 years but he undoubtedly fucked us over. Very unprofessional of him.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
We never sign them though.

Morata seems like it was definite to go through but the Iturbe deal seemed very smokey.

It's inaccurate to say we have money to buy Sanchez because we we're linked with Morata and Iturbe. The deals never materialized.
It wasn't links like Aguero, RVP etc. they were pretty close to being finished.

- - - Updated - - -

Problem with players like Sanchez are the salaries not the fees, we pay Vidal 4 million/year and he is our super star best player, go figure.
Tevez gets 5.5m/yr before tax

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
It wasn't links like Aguero, RVP etc. they were pretty close to being finished.
RVP, Aguero & others were all considered done deals by the same people who now fell for it once again. How many times haven't we heard that the money we were going to spend on RVP should have been spent on a different player?

Isn't it funny how the same thing happens over and over again and how the same people keep getting worked up over it?

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Why did he have to leave on such a bad note. After everything that has happened these last three seasons, he just leaves us like this. What kind of professional leaves 2 days into preseason preparements because he's tired? Very selfish move and completely shit on the fans when just a week ago he said he was preparing a strong Juve.

I personally don't think I'll be able to forgive him or think of him the same way as I did. I LOVED Conte, but this is like having a girlfriend and everything is going perfect and one day she just leaves you because she's tired of you. Conte left his Old Lady, now it's time to love on.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Why did he have to leave on such a bad note. After everything that has happened these last three seasons, he just leaves us like this. What kind of professional leaves 2 days into preseason preparements because he's tired? Very selfish move and completely shit on the fans when just a week ago he said he was preparing a strong Juve.

I personally don't think I'll be able to forgive him or think of him the same way as I did. I LOVED Conte, but this is like having a girlfriend and everything is going perfect and one day she just leaves you because she's tired of you. Conte left his Old Lady, now it's time to love on.
He didn't, stop making stuff up and stop inventing crap.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
He didn't, stop making stuff up and stop inventing crap.
Yeah I'm inventing stuff up.

Why don't you grow a spine and not just follow what other people say. You're just copying what X said and I've answered him.

He left, he gave up on us, that's no invention. You have a mind of a 2 year old and can't see reason.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Yeah I'm inventing stuff up.

Why don't you grow a spine and not just follow what other people say. You're just copying what X said and I've answered him.

He left, he gave up on us, that's no invention. You have a mind of a 2 year old and can't see reason.
:lol: I'm following what other people say? Mr. I believe the first thing that comes from Conte's press team. Great critical thinking Joe :tup:

If he really wanted to leave he would have left 2 months ago, it's that simple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)