Antonio Conte (92 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Contes ambitions and any preexisting arrangements taken into consideration, this left the club in a very tight spot. Next season is basically ruined and while we are not quite set back to post calciopoli state of affairs, it set back the club tremendously.

A true Juventus legend would have swallowed it, done his for the club for the first six months, offering some timetoworkon a replacement and then left. There is this idea that Juventus is bigger than the players playing for it and the people managing it and i fulle subscribe to it, i I hoped Conte would too. He had the chance to bail earlier in the season and he should have seized it were he not prepared for hiccups. A management as finsncislly responsible as the current one would not have agreed on any circumstances earlier this summer when they were persuading him, were they not 100 percent sure they could deliver. That might be a failure on their part to do the job, but it certainly does not imply that they tried tricking him into staying, as some members sadly seem to be implying
:tup:

TBH this move by Conte is worse than when Ibra left us for Inter, and people still want to kill him for that.

At least Ibra wasn't Juventus legend and the best years were ahead of him. I don't give a shit about the reasons he left, the fact is that he just throw us back into 2011/2012 or even worse... He could have waited at least until winter, it's not like he is working for free and being molested every day. If anything he should have done it for the club he supposedly loves so much.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I'm still disgusted by this action of his.
The only worse moment for him to leave would be on the final day of mercato. We still have enough time to get necessary players and set the right objectives. But I definitely lost bit of respect for the guy. Still like him though, he'll always be our legend.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Not a fan of the manner he left but one cant argue the massive effect he had on the squad and the club itself, bringing us back from shit with Del Neri and turning us into the powerhouse if Italy again (as it should be) will always respect and love this man, for what he did to the club both playing and coaching.

good luck on all your future endeavours.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
WTF man?! Wait before you judge. Perhaps he has a legitimate reason. Assume you were being promised certain things/provided guarantees in your line of work, and your bosses/superiors fucked you over. I'm sure you'd quit too.
You should wait too then. Conte was talking about leaving for quite some time now and only signed one year deal. If anything I think he knew where he was getting into and could have just left us at the end of the season, we would have been in much better position then now.

Anyway, the situation is very clouded for now and no one knows what really happened.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
What if he's a perfectionist (a lot of people said that) and couldn't see us winning after these years. And just couldn't handle loosing (he himself said that, that it will be extremely hard to go back to winning with the current group because of motivation). Well that would be all on Conte then, specially when he himself signed a one year deal just month ago. Maybe he loves Juve, but loves himself and his rep even more?

I'm not blaming him now, and wouldn't want to in the future, but leaving like this is certainly a lot on him and he left us in a bad situation.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
What if he's a perfectionist (a lot of people said that) and couldn't see us winning after these years. And just couldn't handle loosing (he himself said that, that it will be extremely hard to go back to winning with the current group because of motivation). Well that would be all on Conte then, specially when he himself signed a one year deal just month ago. Maybe he loves Juve, but loves himself and his rep even more?

I'm not blaming him now, and wouldn't want to in the future, but leaving like this is certainly a lot on him and he left us in a bad situation.
Are you saying he got out whilst the going was good? I agree. The longer he stays here the more possibility he fails, with other clubs closing in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 87)